Congressman William Jefferson Clinton? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:13:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Congressman William Jefferson Clinton? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressman William Jefferson Clinton?  (Read 5906 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 23, 2010, 02:50:10 AM »

Would've been nice. We'd have votes to throw against him in 1992 as well as past affairs, White Water, and a wife named Hillary Clinton.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »

Would've been nice. We'd have votes to throw against him in 1992 as well as past affairs, White Water, and a wife named Hillary Clinton.

I'm not sure he would ahve ran and won the Democratic nomination in 1992 in this scenario.

staying away from congress is smart when running for president
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 11:22:53 PM »

I'm not sure he would ahve ran and won the Democratic nomination in 1992 in this scenario.

So you agree with my previous point?

Which previous point? He may have still won the 1992 nomination.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:23:43 PM »

Suppose further that John Kerry is elected to Congress in 1972, and George W. Bush is elected to Congress in 1978.

Kerry could still be elected Senator in 1984, and follow a similar career trajectory. Harder to say for the other two.

Bush would be very out of place as a legislator. He's the executive, charismatic, leader despite his decisions and popularity.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 07:44:33 PM »

So you agree with my previous point?

Which previous point? He may have still won the 1992 nomination.

My previos point is that he might not have ran in 1992 if he was a Congressman instead of a Governor.

Yes I agree. Tsongas or Kerrey would've been the nominee and Bush Sr. would've been reelected by a couple points.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 12:11:43 AM »

Clinton was such an astute politician he would have made it the presidency, Dubya not so much. Karl Rove made him, and lol Geez Derrick Bush was likeable probaly one of the most likeable people i  have ever seen run, but Jesus Christ he was not even remotely charasmatic.

what are you referring to exactly? That quote was random.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies