FL (R), Rasmussen: Romney leads by 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  FL (R), Rasmussen: Romney leads by 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL (R), Rasmussen: Romney leads by 5  (Read 1986 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:59:20 AM »
« edited: January 21, 2008, 07:52:05 PM by Verily »

Romney: 25
McCain: 20
Giuliani: 19
Huckabee: 13
Thompson: 12

Link

If someone could enter this into the Atlas, I'd be grateful.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 12:05:01 PM »

taken post-SC....  cmon Mitty babe
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »

Florida is hard to poll...I really don't buy Romney gaining after SC. He could win it but it would be due to his money closer to the actual election.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 12:07:11 PM »

Giuliani ought to worry about these numbers. The state is practically do-or-die for him.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »

If moderates are torn between McCain and Giuliani, then it is not inconceivable that Romney won't pull it off

Remember Florida has a closed primary. No Independents here for McCain to rely on

Dave
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 12:54:31 PM »

Giuliani ought to worry about these numbers. The state is practically do-or-die for him.

I think he knows this as much as any of us do. He practically said he had to win there last week. I don't buy Romney winning after finishing 4th in SC, and since a large group in FL has voted early, no telling if Giuliani did well in that group.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 12:55:40 PM »

Mason-Dixon is the God of Florida Polling (tm), right?

Hopefully they do a poll here soon.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »

I think he knows this as much as any of us do. He practically said he had to win there last week. I don't buy Romney winning after finishing 4th in SC, and since a large group in FL has voted early, no telling if Giuliani did well in that group.

Given the effort Giuliani has put into FL, I'd be surprised if he wasn't ahead among early voters

Dave
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »

As I've said before, you shouldn't underestimate Romney in these big states where no one else can keep up with him in TV advertising (as also seen in MI).  But I still question whether even Romney has the resources to pull that off on a mass scale on Feb. 5th.  I think even he'll be stretched thin.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 01:02:32 PM »

IT could be concievable that McCain comes in 3rd here, behind Guiliani AND Romney. If that happens, this is a truly muddled race.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »

IT could be concievable that McCain comes in 3rd here, behind Guiliani AND Romney. If that happens, this is a truly muddled race.

It would still come down to Romney and McCain if Rudy were to finish third. He must post a W in order to stay in the race.

Given the effort Giuliani has put into FL, I'd be surprised if he wasn't ahead among early voters

Dave

Well I think that's what his campaign is banking on. If they aren't ahead right now, it is time he just hung it up. Hopefully now he'll get a lot of press coverage since he hasn't in the first five states.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »

Rudy may still win and McCain may get a bronze...that would cause problems.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 01:28:36 PM »

And it isn't inconceivable to think, considering the fluidity of McCain's supporters, that a loss in Florida could be a real killer to the McSurge we've seen. Many of McCain's supporters are supporting him because of their hatred of Romney and Huckabee, as I know I would in the earlier states to knock off Huckabee/Romney. If Giuliani can win Florida and prove he is still a viable candidate, and his strategy is working as planned, then McCain could lose a lot of support. McCain is hated much more by the base than Giuliani is. I know many who would refuse to vote for McCain. I'm sure Rudy would have the same, but McCain has always had people among the base that have opposed him.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »

MITT MITT MITT MITT MITT
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 02:49:43 PM »

Holy f**k I hope this is true.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »

Mason-Dixon is the God of Florida Polling (tm), right?

No. They are the Man of Florida Polling (tm). All other pollsters are the Hobgoblins on Florida Polling (tm).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »

And it isn't inconceivable to think, considering the fluidity of McCain's supporters, that a loss in Florida could be a real killer to the McSurge we've seen. Many of McCain's supporters are supporting him because of their hatred of Romney and Huckabee, as I know I would in the earlier states to knock off Huckabee/Romney. If Giuliani can win Florida and prove he is still a viable candidate, and his strategy is working as planned, then McCain could lose a lot of support. McCain is hated much more by the base than Giuliani is. I know many who would refuse to vote for McCain. I'm sure Rudy would have the same, but McCain has always had people among the base that have opposed him.

Exactly. Can McCain become the apparent nominee or will the contest be deffered to Super Tuesday...what will happen if there is no deciviveness in Super Tuesday?
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 07:16:16 PM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 04:51:25 AM »

The thing is, I don't really see Guliani winning. Romney could win, but I doubt Guliani will. In that case Guliani is really bust, even if he beats McCain (which I doubt he will).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 10:07:22 AM »

Willy
Golden Arches
Guily?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 12:26:01 PM »

Exactly. Can McCain become the apparent nominee or will the contest be deffered to Super Tuesday...what will happen if there is no deciviveness in Super Tuesday?

If McCain wins Florida, he wins.  Period.

Romney is still polling at a miserable 15% or so nationwide, and Super Tuesday is the day those national polls will actually matter.  I mean, sure, he can maybe win in places like Utah and (maybe) Massachusetts, but if McCain's going to win California, New Jersey, and New York.  Huckabee might win some southern states, but that's all the better for McCain—it keeps Romney from scoring wins there, and Huckabee isn't going to be able to unmarginalize himself by winning a handful of southern states.

Republicans should have these kind of primaries more often.  McCain is essentially walking the path I assumed Rudy Giuliani would have walked about six or nine months ago, and it's all because the crazy right are preoccupied with lesser candidates.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 12:57:44 PM »

Mitt Romney: America's Choice.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 01:19:39 PM »

If McCain wins Florida, he wins.  Period.

Romney is still polling at a miserable 15% or so nationwide, and Super Tuesday is the day those national polls will actually matter.  I mean, sure, he can maybe win in places like Utah and (maybe) Massachusetts, but if McCain's going to win California, New Jersey, and New York.  Huckabee might win some southern states, but that's all the better for McCain—it keeps Romney from scoring wins there, and Huckabee isn't going to be able to unmarginalize himself by winning a handful of southern states.

Republicans should have these kind of primaries more often.  McCain is essentially walking the path I assumed Rudy Giuliani would have walked about six or nine months ago, and it's all because the crazy right are preoccupied with lesser candidates.

I agree with Mr. Moderate. Huckabee is out of this and Romney and Guliani are both fighting for their lives now in Florida. If McCain wins there he will be the nominee. It's possible that Romney will stay in beyond Super Tuesday even if he's without a chance though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies