End of the Budget Amendment [Withdrawn]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:45:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  End of the Budget Amendment [Withdrawn]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: End of the Budget Amendment [Withdrawn]  (Read 5836 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »

I object.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 06:42:37 PM »

FTR, I do as well.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 06:49:50 PM »

*sigh*

Speed of Sound, for someone who complained monstrously about the Senate not doing anything about the budget, you are certainly being obstructionist about it.

Anyway, Senators have forty-eight hours to volunteer to assume sponsorship, more or less.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 08:10:47 PM »

*sigh*

Speed of Sound, for someone who complained monstrously about the Senate not doing anything about the budget, you are certainly being obstructionist about it.

Anyway, Senators have forty-eight hours to volunteer to assume sponsorship, more or less.
I wanna kill this bill because I wanted to kill the budget. I hate this new bill because any senator can work on the budget whenever NOW. This doesnt do anything. Nobody cares that the senate hasnt done sh**t, and any senator can do whatever with the budget right now whenever, and we could pass whenever and no one would care. Theres no need to change the legal wording to make it 'legal'. All the amendment did was kill the chance to rid ourselves of the budget we havent passed in two and a half years.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2008, 08:20:56 PM »

I agree.  If the compromise version is passed, it kills our chances of actually removing the budget as we should do.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2008, 08:22:27 PM »

*sigh*

I wanna kill this bill because I wanted to kill the budget. I hate this new bill because any senator can work on the budget whenever NOW. This doesnt do anything. Nobody cares that the senate hasnt done sh**t, and any senator can do whatever with the budget right now whenever, and we could pass whenever and no one would care. Theres no need to change the legal wording to make it 'legal'. All the amendment did was kill the chance to rid ourselves of the budget we havent passed in two and a half years.

Your purism is never going to pass the Senate and the population. It is time to compromise on the issue.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2008, 08:25:31 PM »

*sigh*

Your purism is never going to pass the Senate and the population. It is time to compromise on the issue.
This isnt a compromise. This is what we already do.

It doesnt matter anyway. You dont have to be bothered by me for much longer. Just hold out some new puppet senators endorsement until Im gone and then you dont have to hear from me.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »

I volunteer to pick up sponsorship, then.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2008, 08:50:47 PM »

*sigh*

I wanna kill this bill because I wanted to kill the budget. I hate this new bill because any senator can work on the budget whenever NOW.

100% incorrect.  To work on the budget, Atlasia would require a GM, because such a rule is enshrined in the constitution.  Any budget worked on and passed without a GM would rightly be declared unconstitutional.  I refuse to further work on a budget until it is legal to do so, because I do not want the work (that I am more than willing to do) get thrown  out the window by people like SoS and Ebowed.

We cannot have a budget, because the constitution does not allow us to have a budget because of the wording of the provision requiring us to have a budget.  It's a painfully bad way to have something in the constitution.

Fix it.  Don't just sit there.  Do something to make the situation better.  If my attempt at the budget fails, then I will gladly switch sides and kill the budget indefinitely.  But I'm unwilling to write it off until I'm given the opportunity to try.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2008, 09:24:25 PM »

*sigh*

I wanna kill this bill because I wanted to kill the budget. I hate this new bill because any senator can work on the budget whenever NOW.

100% incorrect.  To work on the budget, Atlasia would require a GM, because such a rule is enshrined in the constitution.  Any budget worked on and passed without a GM would rightly be declared unconstitutional.  I refuse to further work on a budget until it is legal to do so, because I do not want the work (that I am more than willing to do) get thrown  out the window by people like SoS and Ebowed.

We cannot have a budget, because the constitution does not allow us to have a budget because of the wording of the provision requiring us to have a budget.  It's a painfully bad way to have something in the constitution.

Fix it.  Don't just sit there.  Do something to make the situation better.  If my attempt at the budget fails, then I will gladly switch sides and kill the budget indefinitely.  But I'm unwilling to write it off until I'm given the opportunity to try.
'Fraid I cant do much of anything, as Im all but out of here. Also, dont refer to me in the third person. Its just plain wierd. Cheesy I refuse to back this as, instead of adding the GM, it gives less reason to re-instate one, which would be unfortunate.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2008, 10:56:33 PM »

I volunteer to pick up sponsorship, then.

I object.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2008, 11:00:19 PM »

We really need to fix that sponsorship-assumption problem.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2008, 11:02:47 PM »

The best way to fix it is to have a majority vote needed for someone to assume sponsorship.

ie, you assume sponsorship, I object, the Senate votes. If a majority approve you as sponsor, you assume sponsorship.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2008, 11:05:04 PM »

good idea. I'll introduce it now.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »

The best way to fix it is to have a majority vote needed for someone to assume sponsorship.

ie, you assume sponsorship, I object, the Senate votes. If a majority approve you as sponsor, you assume sponsorship.

That's what I'd like to see, too. I was working on a Resolution to amend the OSPR to allow for that; I see Sensei has already introduced something similar. It doesn't really fit the bill of what would be needed of such a Resolution, but it can be amended. Or, if it's still at the bottom of the queue at the beginning of the new Senate, I'll just introduce my own Resolution.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »

I suppose the good news is that even if a bill gets withdrawn with objections raised to assumptions of sponsorship, the new PPT Discretion slot can get the bill right back to the Senate floor with a new sponsor within mere days.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2008, 11:14:14 PM »

With seventy-two hours having elapsed, this legislation is withdrawn.

I will introduce the amended version of this legislation in the next Senate.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies