10 year old shoots 9 year old sister in face over chips with dad's shotgun (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:54:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  10 year old shoots 9 year old sister in face over chips with dad's shotgun (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 10 year old shoots 9 year old sister in face over chips with dad's shotgun  (Read 6244 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: February 15, 2008, 05:06:24 AM »

I really hope you weren't being serious.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 02:33:30 PM »

Seriously, why was this gun in a place a 10 year old could get to it?
Why was this gun in a house with young children, indeed?

Because the gun crawled into the house and laid itself in a place where it could be easily accessed by this otherwise normal child/family.  And then, when the kid found it, the gun told the kid to shoot his sister.  It's the gun's fault.

GUNS ARE EVIL!!!  BAN GUNS NOW!!!

Has it really not occurred to anyone to ask the question: "Why was this kid so messed up to begin with?"  I grew up around plenty of guns and last I checked I never shot my sister.  Maybe the gun was accessible because the family was screwed up, which woudl explain why this kid is screwed up... oh, but no... it's the gun's fault.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 04:41:52 PM »

As fa as I see it, no gun in house, no gun accidentally in child's possession, no sister shot.

You could argue that he could have found a gun another way, but somehow I doubt that there'd be that much effort put in by the kid.

An accident happens when something can't be prevented.  This could easily have been prevented if the parents had both cared enough to raise their child right and not keep the gun out in the open.

This reminds me of one of my favorite episodes of the X-Files... Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose.  In this episode Mulder and Scully are presented with two psychics.  The first is a murderer who sees himself killing people in the future.  Rather than trying to stop himself from commiting the acts, he seeks answers as to why he is doing it.  The second in Mr. Bruckman, an insurance salesman who can only see things related to death, in both the future and the past.  He hates his "gift", but he is recruited by Mulder to help solve the case.  The killer eventually targets Mr. Bruckman, so he is taken under protect.  Eventually they meet and before he is "going to kill" Mr. Bruckman, he first must ask him why he does the things he does.

Bruckman responds, "You really don't get it, do ya kid?  You do the things you do, because you're a homicidal maniac."

This kid shot his sister because he was a homicidal maniac, not because of the presence of a gun.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 03:22:00 AM »

Everyone seems to blame the parenting or the child. What law can change that? What plan do you have to keep children from "accidentally" shooting their siblings? It seems much simpler to just place stricter controls on guns; how else can these "accidents" be prevented?

I agree... we need gun control, and ax control, and knife control, and baseball bat control, and scarf control and fist control, and just for good measure we need blunt object control... oh, and water control... we can't forget that.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 03:25:07 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2008, 03:27:31 AM by Supersoulty »

As fa as I see it, no gun in house, no gun accidentally in child's possession, no sister shot.

You could argue that he could have found a gun another way, but somehow I doubt that there'd be that much effort put in by the kid.
Right, because guns are the only weapon in a home that a nut could get a hole of and seriously harm a family memeber.

One quick squeeze of a trigger does a lot more damage than one stab.

Anyone who is determined to kill someone is going to do it regardless of the implement used.  The gun didn't cause the act, did it?  No.  Some f***ed up little punk kid is the cause.  Maybe if his parents had been a little more responsible all around then it wouldn't have happened.

BTW... your assertion isn't correct, indeed, one quick slice or stab can often be more easily fatal than a gun shot wound.  As can one quick blow to the head.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies