Warner for Senate '08 vs. ReaganRepublican Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:15:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Warner for Senate '08 vs. ReaganRepublican Debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Warner for Senate '08 vs. ReaganRepublican Debate  (Read 7547 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 10:10:21 PM »

Another question:

In what way did de-Stalinization affect the stability of the USSR?

I would say it had a negative effect, due to the fact that it threw into conflict everything that the population had been taught for 25 years; namely, that Stalin was perfect.  After that, people were more likely to question the government.

Thank you. Now answer these:

What factors contributed most to the fall of the Soviet Union?

What was the net effect of Stalinism?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 10:10:55 PM »

1) Do you believe that Gerry Adams, President of Sinn Féin is a Horrible Person or a Freedom Fighter. Explain your reasonings and don't dodge this question please.

2) Why are you a Democrat and why are you a Republican?

3) What is your views on Affirmative Action?

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 10:13:29 PM »

1.  The factors that most contributed to the fall of the USSR were a growing resentment amongst the populace, a general weakening of the central government, and the strong efforts of leaders such as Margaret Thatcher, Pope John Paul II, and others.

2.  The net effect of Stalinism was to create a state in which the population was brainwashed into thinking that their leader was perfect, and that the country was in much better shape than it actually was.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 01:04:12 AM »

Ben and Gporter may you answer the following questions? Thank You.

1) Do you believe that Gerry Adams, President of Sinn Féin is a Horrible Person or a Freedom Fighter. Explain your reasonings and don't dodge this question please.

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 01:25:37 AM »

Since gporter's campaign ended before he could respond to my question, what is your opinion of the work of urban planner Albert DeSalvo?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 08:08:22 AM »

1) Explain why Alsace and Bretagne voted in favour of the EU constitution in 2005 and relate that to the strength of the MRP in those regions.

2) What is the common name used to refer to the area around Paris that elects/elected PCF deputies?

3) Is Georges Marchais funny?

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »

Ben and Gporter may you answer the following questions? Thank You.

1)  Although I do not lean one way or another, I would call Mr. Adams a Freedom Fighter, based on his desire for a United Ireland, as well as his party's humanitarian goals.

2)  I am a Democrat because I believe that we are the party of the poor, the weak, and everyone else in life who needs someone to protect them.

3)  My view on Affirmative Action is that while it can be helpful for minorities, there should not exist a quota system.  I also feel that Affirmative Action should be phased out by Universities, especially specialty schools where there is a limited number of spots.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »

1) Explain why Alsace and Bretagne voted in favour of the EU constitution in 2005 and relate that to the strength of the MRP in those regions.

2) What is the common name used to refer to the area around Paris that elects/elected PCF deputies?

3) Is Georges Marchais funny?

Add to that...

4) Is Georges Marchais the cause of the world's problems today?
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »

Answer each question with a thoughtful paragraph.

War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 08:50:51 PM »

Do you support Nicaraguan Contra that occured while Reagan was in office?
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »

Answer each question with a thoughtful paragraph.

My friends. First thank you for posting your questions. I am sorry that I have not been here lately, I have been busy.

On the fall of the soviet union. I have been criticized because people thought that I indicated that Reagan ended the Cold War himself. This is not true, and I do not fully understand why many of you believe that this is what I said.

Let me say and mark my words, Reagan did not end the cold war alone. But, he was a big part of it. All of the Presidents from Truman through George Bush sr. helped to end the Cold War.

But, Reagan was the only President, not including George Bush sr, who could succfessfully negoiate with the soviet leader. Only one meeting between Gorbachev and Reagan went wrong. In 1986, in Iceland, when Gorbachev broke the SDI or "Star Wars,". However, they were still able to come together after that. Reagan was the one to tell Gorbachev, "tear down this wall." Kennedy, a democrat, endorsed the idea of it going up. He endorsed the idea of separating the people of Berlin, One on one side of the wall, one on the other.

Which would you like more, Reagan, a man who wanted the wall torn down to end a great evil, The Cold War, or Kennedy, who endorsed the idea of dividing the people by having a wall separating the one group of people from the other. Kennedy chose to continue the great evil, when he could have made it come to an end. Reagan chose the better side and let a great evil come to an end.

Which party would you rather have leading the people of America, one who purposely chooses to divide the people and continue a great evil, Kennedy, or a party who brings the people together and wants everyone to be equal and works to end a great evil, Reagan. If you are thinking straight, then I know that you would chose the latter.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »

Would both of you describe an instance of any presidents beside Reagan or Bush Sr. using communications to deal with a Soviet Threat.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »

Gporter,

Why do you like Ronald Reagan? Do you know that he did the following during his Presidency?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Secondly who would you have supported in the 1972 Presidential Election? Nixon or McGovern?

Now a question both Gporter and Ben. If you were Governor-General Sir John Kerr on November 11, 1975 would you have dismissed Gough Whitlam's Labor Government? Explain your decision in a paragraph. Not to mention, hadn't Whitlam have been dismissed what consequences do you believe this would have had on Australia?

Also explain to me why you believe that Kevin Michael Rudd is a freedom fighter.

I will only be answering Rocky's question in this post.

You point out all of the wrong that Reagan did. Do not all presidents do something wrong. I bet you would not pick out the bad about Franklin Roosevelt, or Bill Clinton, or John F. Kennedy, and others.

Reagan worked a great deal to end the Cold War, he gave the economy a big comeback, and he worked well in foreign affairs for the most part. The downside to that is the Iran Contra Affair. Which, in my opinion, was not really his fault. It was his staff who got the administration involved in it, not Reagan himself. Reagan should not be blamed for all that went on during the Iran Contra Scandal, yes he can be blamed for some of it, but not all of it. As many of you have often blamed him for all of it.

To answer Rocky's question specifically, yes I know what went wrong in his presidency, I have read dozens of books on every President. I understand all that went both right and wrong in each presidency. Everyoen has there problems. I do not want to minchen names and I will not, but some ideas for knowing what others have done wrong,

"failure to pass promised health care for all americans." (Bill Clinton)
"having sex in the white house and lying about it on national telivision."(Bill Clinton)
"knowing about the nazi camps, but doing nothing about it." (Franklin Roosevelt)
"lying about a break in to the american people." (Richard Nixon)

I am sorry, I did minchen names, but oh well. But, you get my point. Every President has had its good times and its bad. No one was perfect.

Reagan was not perfect. But, what he did shaped America and the world for the coming years.

On the question about the 1972 election, I would not have had voted.

Nixon is the only republican president who I would not vote for.

McGovern does not float my boat. Though some democrats, such as Hubert Humphrey and Lyndon Johnson, do go over well with me.

I hope that this has answered the question.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34:46 PM »

Would both of you describe an instance of any presidents beside Reagan or Bush Sr. using communications to deal with a Soviet Threat.

John Kennedy negoiated with the soviet leader at that time in the Cuban Missel Crisis.

Though, had Kennedy had stronger leadership, he would not have had to negoiate with the leader and risk a nuclear war.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 09:39:31 PM »

President Kennedy negotiated with Kruschev to end the Cuban Missile Crisis; while I'm sure there are others, that is the only one I can think of at the moment.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 09:44:26 PM »

Interesting, he was the only one since Eisenhower I would have voted for.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 09:46:10 PM »

Well, you are a democrat. I am a republican. That explains something.

Maybe you would have voted for Nixon, because he was harsh and mean and full of unkind words for others like you.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 09:54:51 PM »

Maybe you would have voted for Nixon, because he was harsh and mean and full of unkind words for others like you.

Mean guys are usually the ones who get things done in the White House and get them done right(Nixon, Clinton)
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 09:57:27 PM »

Mean guys are usually the ones who get things done in the White House and get them done right(Nixon, Clinton)

Others have gotten things done.

Reagan-improving the economy from the Carter years.
Johnson-using the War on Poverty and cutting poverty by half.
Eisenhower-prposing the federal highway act and getting it passed.

There are others.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2008, 10:00:20 PM »

There are others.

Lyndon Johnson was a mean son of a bitch-- you would know that if you had read any books about him.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2008, 10:02:44 PM »

There are others.

Lyndon Johnson was a mean son of a bitch-- you would know that if you had read any books about him.

You are too young, in my opinion, and I am sure in your parent's opinion if they heard you say that, to be using that language.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »

There are others.

You are too young, in my opinion, and I am sure in your parent's opinion if they heard you say that, to be using that language.

I'll thank you to not worry about my language, Mr. Porter Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2008, 10:07:36 PM »

There are others.

I'll thank you to not worry about my language, Mr. Porter Tongue

Oh, I am going to worry about it and comment about it. Rather you like it or not.

I'm pretty sure the expression is "whether you like it or not"
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2008, 01:12:23 AM »

Well this is an interesting "debate" don't you folks all agree?

I have some more questions on the way, but before I ask them I'd like Mr. Porter to answer my questions on Gerry Adams, why you are a Republican, your views on Affirmative Action and my questions about Gough Whitlam and Kevin Rudd. If you could do that I would be very thankful.

Now my questions to both Mr. Constine and Mr. Porter:

1) Do you believe that the United States supports Israel is so they can have a "51st State" in the Middle East?

2) What is your opinion of one another?

3) What is your opinion of the Religious Right? Do you believe they have too much influence in American Politics in this day and age or do they have too little?

Thanks.

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2008, 01:26:41 AM »

M-E-N-T-I-O-N

NOT

M-I-N-C-H-E-N
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to: