Swiftboat ad seen in Wisconsin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:44:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Swiftboat ad seen in Wisconsin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swiftboat ad seen in Wisconsin  (Read 2386 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2004, 12:36:58 PM »

I saw the infamous Swiftboat Ad here in Wisconsin on TV (Green Bay market) last night.

So it's still alive.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 02:25:49 PM »

Ya i saw it on a milwaukee station.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »

That ad is a crock of shyyte.  None of those guys "served" with Kerry.  They were on other swift boats that were hundreds of yards away from the incident if you read the affadavits filed regarding the medals.  The doctor did not, in fact, treat Kerry any where near that time.

freedomburns
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 12:20:17 AM »

Let's see here.

People who were inches away from Kerry the whole time say that he served valiantly, saved their lives, and absolutely deserved his medals.  People who didn't even know Kerry personally say that it's all a lie.

Gee, I wonder who I should believe.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 04:40:11 AM »

I just find it funny that Michael Moore can spew his garbage and you don't hear a single complaint, but these guys (decorated soldiers) make their claims and they are horrible awful people, and wait... off in the distance... here come the lawyers... RUN!!!!!!!!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 05:59:39 AM »

We didn't hear a single complaint about Michael Moore's movie?  There were lots of complaints.  Someone even made a counter movie called Michael Moore Hates America.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 02:32:47 PM »

We didn't hear a single complaint about Michael Moore's movie?  There were lots of complaints.  Someone even made a counter movie called Michael Moore Hates America.

The simple solution to solve the Michael Moore problem is to have him thrown in jail for sedition, then ban his movie.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 03:37:09 PM »

I say let it run. If it's all crap, it'll backfire.

One's campaign kicks people out of campaign speeches for not signing an oath and the other won't tolerate anyone with a different perspective on his command abilities speaking. Well, six of one resembles half a dozen of the other, I guess.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »

The simple solution to solve the Michael Moore problem is to have him thrown in jail for sedition, then ban his movie.

Are you being serious, or sarcastic/leading/merely tongue-in cheek?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 07:40:46 PM »

Are you being serious, or sarcastic/leading/merely tongue-in cheek?

Partially being sarcastic.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 08:57:48 PM »

isn't that exactly the type of stuff you keep accusing Lincoln of? You also say there was nothing wrong with the Abu Ghraib abuse, and then complain about the conditions of Union prison camps.
raggage

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 12:48:12 AM »

Good Idea. Can we have bush thrown in jail for lying to America as a pretext to go to war as well?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 08:31:44 AM »

Good Idea. Can we have bush thrown in jail for lying to America as a pretext to go to war as well?

I guess if he did lie yes. But since he didn't, no.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 07:10:04 PM »

I saw the infamous Swiftboat Ad here in Wisconsin on TV (Green Bay market) last night.

So it's still alive.

I remember the following story from a prominent trial lawyer, when serving a a guest speaker before a moot court class.

He was asked by a student to sum up his approach in handling a major case in a few words.

He replied to the effect that:

When his case was strong on the facts, he'd hammer away on the facts,

When his case was strong on the law, he'd hammer away on the law.

When a student had a follow-up question to the effect of what approach he would take if his case wasn't strong on the facts nor the law, he replied

Then he'd hammer away at the table, which he said meant he'd attack the opposing counsel's witnesses.

That seems to be the approach of both Kerry and the liberal media in this case.

Lets look at the facts about Kerry's stories about his Viet Nam experiences.

In testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations committee in 1971, Kerry alledged that American forces had engaged in widespread atrocities and that he himself had personally been involved in such atrocities.  He has subsequently backed off from that statement.

Latter, Kerry stated he had thrown his medals over the White House fence as a show of opposition to the Viet Nam war.  His story has repeatedly changed on this statement.

Further, as a Senator, Kerry alledged that he took a CIA 'man' to Cambodia on Christmas in 1968.  There is absolutely NO evidence to support this statement of Kerry's, and considerable information to refute this astatement.

As to the other matters of contention between Kerry and those former swift boat officers and crew who have disagreed with Kerry's allegations about his service while I Viet Nam, I confess to not knowing the truth.

However, I do know, based upon the three uncontroverted examples I provided, Kerry's statements about his Viet Nam service have serious credibility problems.

Ad hominem attacks will NOT resolve the matter.

Kerry (and his running mate) made Kerry's Viet Nam service the centerpoint of his campaign in their speeches to the DNC.

So, if Kerry repeatedly lied about his service in Viet Nam, and it wasn't as heroic as he has alledged (please note that the film shown of his service in Viet Nam was subsequently 'enhanced' with shots of bullets striking the water), they we have a candidate who not only isn't 'heroic,' but is a serial liar.

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 09:13:41 PM »

Just wanted to ad a link to my earlier post:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opinions/story/220785p-189814c.html
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 04:02:37 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2004, 04:06:15 AM by Vice-President Supersoulty »

No one on the Left.  Or in the media.  And no one was taken to court.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 08:53:03 AM »

Actually, Christopher Hitchens, thoroughly attacked Moore's celluloid of lies.  Hitchens is defninitely on the left, but has been known to be honorable, truthful and witty (on occasions).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 12:33:07 PM »

Hitchens is not a leftist, he has turned on us. Just like Horowitz and how David Brock and Arianna Huffington turned on you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies