McCain Sets Criteria For His VP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:30:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  McCain Sets Criteria For His VP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain Sets Criteria For His VP  (Read 11855 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: February 15, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »

I'd be willing to bet right now that Kay Bailey Hutchison will be McCain's VP candidate.

Hmmm.... you know that would actually be a pretty decent pick.

It really would be a good pick and a ticket I might have to reconsider my confirmed-Democratic vote.

I know this is a long shot and hasn't even been mentioned, yet, and probably for good reason, but what about Gov. Matt Blunt of Missouri or Fmr. Gov. Frank Keating of Oklahoma as possibilities?  Blunt is leaving the Missouri State Capitol in January 2009, so it wouldn't interfere with his current duties too much as he would make a nice transition into the Vice Presidential job.  Keating was a pretty good, conservative, governor for Oklahoma.  He was a popular governor during his 8-years (not as popular as Brad Henry, but still popular).  He knows how to handle terrorism (see April 19, 1995 and the Oklahoma City Bombing).

He needs a governor to balance out the ticket, but a Senator wouldn't be too bad, either as the VP is the President of the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies