Who would Jesus have voted for in the presidential elections? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:24:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Who would Jesus have voted for in the presidential elections? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would Jesus have voted for in the presidential elections?  (Read 17727 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: January 27, 2008, 09:26:46 PM »

Kerry in 2004.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »

2004: Michael Peroutka
2000: Pat Buchanan
1996: Bob Dole
1992: Ross Perot
1988: Ron Paul
1984: Ronald Reagan
1980: Ronald Reagan
1976: Jimmy Carter
1972: Richard Nixon
1968: George Wallace
1964: Barry Goldwater
1960: Richard Nixon
No. Why do you hate Jesus?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 04:48:27 PM »

Because he was immoral.

I don't believe in human sacrifice and I refuse to accept them, frankly.
WTF!? Go get a life. Without Jesus, America would be rules by Pagans that would probably persecute you Athiets, asshole. Haven't you noticed that almost every single Christian nation is a Liberal Democracy. We respect your rights.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 04:53:04 PM »

WTF!? Go get a life. Without Jesus, America would be rules by Pagans that would probably persecute you Athiets, asshole. Haven't you noticed that almost every single Christian nation is a Liberal Democracy. We respect your rights.

I'm not sure how that has any bearing on Jesus's morality, or lack thereof.

He didn't say that Christians had installed some sort of draconian regime; he said that their founder was immoral.  While I'd be interesting to hear him support his claim, what you're talking about is totally unrelated.
Well all that I meant was that even if he thinks Jesus is immoral, he shouldn't badmouth him so much, as without him there wouldn't be Christians, and maybe not Democracy in the modern sense of it.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:06:26 PM »

I have a life.

Without Jesus, America would probably be ruled by.. actually, that's sort of a stupid speculation, isn't it?  Christianity is just another religion.  I'm sure it made many positive contributions to the philosophies of many Americans who were heroes in many different ways.  I'm not going to give your religion credit for the founding of the nation, though.  Not every founding father was a Christian anyway.

What I don't understand is why I can't say that Jesus was immoral without being told to get a life, but you, an adherent of Jesus, can call me an asshole because I have a different viewpoint than you do.  Christians call atheists immoral all the time.  They seem to think it is inherent within our very framework.  I don't think Christians are immoral.  Some are, certainly.  My contention is that Jesus himself was immoral.  If you want my reasons, I'm happy to give them to you.  But I also know that I'm not going to be able to convince you because you hate the very idea that someone could reject your God.

And, for the record, I respect your rights as much as anyone else's.
Explain to me about why Jesus is immoral.

Oh yeah sorry about calling you an asshole. That was uncalled for.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »

Because he was immoral.

Sigh...without Jesus, Christianity would still be the major religion in the West...the religion came straight out of the imagination of Saul of Tarsus.  Do you really think St. Paul would have let a little thing like whether or not there was a Yeshua ben Yosef in 1st century Galilee affect his plans?

Even without that, the classical pagan world was far more tolerant of variety in religious practices, foreign deities, and synthesis than monotheism has ever been.  Worship a god from Egypt (Isis), Phrygia (Cybele), or Persia (Mithra)?  Great, set up a temple to him/her in Rome.  There was no pressure for orthodoxy, no forced conversions, etc.  The Christians, with their absurd insistence on there only being one god, theirs, were the intolerant ones, claiming that the traditional pagan gods (some of whom had been worshipped for millennia!) were either figments of the imagination, or worse, demons.  Give me Julian over Constantine anyday.
Whatever. Mithras was super militarstic, and Juliani was Fascist in his ways of supressing Christianity.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 05:26:10 PM »

Because he was immoral.

Stop being a fundie hack.
I am not. I just overreacted there. I am not a big fan of my lord and saviour being called immoral.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies