Action on illegal aliens goes too far
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:14:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Action on illegal aliens goes too far
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Action on illegal aliens goes too far  (Read 1192 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »

Here is an example of excessive action against illegal aliens from Earthtimes:

Mexico City, Dec 28 - Mexico's National Migration Institute (INM) has said it will introduce electronic registration for foreigners entering the country through the southern border to curb illegal immigration.

In a communique, the INM Thursday said Biochip implants would be used to control the entry of workers and visitors from Belize and Guatemala from March 2008, Spanish news agency EFE reported Friday.

The implant will replace the currently used local pass, which can be easily modified.

The biochip ID will allow total electronic registration of entries and departures, officials said.

The INM said a migration form for local visitors will be issued to residents of regions near the border with Guatemala, while the migration form for border workers will benefit workers in the area bordering Belize and Guatemala.

In 2006, Mexico nabbed 200,000 people trying to enter illegally through the southern border, according to INM figures.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 12:31:40 PM »

I agree 100%, that is way excessive.  No government should be instituting biochips for any reason....
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »

This sounds like the Book of Revelations. This is up there with special ID cards for non-whites.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 03:30:57 PM »

Wow, Americans would be bouncing off the walls if we tried that here.  It's obvious Mexicans are more evil than Bush.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »

I'm all for any nation attempting to curb illegal entry through it's borders.

However this goes several steps too far. 
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 04:20:20 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2007, 06:51:06 PM by ag »

Well, it goes a lot further. They will also kill the overstays, cook them and sell the meat to Taco Bell outlets in California and Texas - something the U.S. government would be helpless to prevent due to the evil NAFTA

If whoever wrote that article bothered to learn some Spanish he'd know that the chip is going to be implanted into a piece of plastic: they are going to issue new frequent border crossers card (credencial) w/ electronic chips instead of the current form that is relatively easy to fake. 

Actually, I guess, I should admire the quality of the news source: we all know that foreigners are evil and that they do all sorts of evil things, and that <chimps>, sorry, chips are evil and can only be used for mind control. Hence, if in a text in an unfamiliar language I read a combination of words "chip" "Mexican Migration Institute" and "Guatemala" I don't have to pay those dirty <chimps>, sorry, Mexicans, to translate, as I really already know what it says, anyway.

Some people really get their news from funny places.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 06:22:25 PM »

I tried to figure out where the news about implants is coming from. In Spanish the only stories of this nature are about ostensible proposals within the U.S. to do exactly that - nothing from Mexico, except for denunciations of U.S perfidy Smiley. In English all the stories seem to lead to some news site about India (of all places) called New Kerala, attributed to the Indo-Asian News Service (next time you need any news about Pakistan, make sure it comes from a Panamanian source).  They claim to refer to the news announcement by the INM, but the INM said nothing about any implants, only about the new ID card. So, most likely the ones to mistranslate were the Indians. Although, perhaps it wasn't a mere mistranslation. The news is dated December 28 - Mexico's equivalent of April Fool's day. I actually know of an Indian guy in Mexico who could have joked like this on some of his credulous compatriots (probably, it's not him, but there must be others). So, to all those seriously discussing this: "ˇInocente palomita!"
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 10:25:16 PM »

Bravo, ag Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies