who do you THINK will win the Democratic Iowa Caucuses?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:04:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  who do you THINK will win the Democratic Iowa Caucuses?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: who do you THINK will win the Democratic Iowa Caucuses? [last Intrade transaction price in brackets]
Hillary Clinton [47.0]

Barack Obama [40.0]

John Edwards [20.7]

other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: who do you THINK will win the Democratic Iowa Caucuses?  (Read 2410 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2007, 10:23:04 PM »

Was I wrong to assume that you support Obama?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 10:24:11 PM »

Was I wrong to assume that you support Obama?

I don't support anyone.  except Mike Gravel, of course.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 10:53:23 PM »

I don't see how Edwards is any more of an unprincipled office holder than Obama is. They both decided to run way too early into their respective Senate careers.

^^ two wrongs make a right logical fallacy
Logical fallacies abound everywhere. Even intelligent forum members make specious arguments.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 10:56:03 PM »

I don't see how Edwards is any more of an unprincipled office holder than Obama is. They both decided to run way too early into their respective Senate careers.

Logical fallacies abound everywhere. Even intelligent forum members make specious arguments.

again...
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2007, 11:00:01 PM »

again...

My point was we're all guilty of making false assumptions, tautologies, meretricious arguments etc. Since we're all human and capable of mistakes, can we please be more forgiving of others?  Pointing out errors all the time becomes mildly annoying.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »

I don't think I crossed some invisible line in the sand by pointing out his argument was logically invalid.  I don't go around pointing out spelling errors, as your comment would suggest.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 11:02:35 PM »

again...

My point was we're all guilty of making false assumptions, tautologies, meretricious arguments etc. Since we're all human and capable of mistakes, can we please be more forgiving of others?  Pointing out errors all the time becomes mildly annoying.

No, Tweed is a machine running on the fuel of human batteries.  Should'nt have told him I know his secret.  Now they will extinguish me for know of....the Matrix!
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 11:34:36 PM »

I don't think I crossed some invisible line in the sand by pointing out his argument was logically invalid. I don't go around pointing out spelling errors, as your comment would suggest.
That's a false inference, my friend. Tongue

Are you a member of a high school speech and debate team Because you have a very sharp mind for arguments. I wouldn't want to joust with you in a parliamentary debate round!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2007, 11:39:13 PM »

I don't think I crossed some invisible line in the sand by pointing out his argument was logically invalid. I don't go around pointing out spelling errors, as your comment would suggest.

Are you a member of a high school speech and debate team Because you have a very sharp mind for arguments. I wouldn't want to joust with you in a parliamentary debate round!

no, I'm not.  I went to one or two meetings a year or two back but wasn't really into all the of the rules and regulations they set forth.  so I didn't do it.  I only enjoy 'debates' when they are all but unmoderated.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2007, 11:44:58 PM »

no, I'm not.  I went to one or two meetings a year or two back but wasn't really into all the of the rules and regulations they set forth.  so I didn't do it.  I only enjoy 'debates' when they are all but unmoderated.
Yeah, bad judges are the bane of every HS debater's existence. Listening to judges who only watch Fox News lecture my teammates and I about  the looming threat of "liberal judges and islamofascism" was never an enjoyable experience.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 12:20:40 AM »

Impossible to predict right now since the race appears to be tied.

My gut says Edwards.  Hillary 2nd, Obama 3rd.  College kids from Iowa or Illinois don't show up to these things.  Edwards has a better ground game than anyone else (including Hillary). 

Plus, his momentum is actually heading upward, unlike the other two (especially Obama, who's going down slowly in IA).

And he overperformed in Iowa in 2004 (as well as the Midwest in general).  I don't forget that easily.  He picked up a lot of support when Howard Dean collapsed.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 03:53:17 PM »

I have zero idea about predicting the Iowa result. Zero. In fact, I have no handle even on whether it will be tightly bunched or not as the polls suggest. One must make a distinction however between entrance poll results and delegate counts from each precinct. Edwards will do better in the latter, in part because he runs better in lightly attended rural precincts, and  because he is the second choice guy. So we may see a divergence in results between the two.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

Edwards.

That's a hunch, more than anything.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: