The Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:26:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004  (Read 14376 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: August 08, 2004, 01:31:31 PM »

Wehn you say "held when you enter government buildings", do you mean they must be held and not concealed or that they should be allowed in government buildings.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 01:37:42 PM »

I ment that when you enter government buildings you will have to turn them over to security officals until you leave the buidling.

Ok, but surely the government should only hold jurisdiction in this region in government buildings, surely on private property it should be the owner's choice whether or not to let them in and only on government property should the government legislate. I thought that was what states was saying when he said the establishments should be able to ban firearms.

So, where does this law actually allow you to carry a concealed fire-arm?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 01:52:26 PM »

I think StatesRights is editing it but:

You can carry a gun anywhere you want unless the place bans the use of firearms. You can have one on the street or anywhere else. Not in government buildings and not in places that ban them.

Basically it's for protection on the streets and at night in public.

Ok, well, I will consider voting for this but I personally think this should be left up to the different regions to decide.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 02:05:14 PM »

I move to amend the Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004 by eliminating Section 3 of the bill.

Motion noted, debate shall continue for now and before voting on the whole act we will vote upon the amendment. (Voting will commence 1 week after debate began in accordance with the Senatorial Procedure Resolution.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 01:29:25 PM »

I move to amend the Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004 by eliminating Section 3 of the bill.

(sorry a day late)

We will now commence voting on the amendment proposed by Sen. Stevennick to remove Section Three of the bill proposed by Sen. StatesRights, all in favour say yea, all opposed say nay.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 01:56:14 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2004, 01:56:52 PM by Senator John F. Kennedy, PPT »

I vote yea, mainly because of a wording problem on it that means it has to be proven by the court rather than in the court that they were not acting in self defence.

(A crummy reason but hey)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 05:21:57 AM »

Why so surprised, you realise this is a vote on the amendment to the act right?

We have four votes for and two abstentions, one more for the motion and the amendment passes.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 05:12:12 AM »

With four votes in favour and three abstentions the amendment to the Atlasia Concealed Firearms Act of 2004 has passed.

Please now vote either yea or nay on the amended act.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 08:06:19 AM »

If you wish.

For the record, I vote nay.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 06:48:42 AM »

Because 5 Senators have voted against this bill, the most possible yeas in can get is 5.
so this bill FAILS

Hypothetically, couldn't the remaining five vote 'yea' and the VP break the tie?  I don't recall off the top of my head if that privilege belongs to the Atlas VP.

Oh, d'oh!  Shut up, Niles!!

Indeed you are correct Niles, if we have a five-five tie then the Vice President must cast the deciding vote so this is yet to fail.

Super, for the record if you wish, my reason for voting against this was that I don't see much of a point of it, on private property this law is not binding according to its author and it does not apply to government buildings. Also I think this should be a regional issue rather than a Federal issue. If this merely applied to Federal property it would have my support, but it doesn't, it in fact excludes it.

Anyway, I just thought I should justify my vote.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 03:38:18 PM »

Super, please log into AIM.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 05:00:26 PM »

Nope, we have five against to two in favour.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 02:25:03 PM »

Voting will end on Wednesday unless a motion to extend voting for a week is brought to me and supported by a further four Senators.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 03:06:48 PM »

Seconded.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2004, 04:39:34 PM »

I wish to go against the motion and ask for a vote on the motion.

Umm, the motion to extend voting time isn't voted upon, it comes into effect if it gains the support of four Senators excluding he who proposed it.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 05:14:19 AM »

Sorry I am overdue, as Wednesday has passed and a motion to extend voting has not gained the support of four Senators plus the Senator who proposed it I declare voting to be closed and the results of the vote to be five against to two in favour with three abstentions, the Atlasia Concealed Firearms Act of 2004 has been defeated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies