10 year old shoots 9 year old sister in face over chips with dad's shotgun (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:49:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  10 year old shoots 9 year old sister in face over chips with dad's shotgun (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 10 year old shoots 9 year old sister in face over chips with dad's shotgun  (Read 6268 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 15, 2008, 12:52:31 AM »

Right, we need more stabbings damn it!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 09:51:09 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2008, 05:12:31 AM by dead0man »

As fa as I see it, no gun in house, no gun accidentally in child's possession, no sister shot.

You could argue that he could have found a gun another way, but somehow I doubt that there'd be that much effort put in by the kid.
Right, because guns are the only weapon in a home that a nut could get a hold of and seriously harm a family member.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 05:11:19 AM »

As fa as I see it, no gun in house, no gun accidentally in child's possession, no sister shot.

You could argue that he could have found a gun another way, but somehow I doubt that there'd be that much effort put in by the kid.
Right, because guns are the only weapon in a home that a nut could get a hold of and seriously harm a family member.

One quick squeeze of a trigger does a lot more damage than one stab.
And the opposite can be true as well.  Many tools human use can be quite dangerous if used inappropriately.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 06:35:50 PM »

If tougher gun laws were passed, things such as mandatory trigger locks and what not the kid would have been much less likely to be shot or harmed in this manner. 

The whole thing with Gun control its not about banning guns, its about doing whatever we can to keep the guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have access to them.  More extensive background checks (including gun shows), reducing the amount of guns someone can buy at once, registering guns, having more ability to trace the bullets back to the guns it came from, trigger locks, and what not don't interfere with someone's legal ability to own a gun.
Whew, our guns are safe then. Nobody want's to ban guns guys, this guy says so!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 04:50:43 AM »

..and terrorists could use public library computers to plan terrorist attacks, thus the govt should monitor internet traffic in public libraries.  Lots of crimes have been made easier by the use of a cell phone, lets monitor them too.  We'll all be a little safer if they do.

It sucks when the govt takes our liberty in attempting to protect us.  The left is usually the side that takes the govt on in these situations. But people on the left never seem to notice it when that liberty has to do with guns, in fact, they are normally the ones pushing hardest to take that liberty from us.  It's the main reason I could never become a Democrat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies