Alan Keyes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:08:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Alan Keyes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alan Keyes  (Read 2686 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:37:30 AM »

What is Alan Keyes up to this cycle? I heard he was running and that's about the last I heard. I've seen him in a few debates but he doesn't seem to register in the polls at all and never gets any media coverage, even less than other vanity candidates like Hunter, Gravel, and Kucinich. Has he even been doing any campaigning or fundraising?
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:24:36 AM »

He didn't appear to qualify for the ballot in Iowa, which I found interesting (he participated in the debates in Iowa...)
bkey
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: 2.96

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »

He never gets enough support to be on the ballots. At least he wasnt in Iowa or Wyoming.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 12:51:52 AM »

What is Alan Keyes up to this cycle? I heard he was running and that's about the last I heard. I've seen him in a few debates but he doesn't seem to register in the polls at all and never gets any media coverage, even less than other vanity candidates like Hunter, Gravel, and Kucinich. Has he even been doing any campaigning or fundraising?

I always figured that Alan Keyes was Ronald Reagan's inside personal joke when he made Keyes the US ambasador to the UN from 1981-1985...

Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 02:26:14 PM »

He appears to be on the ballot in NH, FL, AL, CA, CT, GA, IL, NY, OK, UT, MO, and AZ of the Feb. 5 and earlier primaries.

NH is the only place he'll be on the ballot in January.
uztam
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 12:54:11 PM »

I really dont know:I hear he has had only 1 campaign event and I havent seen him in 1 debate...
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 05:42:31 PM »

I hear he has had only 1 campaign event

yeah that's about what I figured. Which begs the question: why is he even bothering?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 06:47:22 PM »

I always figured that Alan Keyes was Ronald Reagan's inside personal joke when he made Keyes the US ambasador to the UN from 1981-1985...

Alan Keyes actually had a job? This is news to me.
Andrew
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 08:37:50 PM »

He never gets enough support to be on the ballots. At least he wasnt in Iowa or Wyoming.
There were no ballots in Iowa or Wyoming.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 11:13:55 PM »

yeah that's about what I figured. Which begs the question: why is he even bothering?

Because he's an exhibitionist.
CBR
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.35, S: 5.74

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 03:11:53 PM »

I think Allan Keyes really has been working on his presidential campaign. He is running because no other candidate seems to really put forward the same philosophy of government--that effective governing can only be fully acheived by a moral government. Regardless of whether he seems to have a realistic chance, you have to admire the man's persistence and constancy of message (even with hostile audiences). I think he has a deeper understanding of government philosophy than the other candidates and would do well as a vice-presidential candidate.
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 05:39:29 PM »

I think Allan Keyes really has been working on his presidential campaign. He is running because no other candidate seems to really put forward the same philosophy of government--that effective governing can only be fully acheived by a moral government. Regardless of whether he seems to have a realistic chance, you have to admire the man's persistence and constancy of message (even with hostile audiences). I think he has a deeper understanding of government philosophy than the other candidates

well it can't be denied that Alan Keyes is standing up for what he believes in...however misguided I may regard those beliefs, he has not waivered and is consistent.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

hahahahahaha!!!

Just like he did great as a Senate candidate in IL, right?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »

I think Allan Keyes really has been working on his presidential campaign. He is running because no other candidate seems to really put forward the same philosophy of government--that effective governing can only be fully acheived by a moral government. Regardless of whether he seems to have a realistic chance, you have to admire the man's persistence and constancy of message (even with hostile audiences). I think he has a deeper understanding of government philosophy than the other candidates and would do well as a vice-presidential candidate.

Thanks for the input, Alan.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies