If I ran the Republican National Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:50:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  If I ran the Republican National Convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If I ran the Republican National Convention  (Read 887 times)
NHPolitico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2004, 06:33:59 PM »

It would be: "The RNC Presents 'A Grand Old Party'!"

It would be 3 days, not 4.

It would have a host-- a professional host like Billy Crystal at the Oscars. Possibly a new host for every night. Someone in entertainment, maybe.

There would be lots of speakers speaking for briefer amounts-- no more than 8 minutes for everyone, except Bush who'd get 15 minutes.  A lot of regular people from all over the country-- every state would be represented (maybe even DC and PR, too) over the course of the 3 days.

In between the speakers would be entertainment-- comedy skits (like SNL, even the Weekend Update part) (political and apolitical), stand-up routines (political and apolitical), musical performances from people like Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr. and Toby Keith and such with laser shows and fog, etc.-- like the MTV Movie Awards.

The big name speakers like McCain and Rudy and Arnold and Bush would have really cool live intro music-- like Kid Rock's "Cowboy" for Bush.

And they'd have pre-taped brief videos to show that had high production values-- not some boring video of some person talking about some issue they care about in too much detail.

I'd focus on telling people they can go online or get literature sent to them if they want more details about policy.

That's all for now, but I might think of more.  I just was thinking what the GOP could do to get more media coverage and higher ratings and to make it easier for voters to relate to the GOP.

What about you guys? What would you do differently if you were in control?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 08:04:44 PM »

If I ran the Republican National Convention, the taxpayers wouldn't be paying the bill.
NHPolitico

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 08:16:07 PM »

Agree 100%. My convention would be corporate-sponsored, like the candidates.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies