Region Redrawing Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:41:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Region Redrawing Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Region Redrawing Act  (Read 6883 times)
Niles Caulder

« on: August 07, 2004, 05:47:02 PM »
« edited: August 07, 2004, 05:48:05 PM by Niles Caulder »

I was under the impression that the current map was listed in the Constitution itself, possibly not any more but I am sure it was at one point (same with districts map).

Forgive me for intruding; the regional map in effect is as in post #1 of https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=5715
Presumably it's the one approved by the public to serve as a temporary one until the Senate convened, as specified in Ammendment IV Section 2.
Further in that thread is an explanation of why that temporary map is unconstitutional now that the Senate is an established body.  The Senate was given the authority and the obligation by the constitution to adopt a map as Secretary Fritz specified, which thus far it hasn't done.  The Senate and President passing such a map won't require a supermajority or popular approval.  This bill is to comply with that constitutional mandate, not ammend it.

I thank the Senate panel for its indulgence.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 09:50:54 PM »

Both the actual map and the "10-states rule" are in the Constitution.   I think if there are contradictions in the constitution, the Supreme Court has to settle it.  Or the Senate could resolve it via constitutional amendment.  But you can't just pass a regular bill to solve constitutional issues.

There is no contradicition in the Constitution; it provides for a publically approved map to serve Until the Senate convened, at which time they were burdened with the duty of making ten-state regions "officially."  A simple bill will suffice, just as the simple legislation satisfies the requirements of conducting the periodic Census in the US Constitution.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 09:45:10 PM »

[tinfoil hat]
THIS ACT IS JUST HERE TO TAKE ME OUT OF OFFICE!  THAT'S ITS ONLY REASON I SAY!  ALL THE OTHER REASONS ARE LIES!  LIES, I TELL YOU!  LIES!!!!!!
[/tinfoil hat]

LOL! Governor, of the 50% reduction in your constituency, whom did you lose besides a Southern reactionary opposition?  If anything, this legislation makes your safety of office almost boring.  Tongue
Niles Caulder

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 11:36:38 AM »

I urge the Senate to pass this bill ASAP.

It may be the case that this bill is ready to sign following Senator Hughento's abstention.  But I really believe the Senate and its existing members have an opportunity to make an authoritative statement with this legislation that will serve them as well as the institution of the Senate down the road, if they act quickly.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 08:18:30 AM »

Senators Boss Tweed, Nation, Michael Z, Deprepdan:

I sincerely implore your votes on this bill, and especially another 'yea' so that this legislation can be enacted without Presidential signature.  A delay will only cause further disruption and confusion to the elections, and you're all in position to prevent that.

Thank you.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 07:29:02 PM »

I'd just like to congratulate the Senate, the President, and many other who worked VERY hard on the formation and passage of this legislation--Though having turbulent effects today, it will ripple loudly in the annals of Constitutional Law for Atlas in the centuries to come.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies