How much of the Hebrew Bible can be taken as fact? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:42:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  How much of the Hebrew Bible can be taken as fact? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How much of the Hebrew Bible can be taken as fact?  (Read 13533 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: January 27, 2008, 03:32:43 PM »

I think that the Torah is a corrupted version of the word of Allah, so the only parts that can be taken as fact are those that are expressly corroborated in the Qur’ān, which is about a quarter based on my completely random guess.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:38:34 PM »

I think that the Torah is a corrupted version of the word of Allah, so the only parts that can be taken as fact are those that are expressly corroborated in the Qur’ān, which is about a quarter based on my completely random guess.

How is the Torah a corrupted version, when it came first, by about 1,000-1,500 years?

It was gradually changed from the word of Allah as revealed to Moses.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:41:22 PM »

How is the Torah a corrupted version, when it came first, by about 1,000-1,500 years?

It was gradually changed from the word of Allah as revealed to Moses.

Okay, now I get it.

Same goes for the Gospel of Jesus, while the New Testament is not regarded as having any sort of divine basis.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 05:08:05 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2008, 09:29:03 PM by Führer und Reichskanzler »

Here's an answer to all your questions (I hope).

How much of the Koran is original material?  By that, I mean it isn't a retelling of stuff found in the Hebrew Bible and Christian Bible?

I think I've explained that the Torah and Gospel are the Word of God, but corrupted in places. So, the uncorrupted Word would be similar.

So, what is your faith's view on the people of the book?

Do we end up in hell (I can't remember what its called in Islam, something J-- but too close spelling wise to heaven for me to try and spell)? Temporary punishment? Permanent?  You can answer in another thread if you'd like

</hijack>

I will, thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies