Legalize public nudity? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:38:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Legalize public nudity? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legalize public nudity?  (Read 37104 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: August 09, 2004, 03:29:20 PM »

A good question to see where people fall on the moralistic spectrum.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 03:38:57 PM »

It's messed up we are all disgusted by the human body in the first place.  Yea, legalize, but put some signs up.  

And I offer a challenge to anyone to convince be being naked is somehow ammoral.  

I think you mean "immoral."  Amoral would mean that it is neither right nor wrong.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 03:54:18 PM »

I like nudity, but I voted for "No, except on private property."  

My biggest concern would be with minors -- how to explain to the young ones what's going on

Little kid: "What's that, mommy?"
Mommy: "That's a (name of body part).  (You/Your brother/sister) have one too."

Not really a problem.  Kid grows up with a healthy outlook on the human body, unlike what we have today.

, and how to control the older ones (teens), who you know are going to act up around any public places where it's posted (another option).

Again, just my $.02 worth  :-)

This isn't really a problem within the nudist community.  A common thing you will see at nude beaches is familes bringing their kids.  No trouble whatsoever.  Actually, the teens rebel from their nudist parents by insisting on wearing clothes, and refusing to go to any nudist activities with their parents. Smiley
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 04:07:16 PM »

Beef,
I'll vouch for that.  Lots of families there and it didn't seem to be a problem.  I agree that there are worse things for your kids to see than a triangular patch of hair.  But you kid yourself if you think that single young mothers outnumber flaccid old geeks at those nudie beaches.  Ewww.  Some old guy in Negril, Jamaica, on a naturist beach came over one day, hands me a beer and starts checking out my package and commenting on it and such.  Now, I'm no homophobe, and certainly don't advocate clothing for the attractive, but that was just downright creepy for me.  I was too damned stoned to realize it at the moment, but in days later I found that I was disgusted by the whole episode.

I agree that most people who go naked have no business whatsoever doing so, but does that mean it should be illegal?  Most men who go shirtless look like hairy pregnant women.  Not very pleasant to look at, but do you think it should be illegal for them to go that way in public?

As a college student in Madison - the San Francisco of the Midwest - I've been hit on by so many dudes, it no longer bothers me in the least.  Although, had it been some old guy, I admit it would be a bit disturbing.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 09:24:14 PM »

Who?  Me, for asking the question?
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 09:32:56 PM »

I believe that it should be legal for only attractive females.

Attractive to whom?  Do you propose a Federal Board of Female Attractiveness?  Or maybe a reality TV show...
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 04:32:28 PM »

Yes, but only for Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba and Katie Holmes.

You forgot about Beyonce Knowles, Jessica Biel, and Jennifer Garner.

Also, the US Olympic Women's Swim Team should be required to compete nude. Smiley
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 09:51:57 PM »

You forgot about Beyonce Knowles, Jessica Biel, and Jennifer Garner.

Also, the US Olympic Women's Swim Team should be required to compete nude. Smiley

Biel is okay, but has an odd look to me. Garner is too flat-chested. I agree with the rest.

I should also say to the forum women: you are entirely entitled to advocate nudity for Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, and George Clooney.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 11:28:44 PM »

I guess I'll post my opinion, and it will surprise some of you, with me being a Bible-believing Christian and all:

I think there's nothing at all indecent or gross or lewd about the human body.  I think God created us in His image, and to say that our bodies are indecent is to say that God is indecent.  I think that, if we can learn to accept one another for who they are, without covering or pretention, the world will be a better place.  Strip away clothes, and you strip away all social and class divisions between people.  We are are really the same underneath it all.  I also think that if nudity became acceptable and normal, we wouldn't be sexually objectifying the human body, like we do now.  We wouldn't be so sex-obsessed, like we are now.

I do, however, think that sex is something that belongs behind clothes doors, and really should be a sacred thing shared by a husband and wife in private.  I am completely against any lewd or sexual behavior in public.  I think that it is perfectly healthy for children to see naked bodies in a non-sexual context, but it is criminal child abuse to expose them to sex before they are sexually mature and able to consent.

So I voted option 2.  It's probably the most radical thing I believe, but so be it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies