Obama v. McCain... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:48:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Obama v. McCain... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama v. McCain...  (Read 14060 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: January 19, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »

Weasel,

I hope you're right.  But I don't think so.  I think Missouri is lean or even likely Republican.  While voters through out Jim Talent, he was hardly a good Senator or a smart campaigner.  He looked horrible in the debates with McCaskill.  And didn't she come from a well-known Missouri family? 

Plus, I think some states tend to vote one way for Senators, Governors and Congressmen -- and another way entirely for President.  North Dakotans keep sending Dorgan, Conrad and Pomeroy back to D.C.  But they vote consistently for Republican Presidential candidates.  I am just not sure how a state votes for Gubernatorial or Senate candidates necessarily translates into the Presidential race.  But like I say, I sincerely hope I am wrong.  I am so hoping for the days when there are more reliably Democratic states and Missouri would definitely be one of the ones I want us to pick up.

As to Louisiana, I think Hurricane Katrina displaced a large number of the folk who might have made a Presidential race competetive there.  And even before Katrina, Louisiana was going for Reagans and Bushes and Doles. There's another North Dakota.  Until Breaux left office, it had 2 D Senators. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies