Mike Huckabee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:10:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Mike Huckabee
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you think Mike Huckabee could be the next US president?
Yes, surely
Yes, maybe
No, surely
No, maybe
I don't know
I want to see the result without voting
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Mike Huckabee  (Read 5837 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 04:19:28 PM »

Huckabee would turn the Republican Natl. Convention into the Southern Baptist Convention.  Billy Graham would be proud.

Given Billy Graham's moderate positions on many issues, you might pick another Baptist.  Jerry Falwell is dead.  So maybe Richard Land?

who is Richard Land, for what is he known?

Possibly the best known Baptist in America not named Huckabee, from a decidedly conservative perspective.  At least, since the deaths of Jerry Falwell and Adrian Rogers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Land

I know wiki isn't the greatest but the bio is solid here.
Worldwar Wanderer
wwanderer
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »

Mike Huckabee is a sensible, straight-talking candidate. To me, he seems like a revival of the FDR-truman democratic party's candidate but with the added benefit of increased moral virtue. I think he should not just be the next president but both parties should become more like him ideologically, morally and in rhetoric. He would truly be a uniter and not a divider.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 09:43:29 PM »

Mike Huckabee is a sensible, straight-talking candidate. To me, he seems like a revival of the FDR-truman democratic party's candidate but with the added benefit of increased moral virtue. I think he should not just be the next president but both parties should become more like him ideologically, morally and in rhetoric. He would truly be a uniter and not a divider.

oh no, who let this joke account in here?
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 11:17:27 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2008, 12:03:55 PM by tsionebreicruoc »

oh no, who let this joke account in here?

I have an other question, still more interesting:

How many could let such an account?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »

Do you think Huckabee is done or do you thin he can still comes back, why not by "Super Tuesday".

To me he seems to be done and a come back would be a surprise.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 10:49:54 AM »

Do you think Huckabee is done or do you thin he can still comes back, why not by "Super Tuesday".

Well, he should pick up a few states on Super Duper Tuesday and maintain a contender.  However, it will be a tough sell with how little he has in the bank to pick up some of the larger states.  This places him in a position where he can either negotiate for a VP slot, or play the spoiler against Romney.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 10:57:06 AM »

Huckabee would turn the Republican Natl. Convention into the Southern Baptist Convention.  Billy Graham would be proud.

Given Billy Graham's moderate positions on many issues, you might pick another Baptist.  Jerry Falwell is dead.  So maybe Richard Land?

who is Richard Land, for what is he known?

Possibly the best known Baptist in America not named Huckabee, from a decidedly conservative perspective.  At least, since the deaths of Jerry Falwell and Adrian Rogers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Land

I know wiki isn't the greatest but the bio is solid here.

Adrian Rogers was my pastor for about 10 years or so. He was a great man
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 11:15:49 PM »

he should win a few states but he has basically no chance of winning the nomination. He has no money and he appeals to people who have no money. He'll win a few southern states, and if he stays in he'll likely win Texas, which votes in early March. He could be a major player if  there's a split convention (which I don't think there will be) but hes's out as a contender for  the nomination. Right now he's running to be John McCain's vice president.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 06:06:22 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2008, 08:01:01 PM by tsionebreicruoc »

he should win a few states but he has basically no chance of winning the nomination. He has no money and he appeals to people who have no money. He'll win a few southern states, and if he stays in he'll likely win Texas, which votes in early March. He could be a major player if  there's a split convention (which I don't think there will be) but hes's out as a contender for  the nomination. Right now he's running to be John McCain's vice president.

"Super Tuesday" is now done, and so seems to be Huckabee, more than before.

Neither Romney nor Mc Cain seem to be loved by conservatives, especially by christian conservatives, won't Huckabee be a must as a VP, no matter the nominee?

Wow! Do you imagine this reality! Someone like Huckabee and what he says as VP of the USA!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies