Critique my Essay on George Washington's Farewell Adress (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:01:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Political Essays & Deliberation (Moderator: Torie)
  Critique my Essay on George Washington's Farewell Adress (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Critique my Essay on George Washington's Farewell Adress  (Read 14490 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: February 07, 2008, 11:08:34 PM »

First off, I got an A+ on each of my last two persuasive essays, so I hope I know what I'm doing. Smiley

You should have actually read the whole address before writing the essay (I gather that you didn't). There are many points beyond the call for nonpartisanship. Was American neutrality, which was generally pursued until WWI, a good thing? What about Wilson's abandonment of it? Washington also mentioned America's homogeneity in his call for nonpartisanship. Is that relevant today? Explore at least two or three points.

I think you should rewrite it, and that it could use a little more time. Even if it's due tomorrow, it's only 9 in Idaho. 45 minutes will do wonders.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:13:39 PM »

First off, I got an A+ on each of my last two persuasive essays, so I hope I know what I'm doing. Smiley

You should have actually read the whole address before writing the essay (I gather that you didn't). There are many points beyond the call for nonpartisanship. Was American neutrality, which was generally pursued until WWI, a good thing? What about Wilson's abandonment of it? Washington also mentioned America's homogeneity in his call for nonpartisanship. Is that relevant today? Explore at least two or three points.

I think you should rewrite it, and that it could use a little more time. Even if it's due tomorrow, it's only 9 in Idaho. 45 minutes will do wonders.
I normally get B+, or A- but then again I spend about 20 minutes on average on each essay lol.
When's it due? Please tell me you didn't do it at 6 PM the night before it was due.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »

I normally get B+, or A- but then again I spend about 20 minutes on average on each essay lol.
When's it due? Please tell me you didn't do it at 6 PM the night before it was due.

When I was thirteen, I tended to do it at 6am the day it was due Cheesy

Today, I did my math homework (due in 4th period) in 2nd period. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »

Lots of fluff. My history teacher would give this a 2.

Out of?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »

Are you one of them?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 07:31:13 PM »

I've never really understood what IB's all about.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »

Smart people from outside the United States generally. If you get the certificate, it's recognized in 100+ countries.

Only Colonel By (public) and Ashbury (rich white kids in Rockcliffe Park) offer it in Ottawa. Colonel By is clearly the best.

I'm assuming that that's your school.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 08:02:20 PM »

Smart people from outside the United States generally. If you get the certificate, it's recognized in 100+ countries.

Only Colonel By (public) and Ashbury (rich white kids in Rockcliffe Park) offer it in Ottawa. Colonel By is clearly the best.

I'm assuming that that's your school.

O rly? How'd you guess?

Magic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies