Comprehensive Drug Reform Bill [Vetoed; Failed] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:30:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Comprehensive Drug Reform Bill [Vetoed; Failed] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comprehensive Drug Reform Bill [Vetoed; Failed]  (Read 12611 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: February 20, 2008, 06:01:40 PM »

THere was quite a stir about a potential site in SF.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »

This is a great bill, shame we cant nationalize. Sad

I completely agree with Jake however. The taxpayers should not be forced to pay for the medical care of drugusers not looking to stop. All medical care? I think not. The State should not be subsidizing drug use. Also, why arent we taxing this stuff? We take the money and route it into the sobering program. I know it cant be a sales tax, since we're not selling it, but we can throw in a small entrance fee, no? After all, we're only providing most of our care, supposedly, to those looking to get clean anyway.

Im proposing this amendment:

Section 3: Safe Injection Sites
1. The federal government will invest $10 million FY 2009 in the construction of a Safe Injection Site in the District of Columbia.
2. No person using illicit drugs inside of a Safe Injection Site may face prosecution of any kind in relation to the possession or consumption of the drug.
3. All persons entering the Safe Injection Site will be provided with clean needle syringes and any medical care necessary free of charge.
4. A donation of a dollar will be requested upon entrance to the Site. This donation is not required. Donations of any size will be accepted, assuming it is a legal donation.

Bump for Verily.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 11:51:12 PM »

Bah. Xahar, when you correct me, correct me correctly Tongue

Anyway, we are now voting on the following amendment, and then on that previous one. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

I disagree with providing free medical treatment to those actively pursuing drug use.

Section Three is struck.

New Section Three
1. Atlasia shall invest $10 million in FY 2009 in an addiction treatment facility in the District of Columbia. Medical care shall be provided free of charge to all those attempting to end their addiction to illicit drugs.

Abstain

Uh...my bad.

[Take that, WalterMitty!]

That's why you're the PPT.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 02:33:12 PM »

Well, it looks like the end of this bill.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies