ABC/Facebook NH Republican and Democratic Debate Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:46:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  ABC/Facebook NH Republican and Democratic Debate Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
Author Topic: ABC/Facebook NH Republican and Democratic Debate Thread  (Read 31335 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: January 06, 2008, 01:24:56 AM »

I finally saw a bit of the Debate. I saw Barack Obama talk about Al Qaeda that's all I got.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #501 on: January 06, 2008, 01:27:15 AM »

I have to say that, especially on the Republican side, this debate was a trillion times better than all the past one's combined.  Even Paul seemed relevant.

I also should say that Huckabee impressed me.  I'm now only leading towards "no, I would not vote for him" instead of "Hell, no...."

The best part was the gang rape of Romney though.

I actually thought Ron Paul was a bit off his game today.  Much like Giuliani trying to connect everything to 9/11, Ron Paul should not try to connect everything to the War in Iraq or neo-cons.  It gets cumbersome after a while.

I think everyone loved the gang rape of Romney - I can't say I feel any different.  

Lest that challenge my objectivity in viewing these things (which I'm sure some might), Mitt is really the only one who gets it on health care (except for Hillary, but in a different way) and shines on that issue especially.
M

« Reply #502 on: January 06, 2008, 01:31:04 AM »

I have to say that, especially on the Republican side, this debate was a trillion times better than all the past one's combined.  Even Paul seemed relevant.

I also should say that Huckabee impressed me.  I'm now only leading towards "no, I would not vote for him" instead of "Hell, no...."

The best part was the gang rape of Romney though.

Yes! It's not every day you get to see a soulless bastard publicly humiliated on national television.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #503 on: January 06, 2008, 01:32:23 AM »

The only people that will leave the debate hating Mitt Romney are those that had already decided they hated him.

So, 70% of Republicans and 90% of everyone else.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #504 on: January 06, 2008, 01:36:36 AM »

The only people that will leave the debate hating Mitt Romney are those that had already decided they hated him.

I had no opinion of Romney whatsoever coming into the debate.  Leaving the debate, I now see why people dislike him.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #505 on: January 06, 2008, 01:49:10 AM »

Mitt Romney's responses to the endless personal assaults on him were as close to flawless as a politician can get.  He held his own and clearly portrayed his plans for his presidency.  He displayed well his positions without desperately grasping at typical knee-jerk attacks like those his rivals launched.  The only people that will leave the debate hating Mitt Romney are those that had already decided they hated him.  Romney clearly won the debate by honestly laying out his qualifications, plans, and positions unlike any of the other candidates.

Let me see if I can explain using an analogy:

Mitt Romney is the Richie Rich of the Republican primary.  He's perfect in every way.  He gets the good women.  He gets the high test scores.  Whenever, he does something bad, he always gets bailed out.  Nothing he does ever turns out wrong.

No one likes Richie Rich.  In their heart of hearts, every time he succeeds, it's a failure for them.  Most of them want to teach him a lesson, but they're afraid they'll get caught.

So, one day, in a dark alley somewhere, five kids meet Richie Rich.  He approaches them, "How are you all doing?  You know what, today I just got the letter that I got accepted Harvard.  What do you guys think of that?"  We all know what happens next.  We saw it tonight.

And the next day, when all the other kids in the school hear what happened to Richie Rich, they mutter under their breath or high-five with their friends, "I sure am glad that sonovabitch get what he deserved".

And there you have it.  We're all the school kids around the school yard.  You're Richie Rich's friend.  We're cool with you, but you need to understand why he got what was coming to him.  Smiley  Cheers.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #506 on: January 06, 2008, 01:59:04 AM »

I turned it off after Giuliani made a crack about Canada. How disgusting that they are declaring the US health care system as the best in the world, when it is about as good as Cuba's! It's a great political move. We're the best in the world, and the only country without universal health insurance, so more privatization is the answer! gah!
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #507 on: January 06, 2008, 02:00:57 AM »

I do.  I like Irona the robot maid more, though.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #508 on: January 06, 2008, 02:02:19 AM »

So it really boils down to the other candidates being envious of Romney's good fortune and do-no-wrong record that he largley brought upon himself.  There is a deep disdain for the fact that Romney hasn't made any huge mistakes and knows how to do the job he is running for.  They are all clearly threatened by Romney's being leaps and bounds ahead of them in terms of experience, charisma, and all around success.  It's a sad day when people let their worst qualities overwhelm their thoughts and not only assault one person, but in turn overwhelm that person by unfairly ganging up on him.  The other candidates are grasping for anything they can find wrong with Romney because they know if they all ran honest and strictly self-promoting campaigns, they would be slaughtered.

The standard response to that would be "Boo-fcuking-hoo", but I'm not the one to engage in such remarks.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #509 on: January 06, 2008, 02:05:46 AM »

I do.  I like Irona the robot maid more, though.

rofl
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #510 on: January 06, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »

Why do you think that is?  (Legitimate question, I value your objective opinion.)

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me every single time he opened his mouth he just had this tone of voice that sounded like "I'm better and smarter than you are and I know best."  Annoyed the hell out of me.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #511 on: January 06, 2008, 02:11:12 AM »

Mitt Romney's responses to the endless personal assaults on him were as close to flawless as a politician can get.  He held his own and clearly portrayed his plans for his presidency.  He displayed well his positions without desperately grasping at typical knee-jerk attacks like those his rivals launched.  The only people that will leave the debate hating Mitt Romney are those that had already decided they hated him.  Romney clearly won the debate by honestly laying out his qualifications, plans, and positions unlike any of the other candidates.

Mitt Romney is the Richie Rich of the Republican primary.  He's perfect in every way.  He gets the good women.  He gets the high test scores.  Whenever, he does something bad, he always gets bailed out.  Nothing he does ever turns out wrong.

No one likes Richie Rich.  In their heart of hearts, every time he succeeds, it's a failure for them.  Most of them want to teach him a lesson, but they're afraid they'll get caught.

So, one day, in a dark alley somewhere, five kids meet Richie Rich.  He approaches them, "How are you all doing?  You know what, today I just got the letter that I got accepted Harvard.  What do you guys think of that?"  We all know what happens next.  We saw it tonight.

And the next day, when all the other kids in the school hear what happened to Richie Rich, they mutter under their breath or high-five with their friends, "I sure am glad that sonovabitch get what he deserved".

And there you have it.  We're all the school kids around the school yard.  You're Richie Rich's friend.  We're cool with you, but you need to understand why he got what was coming to him.  Smiley  Cheers.

so what you're saying is mitt romney is like richie rich. richie rich was a terrible movie and thus mitt romney is a terrible candidate?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #512 on: January 06, 2008, 02:11:57 AM »

Why do you think that is?  (Legitimate question, I value your objective opinion.)

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me every single time he opened his mouth he just had this tone of voice that sounded like "I'm better and smarter than you are and I know best."  Annoyed the hell out of me.

Actually, he's been that way for the past 6 months.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #513 on: January 06, 2008, 02:12:50 AM »

so what you're saying is mitt romney is like richie rich. richie rich was a terrible movie and thus mitt romney is a terrible candidate?

lol.  I never saw the movie - I was referring to the old comic books - once again showing my age.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #514 on: January 06, 2008, 02:13:11 AM »

I was thinking the comic, not the movie.  I would like to see John Larroquette play Mitt Romney.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: January 06, 2008, 02:19:12 AM »

Actually, he's been that way for the past 6 months.

This is the first time I caught an exposure of him interacting with others.  I never really paid attention before.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #516 on: January 06, 2008, 04:09:55 AM »

I may be late/in the wrong place but I think the moment Hillary when loony with the healthcare and CHANGE bit when she was splitscreen with Edwards was priceless, he fully realizes 2nd place is possible for him now.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #517 on: January 06, 2008, 04:44:27 AM »

I would like to see John Larroquette play Mitt Romney.

lol
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #518 on: January 06, 2008, 06:03:42 AM »

An a rather odd twist, CNN will be rebroadcasting the debate tonight.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #519 on: January 06, 2008, 06:19:59 AM »

An a rather odd twist, CNN will be rebroadcasting the debate tonight.

Well, I don't mind something that makes Clinton look bad twice instead of once. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies