You Democrats make me laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:04:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  You Democrats make me laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: You Democrats make me laugh  (Read 3968 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 03:23:45 PM »

Military presence does not beat, young Professionals, Latte Liberals, and Social Liberals. Obama will win all of NOVA by large margins, and will crush McCain there once they find out about how crazy he is with Foriegn Policy. Sure the Military will vote for him, but that won't matter because of the flocks of Indies that ditch McCain.

Well, please remember those pesky folks in the rest of the state who have the nerve to come out in droves for McCain!
Sure there will be many out in Western and Southern Virginia that will turnout out for McCain, and he will win in big margins there. However he won't win in Richmond, and Virginia Beach, therefore McCain's cieling for victory is around 4 to 6% while Obama's is 1 to 2.5 %.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 03:24:42 PM »

Obama Will NOT carry Virginia against McCain.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Look at the facts Virginia is a state which has a large military influence and presence along with large numbers of veterans. Along with the fact that much of this extends into swing areas such as NOVA and parts of Southeast Virginia. In addition McCain could appeal will among independents in NOVA. Along with the fact that Virginia regrettably still has alot of people including Dixiecrats who will not vote for a Black man.   
No. People in NOVA will not vote for McCain over Obama. They will flock to the polls to vote for Obama. The Indies that live in NOVA are not the kind of people to vote for McCain. They are mainly Anti-War, and that will kill McCain.

There is a very large military presence in NOVA, Along with the facts that many of the independents I've talked to seem to be wanting experience after 8 years of Bush. Also one of the reasons NOVA has gone left is due to the way the Republican Party has been shaped in recent years McCain is a traditional Republican the type many people miss and someone who could have appeal in NOVA. Now I'm not saying that Obama could win counties like Fairfax, Arlington or Alexandria because the facts saw they are solid Democratic under any circumstances. However I think he could win Loudoun and I think he would do very will in Prince William.       
Yet again, No.  Military presence does not beat, young Professionals, Latte Liberals, and Social Liberals. Obama will win all of NOVA by large margins, and will crush McCain there once they find out about how crazy he is with Foriegn Policy. Sure the Military will vote for him, but that won't matter because of the flocks of Indies that ditch McCain.

How naive you are. McCain is a very well known to the people of the state and most like him, I've barely come across many Obama supporters among the groups you described and besides the War isn't the big issue now it's the economy and even though that is not McCain's specialty people including in NOVA are going to be asking what experience Obama has with this area and the answer is going to be just about nothing. Why on the other hand McCain has been in the Senate a while to learn something ans apply that reasoning to his votes.     
People still certainly care about the War, and when it comes up it will kill McCain among Indies, that already like Obama. In 2008 Change>Expirience. Face it.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »

< Doesn't understand why people respond to Naso's trolling every time
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2008, 03:26:44 PM »

... or a staunch liberal who was the most liberal in the U.S. Senate.

And don't forget, Biraq Hussein Osama was also raised a Muslim too!

Roll Eyes

Poke fun at it all you want, but this WILL become a major issue in the general election.

Except he wasn't raised a Muslim.

Tell that to Fox News.

It's pointless to argue about who will win what state this early out.  The polling numbers will be very fluid between these two up until election day.  Will Obama's middle name be an issue?  Maybe to the large number of ignorant morons who unfortunately go to the ballot box every year.  Will McCain's age be an issue?  Sure but that shouldn't stop some independents from voting for him.

In the end it'll come down to three things:

Money/Organization - Advantage Obama
Who's less likely to make political gaffes - Advantage Obama
Who can appeal to independents and/or undecideds - Advantage Obama

If you asked me today I'd say that Obama has a serious shot in many Southern states, however the overall advantage for each state should still go to McCain.  The West looks to be more competitive this year than the South.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 03:27:04 PM »

Military presence does not beat, young Professionals, Latte Liberals, and Social Liberals. Obama will win all of NOVA by large margins, and will crush McCain there once they find out about how crazy he is with Foriegn Policy. Sure the Military will vote for him, but that won't matter because of the flocks of Indies that ditch McCain.

Well, please remember those pesky folks in the rest of the state who have the nerve to come out in droves for McCain!
Sure there will be many out in Western and Southern Virginia that will turnout out for McCain, and he will win in big margins there. However he won't win in Richmond, and Virginia Beach, therefore McCain's cieling for victory is around 4 to 6% while Obama's is 1 to 2.5 %.

Virginia Beach Ha! That is McCain country to the extreme and where a good part of his base resides and keep in mind it voted for Bush so why not McCain? Also don't worry about Richmond the suburbs are also strong areas of support for him.   
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 03:27:50 PM »

Look at the facts Virginia is a state which has a large military influence and presence along with large numbers of veterans. Along with the fact that much of this extends into swing areas such as NOVA and parts of Southeast Virginia. In addition McCain could appeal will among independents in NOVA. Along with the fact that Virginia regrettably still has alot of people including Dixiecrats who will not vote for a Black man.   
No. People in NOVA will not vote for McCain over Obama. They will flock to the polls to vote for Obama. The Indies that live in NOVA are not the kind of people to vote for McCain. They are mainly Anti-War, and that will kill McCain.

There is a very large military presence in NOVA, Along with the facts that many of the independents I've talked to seem to be wanting experience after 8 years of Bush. Also one of the reasons NOVA has gone left is due to the way the Republican Party has been shaped in recent years McCain is a traditional Republican the type many people miss and someone who could have appeal in NOVA. Now I'm not saying that Obama could win counties like Fairfax, Arlington or Alexandria because the facts saw they are solid Democratic under any circumstances. However I think he could win Loudoun and I think he would do very will in Prince William.       
Yet again, No.  Military presence does not beat, young Professionals, Latte Liberals, and Social Liberals. Obama will win all of NOVA by large margins, and will crush McCain there once they find out about how crazy he is with Foriegn Policy. Sure the Military will vote for him, but that won't matter because of the flocks of Indies that ditch McCain.

How naive you are. McCain is a very well known to the people of the state and most like him, I've barely come across many Obama supporters among the groups you described and besides the War isn't the big issue now it's the economy and even though that is not McCain's specialty people including in NOVA are going to be asking what experience Obama has with this area and the answer is going to be just about nothing. Why on the other hand McCain has been in the Senate a while to learn something ans apply that reasoning to his votes.     

So again, it comes to expierence. Obama will just have mention age then. They are both pretty below the belt calls....and I am sure they will cancel each other out. That being said, I say that VA will probably go to McCain, but probably by only 5 points. McCain will lose the latte liberals in Nevada nad New Mexico and won't do that well in Iowa either. Those 21 EVs plus Kerry will swing the election to Obama, even if McCain delivers places like Missouri by 10 points and places like North Carolina by 20.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 03:28:46 PM »

People still certainly care about the War, and when it comes up it will kill McCain among Indies, that already like Obama. In 2008 Change>Expirience. Face it.

However here the War is not what is exactly at the top of peoples minds. Also both McCai and Obam both equally stand for change if you look at it.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »

Virginia Beach Ha! That is McCain country to the extreme and where a good part of his base resides and keep in mind it voted for Bush so why not McCain? Also don't worry about Richmond the suburbs are also strong areas of support for him.   
Do I have to point out every 2 minutes about the War? That is why McCain won't win there!! I will not repeat it again. I find it funny you keep on assuming McCain has more appeal to Indies than Obama.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 03:31:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
the War will however be brought up, and how does McCain stand for change? Sure he wants to change Lobbying, and do something about the Environment, but he supports the same Economic policies as Bush, for the most part, and also supports the same Social and Foriegn policies. How the heck is that change?
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 03:31:12 PM »

However here the War is not what is exactly at the top of peoples minds. Also both McCai and Obam both equally stand for change if you look at it.

True.  However there are other issues that are on the top of people's minds that Obama has an advantage with. 

Health Care
Economy
Change

These three things combined with McCain's consistent support of the War in Iraq could be deadly to his National Campaign.

Unless McCain can somehow find a way to make the War in Iraq free, US troops immortal, and the insurgency to magically disappear... he's probably going to lose this fall. 
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2008, 03:32:44 PM »

the War will however be brought up, and how does McCain stand for change? Sure he wants to change Lobbying, and do something about the Environment, but he supports the same Economic policies as Bush, for the most part, and also supports the same Social and Foriegn policies. How the heck is that change?

Same economic policies!? He voted against his tax cuts and has constantly complained about the out of control fiscal situation. What has Obama done in this regard except walking the traditional Democratic line?     
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »

So again, it comes to expierence. Obama will just have mention age then. They are both pretty below the belt calls....and I am sure they will cancel each other out. That being said, I say that VA will probably go to McCain, but probably by only 5 points. McCain will lose the latte liberals in Nevada nad New Mexico and won't do that well in Iowa either. Those 21 EVs plus Kerry will swing the election to Obama, even if McCain delivers places like Missouri by 10 points and places like North Carolina by 20.

Latte liberals in...Nevada and...New Mexico?

I don't think it's out of the question that McCain will lose those two states but not because of those types of voters.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »

Virginia is currently a tossup even though polls show a slight lean towards democrats [even if Presidential Campaigning for November has yet to really start]. I think they both have reasonable support here, and it will be a hard fought battle between the both of them to win the state. I think growing opposition to the war [and popular Democratic legislation elections within the state] have started to color the state purple and COULD possibly hurt McCain in the GE. Virginia Beach will be split most likely, and NOVA will probably go strongly for Obama. Richmond im not really sure about, the city itself is strongly democratic but outlying areas like Henrico and Hanover counties are Conservative strongholds. If McCain can somehow patch up the riff between his maverick stance and the conservatives who oppose him yeah he could take the state easily. But that riff, along with strong Independent support that seems to favor Obama [and even some moderate Republicans who would rather vote Obama than McCain the Reagan footsoldier] could give Obama a victory here. All in all it could go either way easily. Smiley
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »

Same economic policies!? He voted against his tax cuts and has constantly complained about the out of control fiscal situation. What has Obama done in this regard except walking the traditional Democratic line?     
Walking the Traditional Democratic line is change genius. We have had 8 years of traditional Republican policies, so Traditional Democratic policies are change. Sure McCain has minor differences with Bush on the Economy but it really isn't "change", just retooled Bush.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2008, 03:37:26 PM »

Roll Eyes

Poke fun at it all you want, but this WILL become a major issue in the general election.

...that doesn't mean it won't be an issue. I run into tons of people who think he is and they aren't your usual political hacks. I have argued with enough people, stressing that Obama is not a Muslim. There are plenty of people that still think it though.

I'm telling you....I don't buy into any of that either. But the Democratic side of my family (my cousin and my uncle were showing my grandparents the picture of Obama without his hand on his heart during the pledge and my uncle read my grandmother that bogus thing about Obama's "muslim connections" and how they want to "destroy America from the inside out" and they bought it. These are serious questions thousands of voters will have....you can not shrug it off.

I don't think it's out of the question that McCain will lose those two states but not because of those types of voters.

I don't think New Mexico will go for Obama against McCain. I was trending that way...but the more I think about McCain's Arizona homestate closeness...and his appeal to Hispanics...I think he would hold onto it.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2008, 03:40:31 PM »

Walking the Traditional Democratic line is change genius. We have had 8 years of traditional Republican policies, so Traditional Democratic policies are change. Sure McCain has minor differences with Bush on the Economy but it really isn't "change", just retooled Bush.

Hahaha Haha! How so? How is more tax and spend policies going to change things We have had some of that under Bush yes, We most likely would get the same under Obama. However I have a hard time viewing him as a conservative. What McCain is offering is exactly what this nation needs.   
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 03:41:22 PM »

Roll Eyes

It doesn't matter! It will still be an issue because people still think he was! The entire electorate doesn't spend hours a day on a political forum like the rest of us.

Virginia Beach is overwhelmingly Republican. Where did you get this information?

Also, the war is more and more of a non-issue. The Democrats need to realize this. Things are progressing. Violence is way down, and yesterday there was a big political achievement by the Iraqi government. Attacks in Badghdad have fallen 80%. Why the Democrats are still wanting to get out immediately is beyond me.

So what if the war was wrong to begin with, let's win it, not create a vacuum in the Middle East for Iran. The public will understand the implications of this. By November 2008, there will be new elections in Iraq. Drumming up the "Lets get out as fast as possible" message won't work.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2008, 03:45:30 PM »

Virginia is currently a tossup even though polls show a slight lean towards democrats [even if Presidential Campaigning for November has yet to really start]. I think they both have reasonable support here, and it will be a hard fought battle between the both of them to win the state. I think growing opposition to the war [and popular Democratic legislation elections within the state] have started to color the state purple and COULD possibly hurt McCain in the GE. Virginia Beach will be split most likely, and NOVA will probably go strongly for Obama. Richmond im not really sure about, the city itself is strongly democratic but outlying areas like Henrico and Hanover counties are Conservative strongholds. If McCain can somehow patch up the riff between his maverick stance and the conservatives who oppose him yeah he could take the state easily. But that riff, along with strong Independent support that seems to favor Obama [and even some moderate Republicans who would rather vote Obama than McCain the Reagan footsoldier] could give Obama a victory here. All in all it could go either way easily. Smiley

The same Virginia beach that went 60% for Bush in 2004 will all of a sudden be a tossup in 2008? What reasoning do you have to support that? Or is it just the audacity of change that will move these people into voting for Barack? Or the 25% of Republicans that will vote for him in the general election.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »

I just love republican arrogance..

exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »

The same Virginia beach that went 60% for Bush in 2004 will all of a sudden be a tossup in 2008? What reasoning do you have to support that? Or is it just the audacity of change that will move these people into voting for Barack? Or the 25% of Republicans that will vote for him in the general election.

I think his maverick appeal might turnoff alot of voters in conservative Virginia Beach, but I dont think he'll lose it. Obama has good support there as well, but unless some unforseen circumstance surrounds the McCain campaign I dont think Obama has a chance to win the city.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »

No they will not. 65% of the country is still against the War and nothing has changed there. People don't care about the "progress" they want the Troops to be home and they want an end to stupid foriegn wars.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2008, 03:51:37 PM »

yep, that describes the situation pretty well
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2008, 04:12:25 PM »

Once both parties get their candidates and the race really starts then we will be able to tell what is really going on.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »

Roll Eyes

...that doesn't mean it won't be an issue. I run into tons of people who think he is and they aren't your usual political hacks. I have argued with enough people, stressing that Obama is not a Muslim. There are plenty of people that still think it though.

I'm telling you....I don't buy into any of that either. But the Democratic side of my family (my cousin and my uncle were showing my grandparents the picture of Obama without his hand on his heart during the pledge and my uncle read my grandmother that bogus thing about Obama's "muslim connections" and how they want to "destroy America from the inside out" and they bought it. These are serious questions thousands of voters will have....you can not shrug it off.

I don't think New Mexico will go for Obama against McCain. I was trending that way...but the more I think about McCain's Arizona homestate closeness...and his appeal to Hispanics...I think he would hold onto it.

I meant Colorado and Nevada. Obama will win those states because of latte liberals in Boulder and Las Vegas.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2008, 04:44:57 PM »

Roll Eyes

I meant Colorado and Nevada. Obama will win those states because of latte liberals in Boulder and Las Vegas.

Yeah, quite possible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies