official Super Tuesday commentary thread (Republican) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:46:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  official Super Tuesday commentary thread (Republican) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: official Super Tuesday commentary thread (Republican)  (Read 26634 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: February 05, 2008, 11:58:31 PM »

McCain in his speech was most gracious to Huckabee and to Romney, congratulating both of them.

It makes me believe he wants to heal the rifts in the party, in particular the tough battle he has had with Romney.

Perhaps he is setting the groundwork, should he become the nominee, to asking Romney to be his running mate, which, given the considerable support Romney has received in primaries and caucuses, would be the best way of uniting the party.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 12:04:28 AM »

Romney takes Montana!!!!!!!!!!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 12:18:49 AM »

We knew this about an hour ago, when 100% of the vote was in but they didn't call it.

Well now it's called!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 12:53:06 AM »

Perhaps he is setting the groundwork, should he become the nominee, to asking Romney to be his running mate, which, given the considerable support Romney has received in primaries and caucuses, would be the best way of uniting the party.

Are you kidding?

Romney takes Colorado!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Romney won't be the VP, although I am not so sure he would accept it even if offered, but Huckabee will not be the VP nominee either, I am convinced.  The Republicans do not need an evangelical preacher on the ticket who would turn off half the country.

McCain should make an arrangement with Romney, where Romney gets out of the race and gets the VP nomination in return.

No, not serious.

However, although I still sincerely believe Romney would make the best President of any of the candidates running, by this time, it is clear that McCain is very well positioned to become the nominee of the Republican Party.  By withdrawing from the race and endorsing McCain, this would go a long way in uniting the party, and would make Romney somewhat of a hero in the party, and then, who knows where this could go from there?  VP perhaps?  

If Romney continues the campaign, he still has my support.

If Romney drops out of the campaign, McCain has my support.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:54:52 PM »

Yet another Romney victory!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies