Legalize public nudity?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:07:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Legalize public nudity?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Legalize public nudity?  (Read 37198 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2004, 11:22:13 PM »

Option 1.

Nudity should be legal in all public places. (Private property is up to the owner.)

Even if nudity is tasteless is some cases, this alone does not make the argument for illegality.

Besides, it would be good for society to become more accepting of the human body.

As far as children are concerned, exposure to the human body may actually be educational.

With regards to parental authority, given that nudity would likely not be present everywhere, parents can choose where to go with their kids. (Parents may also prefer to "protect" children from other things they may find offensive; yet there usually is no legal protection.)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2004, 11:23:14 PM »

Option 1.

Nudity should be legal in all public places. (Private property is up to the owner.)

Even if nudity is tasteless is some cases, this alone does not make the argument for illegality.

Besides, it would be good for society to become more accepting of the human body.

As far as children are concerned, exposure to the human body may actually be educational.

With regards to parental authority, given that nudity would likely not be present everywhere, parents can choose where to go with their kids. (Parents may also prefer to "protect" children from other things they may find offensive; yet there usually is no legal protection.)

Oh God....
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2004, 11:27:48 PM »

I don't have any moral objections to it but i wouldn't want to be grossed out either.

Exactly...I wouldn't want to be grossed out either, and would prefer for people to act in good taste, but don't see a legal argument against public nudity.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2004, 01:56:27 AM »

Option 3
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2004, 06:23:36 AM »

Legalise it in designated areas, eg. beaches, but don't allow nudity everywhere. I wouldn't like to see someone's privates dangling in front of me on the train to work.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2004, 10:13:43 AM »

Legalise it in designated areas, eg. beaches, but don't allow nudity everywhere. I wouldn't like to see someone's privates dangling in front of me on the train to work.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAAHHAHA
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2004, 12:09:41 PM »

LOL.... now here's an issue that needs to be confronted. I voted that nudism shall be completely legal. That's how we are intended to live anyways!

I agree that most nudists have disgusting bodies, but I think that as long as they're happy with being naked it's ok.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2004, 12:10:51 PM »

You wouldn't?!?!?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2004, 12:12:36 PM »

LOL.... now here's an issue that needs to be confronted. I voted that nudism shall be completely legal. That's how we are intended to live anyways!

I agree that most nudists have disgusting bodies, but I think that as long as they're happy with being naked it's ok.

I can see it now.. you getting on the bus to go to work and ths BIG HUGH FAT HAIRY guy gets on the bus who is a nudists.. and there is no sits left so you has to stand right in front of you with his hairy butt crack in you face! LMBF
badnarikin04

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2004, 12:12:47 PM »

You wouldn't?!?!?

I wouldn't. But what someone does with their own body is nobody's business except their own.
NHPolitico

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2004, 03:01:00 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2004, 03:01:23 PM by NHPolitico »

Yes, but only for Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba and Katie Holmes.
bejkuy

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2004, 03:01:05 PM »

None of the above.

Current laws are sufficient.

Note- While I was in Southern California last summer, I "noticed" several topless (women) sun-bathers on public beaches.  Clothing was mandated, but the authorities "looked the other way."
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2004, 04:32:28 PM »

Yes, but only for Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba and Katie Holmes.

You forgot about Beyonce Knowles, Jessica Biel, and Jennifer Garner.

Also, the US Olympic Women's Swim Team should be required to compete nude. Smiley
NHPolitico

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2004, 05:45:32 PM »

Also, the US Olympic Women's Swim Team should be required to compete nude. Smiley

Biel is okay, but has an odd look to me. Garner is too flat-chested. I agree with the rest.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2004, 08:12:59 PM »

You have the right to bare your butt if that's what you want to do, but please respect the rights of others not to have to see it. Keep it on posted beaches or private beaches.
I was on a beach in Cancun where some of the women went topless, not full nudity, just topless. A few of the women were attractive but most were members of the geezer set. Whoa! I may never have sex again!
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2004, 08:59:27 PM »

You wouldn't?!?!?

I wouldn't. But what someone does with their own body is nobody's business except their own.

Exactly. I don't approve of nudity in a lot of cases, but I feel that restrictions on personal behavior should be minimal.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2004, 09:51:57 PM »

Biel is okay, but has an odd look to me. Garner is too flat-chested. I agree with the rest.

I should also say to the forum women: you are entirely entitled to advocate nudity for Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, and George Clooney.
gumbiegirl007
Rookie

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2004, 04:24:24 PM »

There is nothing wrong with nudity, but people who don't care to be exposed to it shouldn't have to be.  so go for it, just give people a heads up  
badnarikin04

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2004, 06:18:04 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2004, 06:19:31 PM by badnarikin04 »

You forgot Ki-Toy Johnson, that chick in the Outkast video.

Hoo-wee!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2004, 06:28:37 PM »

It's kind of impossible not to go against someone on this issue.  On one hand, yes, if a person wants to be nude, I see no inherent reason why they shouldn't be allowed to.  On the other hand, I've seen a lot of people who, er, are not cut out to be models, and I personally would really rather leave it up to my imagination.

For the record, I voted that it should be legalized.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2004, 11:28:44 PM »

I guess I'll post my opinion, and it will surprise some of you, with me being a Bible-believing Christian and all:

I think there's nothing at all indecent or gross or lewd about the human body.  I think God created us in His image, and to say that our bodies are indecent is to say that God is indecent.  I think that, if we can learn to accept one another for who they are, without covering or pretention, the world will be a better place.  Strip away clothes, and you strip away all social and class divisions between people.  We are are really the same underneath it all.  I also think that if nudity became acceptable and normal, we wouldn't be sexually objectifying the human body, like we do now.  We wouldn't be so sex-obsessed, like we are now.

I do, however, think that sex is something that belongs behind clothes doors, and really should be a sacred thing shared by a husband and wife in private.  I am completely against any lewd or sexual behavior in public.  I think that it is perfectly healthy for children to see naked bodies in a non-sexual context, but it is criminal child abuse to expose them to sex before they are sexually mature and able to consent.

So I voted option 2.  It's probably the most radical thing I believe, but so be it.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2004, 08:36:32 AM »

Not in public.

On private property the owner can decide.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2005, 11:27:26 AM »

Utter idiocy
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2005, 11:44:34 AM »

I still stand by what I said.

Women can apply for a "nudity license" and if they're good looking enough they can do so. Everyone else has to keep their clothes on.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2005, 01:34:34 PM »

Other's state of attire is not my business.  Nudity is fine.  Though my favorite is extremely skimpy outfits.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies