Iowa County Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:11:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Iowa County Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iowa County Map  (Read 1620 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« on: January 04, 2008, 09:25:53 AM »
« edited: January 04, 2008, 09:31:58 AM by StateBoiler »

36% Reformed Church in America
29% Christian Reformed Church in North America
of the total population that is.
...taking the split between mainline Dutch Calvinists and extreme fundie Dutch Calvinists with them to the New World.

Last I checked, as a Calvinist myself of the Presbyterian variety, we're pretty mainstream.

Can someone with the time and desire put together a table of say Top 3 finishes in counties for the candidates? The map's great and all, but other than the one blue county, I can't make heads or tails of most of the map due to my colorblindness.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:09:51 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2008, 12:15:31 PM by StateBoiler »

36% Reformed Church in America
29% Christian Reformed Church in North America
of the total population that is.
...taking the split between mainline Dutch Calvinists and extreme fundie Dutch Calvinists with them to the New World.

Last I checked, as a Calvinist myself of the Presbyterian variety, we're pretty mainstream.

Can someone with the time and desire put together a table of say Top 3 finishes in counties for the candidates? The map's great and all, but other than the one blue county, I can't make heads or tails of most of the map due to my colorblindness.

The PC(USA) is a "mainstream" church, but PCA and OPC are standard conservative. PCA especially has been having impressive growth lately.

I'm a member of a PC(USA) church and my sister is a member of a PCA church, and as far as I can tell there is little difference. The only difference in structure I can tell is that PC(USA) allows female elders and PCA does not. Neither her nor I aimed to be in our respective branches of Presbyterianism, we just found a Presbyterian church where we moved to and they were affiliated as they were.

Also, PC(USA) is the one that is currently having its membership bickering over where gays are okay or not, a debate that will never come up in PCA. The northeastern and Pacific membership of PC(USA) have brought up the gay issue in national conference twice and twice it has been handily defeated by the rest of the country. I've not heard much of it lately but if they bring it up again, it's likely that the two sides will just split into separate churches, which is typical of how Presbyterian politics works.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies