Will Malcolm Turnbull ever become Prime Minister?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:05:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will Malcolm Turnbull ever become Prime Minister?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Will Malcolm Turnbull ever become Prime Minister?  (Read 963 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:24:08 AM »

I thought I'd continue the trend, this time with one closer to home Smiley.

Will Shadow Treasurer Malcolm Turnbull ever become Prime Minister of Australia. I think he can and he will as early as 2013. Let's face it the ALP will easily win a second term if Brendan Nelson is the Opposition Leader. Turnbull will challenge Nelson soon after the 2010 Election and will become Opposition Leader. He'll be more of a challenge to Rudd and could play havok with the Rudd Ministry. So I think yes. Malcolm Turnbull will become Prime Minister of Australia in the near future.

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 08:24:49 AM »

He's got a better chance than Nelson, anyway.

I'm going to go with no. The ALP know how to destroy an opposition from the outside, and the Libs will probably revert to old form and destroy themselves from within. Look for a handover to Gillard around 2015, and then maybe an ALP loss around 2019-2022. Which will probably be too late for Turnbull.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:15:17 AM »

BUMP

Considering that Malcolm Turnbull is now leader of the Liberal Party we might as well bump this thread of mine, created on December 31, 2007, when Xahar didn't rival anyone with his post count Smiley

Anyway, little did I ever think that Malcolm Turnbull would become leader of the Liberal Party prior to the 2010 General Election, nor the demise of Rudd's popularity as Prime Minister and Nelson's as Opposition Leader and that's quite evident with posts of mine and other Australians, particularly around the time of Rudd's first weeks in power.

Judging with Rudd's recent unpopularity amongst the Australian electorate, and tensions between the ACTU and the Rudd Government due to Work Choices (so much for destroying them for good!!) I believe that Malcolm Turnbull has a real chance at winning the 2010 Election. It all depends on how Rudd handles the recent economic crisis which is engulfing the entire planet. If Rudd buggers it up then Turnbull has a real shot, however if Rudd does not thinks to the use of his trusty spin doctors Turnbull does not. A bit vague I know, but you can blame my exhaustion for that.

So I ask my fellow Australians and forumites "Will Malcolm Turnbull ever become Prime Minister?" Discuss.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies