How much of the Hebrew Bible can be taken as fact? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:38:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  How much of the Hebrew Bible can be taken as fact? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How much of the Hebrew Bible can be taken as fact?  (Read 13529 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: January 27, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »

Judaism belives that everyone's soul will spend eternity with God, so no, there is no Heaven and Hell per se, because everyone spends eternity in a heaven like place.

I've heard this explanation before...i guess I don't understand it...why would He have a chosen people...and why wouldHe allow vile souls (i'm not talking about debatable ones, I'm talking about the most vile people in human history) to have the same outcome?

You're asking for a detailed religion to make logical sense? I think you're asking a bit too much. Wink
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »

I ment Pangea (or the Supercontinint idea in general) explains how all the animals managed to get there.

No it doesn't, because as has already been pointed out to you you're off by some 199.9 million years. Humans didn't even exist at the time of Pangea to build an ark in the first place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies