The Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:36:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004  (Read 14379 times)
Niles Caulder

« on: August 19, 2004, 10:01:35 PM »

Because 5 Senators have voted against this bill, the most possible yeas in can get is 5.
so this bill FAILS

Hypothetically, couldn't the remaining five vote 'yea' and the VP break the tie?  I don't recall off the top of my head if that privilege belongs to the Atlas VP.

Oh, d'oh!  Shut up, Niles!!
Niles Caulder

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 07:27:40 PM »

Real cirminals don't purchase firearms over the counter.  If I wanted to I could leave my appartment right now, head down five blocks and buy a gun for $50 from someone on the street.  That's how real criminals get their weapons.  They aren't going to try to get a concealed carry permit, they are just going to carry the damn thing.  

Are you really so foolish that you honestly believe that a criminal who would commit such a crime will obey the law and not carry a concealed firearm?

Would it not make more sense to grant citizens the right to conceal arms for their own personal protection?

And personally, Senator, I believe that you would be whistling a different tune it someone was stalking your sister or your daughter, or your wife.

Mr. Vice President, that is EXACTLY how criminals buy firearms.  Where did the street vendor buy his stock?--The new stuff is from the stores and from the states where enforcement is lax or non-existant.  As any system of owner registration creating any accountability is a joke, there's a business tier of middlemen "collectors" who buy legally and sell illegally without the first worry of getting caught.  They are not the violent offenders, but they are still "real criminals."

This is relevent to the issue to concealed firearms, in that passing this legislation without first plugging the leaks in accountability of gun owners does create exactly the situation opponants of this legislation state: an increase of guns into the population pool--on both sides of the law.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies