You Democrats make me laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:37:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  You Democrats make me laugh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: You Democrats make me laugh  (Read 3986 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2008, 02:40:43 PM »

It's clear from the way all you forum liberals have acted throughout this primary...and it's laughable.

When it looked like Hillary was certain to be the nominee....all the democrats began showing her imaginary maps of winning Missouri and Arkansas and West Virginia!

Now, Obama may be the nominee (not set in stone at all), and although he lacks extreme substance (even beginning to hear pundits mentioning "Hope will not stop the Taliban") you are now beginning to see the maps of Obama winning Virginia, North Carolina and even...Georgia. Laughable maps.

What you don't understand is...primaries are very odd. When one guy goes up....he gets a national boost. This time 20 years ago, Dukakis was opening up what would become a 20-point lead in national polls against George Bush.

McCain will win Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, West Virginia and Arkansas. Neither Clinton or Obama will. Obama is very good at reaching a high...but then going into a few month long plummet. I think that when the Republicans leave the convention in the second week of September (probably alot more smooth then the Democratic Convention in August) McCain/WHATEVER will leave with a substantial bounce in the polls going into the debates.

The debates will be interesting. Do we elect a war-hero turned 20-year Senator or a three-year Senator? A maverick who can work to get things done or a staunch liberal who was the most liberal in the U.S. Senate.

The more I think about it....Obama might be better to run against than Hillary since he creates a bigger contrast of experience.

But, do not fret my GOP friends...and laugh it all up now...because when election night 2008 comes around, I'm looking forward to seeing this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »

Mike, you've just encapuslated whats wrong with you.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:45:05 PM »

Now, Obama may be the nominee (not set in stone at all), and although he lacks extreme substance (even beginning to hear pundits mentioning "Hope will not stop the Taliban") you are now beginning to see the maps of Obama winning Virginia, North Carolina and even...Georgia. Laughable maps.

No one is saying he'll win NC and Georgia (where are you getting that from?). But I do think he can/will win Virginia.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 02:46:15 PM »

No one is saying he'll win NC and Georgia (where are you getting that from?). But I do think he can/will win Virginia.

Obama Will NOT carry Virginia against McCain.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 02:46:27 PM »

McCain would probably win VA but not without a fight. Despite only being primaries, Obama has done very well in the south and that success may translate into making a few traditionally non-competitive states competitive, especially if some southern conservatives stay home or vote third party.

Don't underestimate Obama's ability in the south, he probably wouldn't win the states but he'll damn sure force McCain to spend money in them.

That being said, I'm still convinced that it will be McCain v. Hillary so this is all moot.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 02:47:29 PM »

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 02:49:13 PM »

hillary is going to be the nominee, and she has an election shot in missouri, arkansas and west virginia.

sorry to rain on your parade, naso.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 02:49:55 PM »

He might. Why wouldn't he? There are plenty of the people that love a person like Obama in Virginia, especially in the North. Sure he might not win the Working Class regions out west and south, but all that he needs to do is win Northern Virginia by large margins, and also Richmond, and Virginia Beach.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »

Look at the facts Virginia is a state which has a large military influence and presence along with large numbers of veterans. Along with the fact that much of this extends into swing areas such as NOVA and parts of Southeast Virginia. In addition McCain could appeal will among independents in NOVA. Along with the fact that Virginia regrettably still has alot of people including Dixiecrats who will not vote for a Black man.   
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 02:54:46 PM »

Look at the facts Virginia is a state which has a large military influence and presence along with large numbers of veterans. Along with the fact that much of this extends into swing areas such as NOVA and parts of Southeast Virginia. In addition McCain could appeal will among independents in NOVA. Along with the fact that Virginia regrettably still has alot of people including Dixiecrats who will not vote for a Black man.   
No. People in NOVA will not vote for McCain over Obama. They will flock to the polls to vote for Obama. The Indies that live in NOVA are not the kind of people to vote for McCain. They are mainly Anti-War, and that will kill McCain.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 02:59:24 PM »

No. People in NOVA will not vote for McCain over Obama. They will flock to the polls to vote for Obama. The Indies that live in NOVA are not the kind of people to vote for McCain. They are mainly Anti-War, and that will kill McCain.

There is a very large military presence in NOVA, Along with the facts that many of the independents I've talked to seem to be wanting experience after 8 years of Bush. Also one of the reasons NOVA has gone left is due to the way the Republican Party has been shaped in recent years McCain is a traditional Republican the type many people miss and someone who could have appeal in NOVA. Now I'm not saying that Obama could win counties like Fairfax, Arlington or Alexandria because the facts saw they are solid Democratic under any circumstances. However I think he could win Loudoun and I think he would do very will in Prince William.       
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 03:00:58 PM »

Mike, you've just encapuslated whats wrong with you.

^^^^^^^^^^
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 03:02:00 PM »

I actually believe Hillary would win Arkansas in the general election. The Clinton's are still very popular down there. Virginia will definitely go to McCain. I think Virginia's swing to the Democrats has been a bit exaggerated. Bush carried the state in 2004 54-45 and Allen almost won even though he committed political suicide when he used the racial slur on that indian guy. It was hardly a blowout. To suggest that Obama will win in a landslide against McCain is laughable. It all depends, though, on if the conservatives decide to sit this race out like they did in 1976.

I do hope that McCain is able to belittle Obama and bring to light the severe lack of track record he has. Saying you can bring change is one thing, but nothing Obama has done suggests he has a record of change. He just votes lock-step with the Democratic party. He lucked out on not being in the Senate for the Iraq vote, but I bet if he was, he would have voted for it.

The thing is, people aren't thinking right now. They are getting all wrapped up in the Obama craze, thinking he can do all these lofty promises that he speaks about. It is sort of like John Kerry saying he could cure Christopher Reeve's disease before the end of his first term as President. It's hilarious. It's sad that many Democrats actually believe he can do half of what he is promising. If he can achieve his goals, we might as well elect him for life. We wouldn't have anymore problems to solve.

I can assure you the Obama bubble will pop before November. People are already searching for dirt on him right now. His name, his upbringing, and the fact he refuses to wear an American flag on his jacket seem like minor things to his supporters, but I can assure you that it won't. At the end of the day, primaries are a small snapshot of the true feelings of the American people, especially caucuses. If all the votes were primaries, Clinton would have a commanding lead right now. Obama has crazy, enthusiastic supports. More power to him. But to suggest he is going to have a cake walk into the White House is very erroneous.

Much of the American public are not as crazy for his message of change as his supporters believe. He WILL have a hard time in the south. He will be hit hard by the Republicans. People will get tired of others being accused as racists every time they oppose Obama as well.

"Obama is way behind in Ohio, North Carolina, and Virginia!"

"Wow, I can't believe those states are that racist. They are supposed to go Democratic in 2008"

After the election:

"Wow, America is really a racist country. I'm going to Canada."
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 03:03:27 PM »

... or a staunch liberal who was the most liberal in the U.S. Senate.

And don't forget, Biraq Hussein Osama was also raised a Muslim too!

Roll Eyes
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 03:04:17 PM »

Lay off the turps, Mike.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 03:08:44 PM »

Roll Eyes

Poke fun at it all you want, but this WILL become a major issue in the general election.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 03:09:38 PM »

Roll Eyes

Poke fun at it all you want, but this WILL become a major issue in the general election.

Which stupid allegation be you a talking about?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 03:09:46 PM »

or a staunch liberal who was the most liberal in the U.S. Senate.

Only according to the National Review, a far right-wing publication.  They did the same thing to John Kerry, they cherrypick a number of votes to make whoever the Democratic candidate is the "most liberal" Senator in Washington.

TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »

The Muslim thing has been out there for over a year now, and anyone with an IQ over 75 knows it bullsh**t.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 03:12:48 PM »

"Good Lord, man!" Have you not seen some of the prediction maps in the Obama vs. McCain threads?

Roll Eyes

With all due respect, I don't think it's the same type of issues. In 2004, when everyone was running around saying Kerry was the most liberal, I never bought into it. I don't really buy into Obama being the most liberal either but I will say that he's definitley up there in the rankings and that will be an issue...if he gets the the General. Still a big if.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »

Roll Eyes

Except he wasn't raised a Muslim.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »

Roll Eyes

Except he wasn't raised a Muslim.

...that doesn't mean it won't be an issue. I run into tons of people who think he is and they aren't your usual political hacks. I have argued with enough people, stressing that Obama is not a Muslim. There are plenty of people that still think it though.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 03:18:19 PM »

There is a very large military presence in NOVA, Along with the facts that many of the independents I've talked to seem to be wanting experience after 8 years of Bush. Also one of the reasons NOVA has gone left is due to the way the Republican Party has been shaped in recent years McCain is a traditional Republican the type many people miss and someone who could have appeal in NOVA. Now I'm not saying that Obama could win counties like Fairfax, Arlington or Alexandria because the facts saw they are solid Democratic under any circumstances. However I think he could win Loudoun and I think he would do very will in Prince William.       
Yet again, No.  Military presence does not beat, young Professionals, Latte Liberals, and Social Liberals. Obama will win all of NOVA by large margins, and will crush McCain there once they find out about how crazy he is with Foriegn Policy. Sure the Military will vote for him, but that won't matter because of the flocks of Indies that ditch McCain.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 03:21:21 PM »

Military presence does not beat, young Professionals, Latte Liberals, and Social Liberals. Obama will win all of NOVA by large margins, and will crush McCain there once they find out about how crazy he is with Foriegn Policy. Sure the Military will vote for him, but that won't matter because of the flocks of Indies that ditch McCain.

Well, please remember those pesky folks in the rest of the state who have the nerve to come out in droves for McCain!
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 03:22:59 PM »

Yet again, No.  Military presence does not beat, young Professionals, Latte Liberals, and Social Liberals. Obama will win all of NOVA by large margins, and will crush McCain there once they find out about how crazy he is with Foriegn Policy. Sure the Military will vote for him, but that won't matter because of the flocks of Indies that ditch McCain.

How naive you are. McCain is a very well known to the people of the state and most like him, I've barely come across many Obama supporters among the groups you described and besides the War isn't the big issue now it's the economy and even though that is not McCain's specialty people including in NOVA are going to be asking what experience Obama has with this area and the answer is going to be just about nothing. Why on the other hand McCain has been in the Senate a while to learn something ans apply that reasoning to his votes.     
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies