Clinton versus Romney in the General
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:34:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Clinton versus Romney in the General
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton versus Romney in the General  (Read 434 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2008, 04:19:26 PM »
« edited: January 08, 2008, 04:34:06 PM by JSojourner »

Have we mapped this one?

Clinton/Strickland vs. Romney/Graham

The one I feel least sure of is Missouri...

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »

arkansas would go to hillary by a wide margin. the only guy that could beat her there would be huckabee.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »

arkansas would go to hillary by a wide margin. the only guy that could beat her there would be huckabee.

Yeah, I struggle with that.  I can never bring myself to paint Arkansas for any Democrat in an "all things being equal" race.  I tend to think of Arkansas like North Dakotans.  They like their Congressional delegation Democratic, but they vote Republican in Presidential races.

I know others have said Hillary is statistically popular in Arkansas, per the various polls.

Can anyone tell me why?  Because all we ever heard from Republicans, and some conservative Democrats, during the Clinton White House was how hated this guy was back home...

What did she (and he) do that made them so popular there...and helps to maintain their popularity today?  I am genuinely curious.

Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »

Yeah, I struggle with that.  I can never bring myself to paint Arkansas for any Democrat in an "all things being equal" race.  I tend to think of Arkansas like North Dakotans.  They like their Congressional delegation Democratic, but they vote Republican in Presidential races.

I know others have said Hillary is statistically popular in Arkansas, per the various polls.

Can anyone tell me why?  Because all we ever heard from Republicans, and some conservative Democrats, during the Clinton White House was how hated this guy was back home...

What did she (and he) do that made them so popular there...and helps to maintain their popularity today?  I am genuinely curious.

Simple: Clinton was never hated in Arkansas, and anyone saying otherwise is pulling both of your legs.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 05:06:58 PM »

Simple: Clinton was never hated in Arkansas, and anyone saying otherwise is pulling both of your legs.

It's funny, Verily.  I am sure you're right.  But it's one of those things that just gets repeated so much, people assume it's true. Josef Goebbels said, "Repetition is the linchpin of propaganda."  He was evil, but he was right on that count!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 05:22:41 PM »

Hillary has beaten any republican sans huckabee very handily in general election polls. she garners about 55% of the vote on average.
Angel of Death
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 05:35:18 PM »

Clinton versus Romney would seem to me to lead to the dirtiest campaign possible.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 05:53:14 PM »

Heh... I don't think we'll be seeing this general election after tonight.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies