Democrats ONLY: Are you scared (politically) of John McCain?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:00:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Democrats ONLY: Are you scared (politically) of John McCain?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: HuhHuh
Yes, I'm worried that he'll beat Hillary

No, I'm confident Obama will win the nomination and contrast well with old McCain.

No, there's no historical precedent for the GOP win in 2008*.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Democrats ONLY: Are you scared (politically) of John McCain?  (Read 2746 times)
skybridge
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 07:02:57 AM »

* No incumbent party has ever held the White House after an unpopular two-term President left office.

Not that times haven't changed or to go too far off topic, but that happened in 1876.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 08:08:44 AM »

Yes, I'm somewhat scared of him, but I remain very confident that Hillary or Obama will beat him.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 08:23:52 AM »

Look at it this way, McCain will be the most difficult of the Republicans for Clinton or Obama to defeat in the general election, but he can be defeated

Make no mistake, Republicans want Hillary Clinton to win the Democratic nomination

Democrats may be wise going into Super Tuesday not to give them that satisfaction

Dave
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »

Make no mistake, Republicans want Hillary Clinton to win the Democratic nomination
That makes me laugh so much.  One of the main reasons I sometimes want Hillary to win is because it would be amazingly glorious to watch all of the Republicans in MS squirm and cry and pout on election night.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »

That makes me laugh so much.  One of the main reasons I sometimes want Hillary to win is because it would be amazingly glorious to watch all of the Republicans in MS squirm and cry and pout on election night.

Granted that would be fun Grin to watch

Dave
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 09:03:31 AM »

Scared? No. I'm with Al and others.

McCain is far more vulnerable than he appears. He's the Bob Dole of '08, with a fine record and unquestionable experience. But somtimes experience doesn't cut it. If it always mattered, you'd never have one term presidencies Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 10:24:38 AM »

I'm worried that he won't beat Hillary.  Of course if by some miracle Obama were the candidate I'd be rooting for him, but if it is Hillary, then of course one would hope for another 4 years of a ridiculous, crazy Republican rather than a return to the fake-Democrat days of the racist Clintons.  If she can be avoided, there's always the chance of a real liberal Democrat one day.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 10:55:08 AM »

* No incumbent party has ever held the White House after an unpopular two-term President left office.

Not that times haven't changed or to go too far off topic, but that happened in 1876.
I should've said legally held the White House again. That election was rife with chicanery and implausible outcomes. Most historians agree Tilden was shafted.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »

I'm worried that he won't beat Hillary.  Of course if by some miracle Obama were the candidate I'd be rooting for him, but if it is Hillary, then of course one would hope for another 4 years of a ridiculous, crazy Republican rather than a return to the fake-Democrat days of the racist Clintons.  If she can be avoided, there's always the chance of a real liberal Democrat one day.

One day.... Hopefully, I will be far, far away by then.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 03:20:25 PM »

I'm scared out of my ******* mind!
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 03:25:33 PM »

I'm worried that McCain will kick Obama's butt in the general.  Obama definitely wins the "swimsuit" competition, but McCain's experience towers over him.  And frankly McCain's positions are closer to the center than Obama's and traditionally whomever is the more centrist candidate usually wins (yes, in 2000 Gore was painted as a raving leftie and Bush as a total moderate).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies