You know what's sad?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:33:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  You know what's sad?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You know what's sad?  (Read 799 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »

You know what's sad? The democrats say the electorate is overwhelmingly in their favor...but if the election between Hillary and McCain were held tomorrow...McCain would win decently. If anything NOW should be the time where he is losing in general election polls.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »

hillary will beat mccain.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 03:43:33 PM »

Yes, it is sad that many Democrats don't realize that McCain plans to stay in Iraq for the rest of the 21st century, and would rather have celebrate his birthday with George Bush then do a damn thing about Hurricane Katrina.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 12:30:59 AM »

I love how fast this got buried when it is a very valid point. If the election were held tomorrow, there would likely be a Republican victory. That means the Democrats have to try and close the gap this fall. Wouldn't you think...if the mood is so pro-Democrat...that the Republicans would be the ones having to close the gap?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 12:34:19 AM »

I love how fast this got buried when it is a very valid point. If the election were held tomorrow, there would likely be a Republican victory. That means the Democrats have to try and close the gap this fall. Wouldn't you think...if the mood is so pro-Democrat...that the Republicans would be the ones having to close the gap?

Keep in mind that everyone already has an opinion on Clinton and the chances of her negatives going much higher is somewhat low[ if she is perceived as continuing to attack Obama though, she might depress the base.] McCain is well known but I don’t think most Americans know as much about him as they do Clinton. When they hear how supportive he is of the war, his negatives will start to tick up. I still think he’ll win though, against Clinton.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 12:56:46 AM »

McCain has more than a fighting chance at beating the Democrats this November, indeed. I think this realization is what is fueling his comeback among Republicans.

However, unless the Democratic candidate takes the "high road" (in the manner of Kerry for instance), there is plenty with which to attack him that will turn off conservative-leaning independents and hardcore GOP loyalists. The former GOP front-runners themselves did a good job of this.

But the loyalists would also rather settle on McCain in order to win than have any Democrat take back the White House. This is a good strategy for winning elections, but they may sacrifice their principles. So much Republican identity is tied into hatred of Democrats and vice versa. It's pathetic.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 01:00:33 AM »

Last poll I saw Clinton was beating McCain by two points. So, if the best he can do now is a two-point deficit while the media is swooning over him and attacking Clinton, I can't wait until they turn on him again, like they did this summer.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 01:07:18 AM »

Last poll I saw Clinton was beating McCain by two points. So, if the best he can do now is a two-point deficit while the media is swooning over him and attacking Clinton, I can't wait until they turn on him again, like they did this summer.

Well, you kinda have to take that in conjunction with the Rasmussen poll, taken over the same set of two days, which put McCain ahead of Clinton by 11%.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 01:09:35 AM »

No Mike, you made an observation that was countered. There's evidence both ways.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 01:11:58 AM »

McCain has more than a fighting chance at beating the Democrats this November, indeed. I think this realization is what is fueling his comeback among Republicans.

However, unless the Democratic candidate takes the "high road" (in the manner of Kerry for instance), there is plenty with which to attack him that will turn off conservative-leaning independents and hardcore GOP loyalists. The former GOP front-runners themselves did a good job of this.

But the loyalists would also rather settle on McCain in order to win than have any Democrat take back the White House. This is a good strategy for winning elections, but they may sacrifice their principles. So much Republican identity is tied into hatred of Democrats and vice versa. It's pathetic.

Hopefully a Clinton nominee wouldn't be easier on her drinking buddy than Obama.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies