You Democrats make me laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:03:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  You Democrats make me laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: You Democrats make me laugh  (Read 3984 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2008, 06:27:04 PM »

Barack Obama will have an electoral landslide.  It will be much closer in popular vote.  He will sweep the close Republican states to achieve that creating a future map that is very different.

VA, CO, MS, OH, NV, and even FL will become democratic states. 

LOL at MS becoming Democratic

That's no more ridiculous than some of the claims you have made.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »

Barack Obama will have an electoral landslide.  It will be much closer in popular vote.  He will sweep the close Republican states to achieve that creating a future map that is very different.

That's no more ridiculous than some of the claims you have maid.

If you're going to insult me, I would prefer that you at least use spell check.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2008, 06:28:31 PM »

It didn't catch it because it's a correct word, just not the right one in that context. Moot point though.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2008, 06:32:59 PM »

I expect NC, SC, MO, OH, AR, TX, OK, KS, and GA to follow. McCain's hatred by the base will ensure that Obama wins this race by a huge margin electorally. The moderate Republicans can't stand a change. Only the racists in the midwestern states and Alabama will vote for McCain simply because they hate black people. And Arizona will be racist too and vote for McCain. Look for a map like this, circa 11/2008. This will set the stage for a permanent one party system post-2008. The GOP will be dead. People will be begging to become Democrats and elect Obama to a life term. The racist states are in blue:

agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »

I think Hillary would carry Arkansas.  Doubt Obama would.  As far as Va, McCain carries Virginia.  All those libs in NOVA voted for Kerry also - he still lost the state by 9 points.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »

I expect NC, SC, MO, OH, AR, TX, OK, KS, and GA to follow. McCain's hatred by the base will ensure that Obama wins this race by a huge margin electorally. The moderate Republicans can't stand a change. Only the racists in the midwestern states and Alabama will vote for McCain simply because they hate black people. And Arizona will be racist too and vote for McCain. Look for a map like this, circa 11/2008. This will set the stage for a permanent one party system post-2008. The GOP will be dead. People will be begging to become Democrats and elect Obama to a life term. The racist states are in blue:

Why be so generous to McCain? Why not give Obama the Almighty the rest of the blue states....?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2008, 06:51:22 PM by Torie »

Actually McCain will only win Utah. Idaho will be close, but Sun Valley will pull it out for Obama. Alaska will go to Obama due to the doper vote. Wyoming will go to Obama because the voting machines will only work in Jackson Hole. The idea that any of the ethanol states will vote for Mccain is ludicrous, so there go all the plains states. The white Baptists will stay home in the South because McCain is only a skin deep Baptist, and an Episcolpalean at heart. McCain holds Utah because of Romney's endorsement, given as a mere conduit per the orders of the new prophet, who just replaced the now dead one. Connect the dots.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2008, 06:58:08 PM »

Why be so generous to McCain? Why not give Obama the Almighty the rest of the blue states....?

Because, sadly, there are some states with lots of racists in them.

I think Hillary would carry Arkansas.  Doubt Obama would.  As far as Va, McCain carries Virginia.  All those libs in NOVA voted for Kerry also - he still lost the state by 9 points.

Well the county is now 4 times bigger and all of the new inhabitants are liberals. They alone will make up that 9 point difference. It's not out of the question that Obama carries the state by 9 in 2008.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2008, 06:59:44 PM »

LOL
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2008, 07:01:21 PM »

Racism doesnt exit within the realm of Obama the Almighty. You are mistaken my good sir...
8 out of 11 is not deserved
pollwatch99-b

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2008, 07:03:10 PM »

Sorry Missouri
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2008, 07:08:53 PM »

Racism doesnt exit within the realm of Obama the Almighty. You are mistaken my good sir...

Obama transcends race, my good sir! He doesn't even have a race. Many people think he's black, but he isn't! He isn't even white! He doesn't have a political party, nor is he a real politician! Nothing effects his historic run for the Presidency.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2008, 07:17:07 PM »

Obama transcends race, my good sir! He doesn't even have a race. Many people think he's black, but he isn't! He isn't even white! He doesn't have a political party, nor is he a real politician! Nothing effects his historic run for the Presidency.

I dare say you have hit the nail on the head ole chap! Splendid work! Cheesy
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2008, 07:29:11 PM »

Obama would need, at minimum, a 5% popular vote victory to carry Arkansas, and I suspect it might need to be more than that.  Quite frankly, Arkansas and West Virginia are two possible "Bush" states where Hillary as the nominee is much more advantageous to the Dems than Obama.  Actually, I probably should include Kentucky in that also, though probably about a 5% popular vote victory would be needed for Hillary to carry it.  Granted, this will equal out in some ways.  Colorado, for example, is one state where Hillary as nominee = death for Democrats.  Such is life.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2008, 08:46:10 PM »

... or a staunch liberal who was the most liberal in the U.S. Senate.

And don't forget, Biraq Hussein Osama was also raised a Muslim too!

Roll Eyes

Poke fun at it all you want, but this WILL become a major issue in the general election.

I agree.  It will be a HUGE issue.  Obama will be swift boated by another band of shameless liars. 

The only questions I have are...

1.   Will Obama fight back, rather than pull a John Kerry and try to act like an "above the fray" statesman?

2.   Will the American people fall for yet another steaming pile of donkey dookie shoveled by Faux News and the right wing noise machine?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2008, 08:53:16 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2008, 08:56:14 PM by JSojourner »

>>>> I don't think 65% of Americans want to see Al-Qaeda declaring victory over America in Iraq either.  <<<<

They won the minute we arrogantly and stupidly invaded a country that never attacked us.  They won by diverting us from the real battlefield, Afghanistan.  And they won when "The Decider" decided that "I don't really think about [Osama] that much".

Bad enough that Bush is the most corrupt President ever.  But did he have to compound his corruption with unending ineptness and limitless stupidty?

Shoot, I'd take Nixon ANY day over this moron. At least Nixon did some good things.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2008, 08:56:23 PM »

It won't be a huge issue because it's completely baseless. It's blatantly obvious Obama is not a Muslim, and never was a Muslim. Anyone who refuses accept this now is some right wing lemming who never will. It's not like McCain or some 527 can run ads claiming this without huge backlash and looking like the stupidest people in the world in the process.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2008, 09:04:54 PM »

It won't be a huge issue because it's completely baseless.

BRTD, the viscious lies and slurs about John Kerry's war record in 2004 were completely baseless.  The right wing talk radio lies aimed at Max Cleland (to say nothing of the RNC equating him with Osama) in 2002 were completely baseless.  The ludicrous claims of Bush, Rove, et al that McCain had a bastard black child and may be mentally ill in 2000 -- those were baseless.

How about the one where Bill and Hillary had people murdered?

Or where Al Gore blamed "good Christian people" for destroying the earth?

There's no limit to what these extremists will come up with.

But I am hoping that the American people won't be fooled this time.  And that John McCain is good and decent enough to condemn these attacks when they will (inevitably) be made on his behalf.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2008, 09:08:12 PM »

The problem with Kerry is that it was more difficult to disprove and he did nothing expecting it to go away. That's not true because it's blatantly false and impossible to back up in any way unlike bringing up some guys who "served with Kerry" in Vietnam to spread lies.

The talk about Bill and Hillary having people murdered in Arkansas is a good analogy because no one believe that nonsense except a few right wing morons. That's exactly the case with believing Obama is a Muslim. There is absolutely NO validitity to that statement whatseover. None. It's like asking how John McCain's 1986 conviction for beating his wife will affect the campaign.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »

The problem with Kerry is that it was more difficult to disprove and he did nothing expecting it to go away. That's not true because it's blatantly false and impossible to back up in any way unlike bringing up some guys who "served with Kerry" in Vietnam to spread lies.

The talk about Bill and Hillary having people murdered in Arkansas is a good analogy because no one believe that nonsense except a few right wing morons. That's exactly the case with believing Obama is a Muslim. There is absolutely NO validitity to that statement whatseover. None. It's like asking how John McCain's 1986 conviction for beating his wife will affect the campaign.

Well, I hope you're right.

I tend to believe people are pretty stupid and gullible.  But keep in mind, I live in one of the most conservative, "born again" states in America.  People here really DID believe (and still do) that the Clintons had people murdered.  Not a majority, but I'd bet you my right nut that a large minority did and still do.  Hoosiers tend to worship at the altars of Rush Limbaugh, James Dobson and Michael Savage.

But you are dead-on right, BRTD -- the Obama allegation is utterly baseless and very easily disproved. I do think, however, Faux news and the right wing lie machine will run it up the flagpole. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2008, 09:28:15 PM »

It's blatantly obvious Obama is not a Muslim, and never was a Muslim.

I don't know how it's blatantly obvious but ok. I know he's not and anyone who isn't stubborn will realize that but that's not the point here. Plenty of stubborn people vote.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2008, 09:30:40 PM »

He needs to get his ass out there and face those that did this to him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2008, 09:32:30 PM »

I don't know how it's blatantly obvious but ok. I know he's not and anyone who isn't stubborn will realize that but that's not the point here. Plenty of stubborn people vote.

But how many of these stubborn idiots would vote for him anyway?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »

Lies, deceit and smears could ensure that John McCain defeats Barack Obama in any general election

This would be a battle yesterday and tomorrow; the politics of fear against the politics of hope; pessimism vs optimism; putridly restrictive ideology vs noble emancipatory ideals; staidness vs charisma; the wrong direction vs the right direction, of course, this latter point is more open to dispute depending on where you stand on the issues

Any one who wants change and feels the country is heading in the wrong direction (most voters by the last count) sure as hell won't vote for staid, tired, old John McCain, who despite being something of an independent-thinking maverick among Republicans, has still aided and abetted the incompetence and failure of the last 8 years more than any Democratic presidential nominee has!

The Republicans should have thought long and hard back in 2000. Perhaps, had you been savvy enough to nominate McCain then things might have turned out for the better BUT I'm afraid the good (for a Republican, that is) senator from Arizona is EIGHT YEARS TOO LATE. Gotta move on and YES, YOU CAN Smiley

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2008, 11:18:53 PM »

But how many of these stubborn idiots would vote for him anyway?

I can think of plenty who aren't exactly thrilled with the GOP and Bush and never really have been...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies