Which Sitting Governor or Governors Would Make A Good President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:46:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Which Sitting Governor or Governors Would Make A Good President?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Which Sitting Governor or Governors Would Make A Good President?  (Read 3067 times)
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 01:46:45 AM »
« edited: January 06, 2008, 01:51:19 AM by auburntiger »

Brian Schweitzer, Brad Henry, Dave Freudanthal, Mark Sanford, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. 

I am also leaning towards including Alabama Gov. Bob Riley, but I don't know enough about him (beyond what I have read in Wiki, much of which is to my liking) to make an informed decision about him.  Does anyone from that state or from the Deep South provide more info on him regarding his governing style, and how his state has benefited (or not) from his leadership? 

I'm from Tennessee, but I've lived in Alabama for college for two years now. In 2002, Riley beat Don Siegleman in the narrowest of margins in Alabama history. He's been an okay governor...not outstanding. His style is similar to any mainstream conservative Republican, and given how blood red alabama is, he won re-election in a landslide. He accomplished lowering unemployment form 5.3% to 3.3%. The property tax hike was a big issue in 2006 though. I couldn't find the stats, but I remember his doing reasonably well among blacks, unlike Barbour. 

What does Riley bring to the ticket? Alabama? With him, the GOP will definitely win. Without him, the GOP will definitely win. He's the Republican version of Chris Dodd

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 02:35:17 AM »

I would say Richardson but I am going to go to someone who isnt running...

Arnold The Governator

The fact that he is moderate and would hopefully steer the Republicans in a new direction would make him a great president in my mind.

"I was elected to lead.  Not to read."
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies