Right Bloc HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:57:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Right Bloc HQ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Right Bloc HQ  (Read 13039 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2008, 02:17:45 PM »
« edited: March 03, 2008, 02:11:36 PM by afleitch »

I thought it would make sense to gather us together for the first time to work on shared values and themes for the upcoming/to be announced election/parliamentary session. It's always good to stimulate interest Smiley
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »

Sounds good.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:49:38 PM »

How'd you make the cool logo?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:59:46 PM »

Paint Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:32:14 PM »

Party platforms. Part 1

Agriculture

The PC party is strongly committed to a strong agricultural infrastructure. A PC government would invest more money to aid struggling farms and to boost production of other farms.

The ACP is strongly committed to a strong agricultural infrastructure. An ACP led government would lead a broad review of farm aid, and reorganize our nation's agriculture to favor the individual farmer and market competition.

The PRD believes that agriculture should be decentralised with any remaining state owned assets dissolved and sold to individual farmers and landowners. Any agricultural policy should favour individual ownership and the free-market.

Justice

A strong justice system is essential to any government. A PC government would increase police presence in certain neighborhoods. A PC government would also establish minimum and significantly longer sentences for felons convicted of crimes related to drugs or violence, and would ensure that these are served in correctional centres.

The collapse of the former government has left Antilla in uncertain times. The ACP will establish a new police force, coordinated with strong community volunteers and neighborhood involvement. The ACP is also aware of the desire to preserve individual rights after a period of oppression, this is why the ACP will assure a universal Bill of Rights as well as instituting a system similar to the Miranda rights in the US.

The PRD believes in enforcing a small, unarmed civilian police force under the authority of the local government. Liberty is at the heart of Justice, therefore we will introduce a Bill of Rights to establish and protect the rights of the Antillan citizenry.

Trade and Trade Unions

An ACP government is committed to fair and free trade between nations, and would take steps to diversify markets by encouraging a competitive marketplace among other policies. Unions will only exist in democratic form, and secret ballots will be required for all Union votes. Union membership will never be required to work.

A PC government is committed to fair and free trade between nations, and would take steps to diversify markets by encouraging a competitive marketplace among other policies. The Progressive Conservative Party urges the democratization of trade unions to ensure fairer representation for workers. We believe that no revolutionary tendencies within unions should be allowed. The Progressive Conservative Party supports raising the minimum wage.

The PRD is committed to free trade and the removal of all tariffs and government subsidies. We support the reform of labour laws to enforce employer driven democracy within the trade unions.

Education
The ACP believes in greater control of primary education by administrators, teachers, and parents. Decisions will take place for a large part on a provincial basis, with a nationwide examination of results every year. The government will publish a report on progress from each province every summer, leaving local educators to adjust their performance as felt required. Any district that is deemed required to or asking for additional federal aid can gain such by entering a 3 year period of administration where federal monies are largely increased to be used for improvement. The said district will also undergo a 3 year audit by the federal education board to determine what changes need to be made to prevent futher periods of administration.

A PC government would ensure additional funding for post-secondary education. A PC government would support annual testing of all students on established evaluations in all subjects studied. Results, in exact percentages, would be compared to provincial, national, and district-wide averages. The PC government would ensure continued funding and support to public education.
A PC government would include Antillian History courses in all junior and high schools in Antillia, and a course in World Religions. Mandatory Physical and Health education courses would also be established, in addition to various Career exploration programs in various careers and trades.

The PRD supports the creation of independent day schools and the establishment of an 'assisted places scheme' to allow the bright, motivated but poor access to a private academic learning environment. We believe that state schools should diversify internally and we support both streaming and setting of pupils by ability to ensure the bright are motivated and those who struggle are given due attention.

Government

A PC government would ensure more free votes on important issues, support referendum when necessary. Equally, a PC government would support de-centralization and federalism to protect Antillia's ethnic and linguistic diversity. Other measures, such as electoral reform, term limit, and direct democracy will be studied by an independent parliamentary and citizen commission.

Environment

The ACP is determined make Antilla an efficient, clean, and productive country. A commission to be elected from the members of Parliament will undergo a one year review of the state of the environment in Antilla, as well as touring other Western countries to determine the right balance between industry and conservation.

Living in a clean environment should be an important issue for any government. The Progressive Conservative Party supports ratification of the Kyoto Protocol and supports further funding in renewable energy and clean technologies. A PC government would be committed to a clean soil, air, and water and would support water conservation. An independent permanent commission would be set up to advise the government on environmental issues.

The PRD supports the need for national and local action to ensure the stability of our environment. We support door to door recycling, the expansion of hydro-electric schemes and support efforts to make Antilla energy independent within the next decade.

Social Policy and Language

The ACP strongly opposes discrimination based on race, ability, sexuality, or personal choices. The ACP refuses to apply a blanket standard on Gay marriage or Civil unions, and prefers that the issue be decided on a provincial basis.

The Progressive Conservative Party condemns discrimination based upon religion, ethnic origin, age, gender, language, politics or social standing. The Progressive Conservative Party supports civil unions for homosexuals. The Progressive Conservative Party supports the principle of English and French as the language of commerce, society and education in Antillia. Provinces should also be able to make language regulations to accommodate various linguistic groups in that province as long as these laws are within their constitutional rights and do not trample on national official language policy. The Progressive Conservative Party supports a women's right to choose within the first months of the fetus' development. However, the Progressive Conservative Party opposes any abortion in the last months of developmenT.

The PRD supports unlimited abortion rights within a woman's first trimester and civil unions for gay men and lesbian couples. We support widespread use, encouragement and institutionalisation of the Antillan French language, by both state and citizenry within historically French speaking towns and provinces. We however, accept the status of English as our language of international communication.

Immigration

The ACP strongly supports the skilled, legal immigration our country currently needs. The ACP supports and idea of a point system that gives hardworking, educated, productive foreigners an accelerated path to citizenship. Illegal immigration is exactly that, illegal, and will be treated as such. A strong border patrol and enforcement force will be established to ensure the safety of Antillian citizens.

The Progressive Conservative Party supports needed and legal immigration. The Progressive Conservative Party supports a fair immigration system based on a "point system" with an advantage given to financially capable, criminally sound, and those with needed skills. The Progressive Conservative Party strongly supports the integration of immigrants in the society.

The PRD supports the need for economic migration and supports the use of a 'points system' to determine entry. We believe in the integration of migrants within one of Antilla's 'communities' and  will ensure that state and local government will assess housing and infrastructure before migrants are given suitable homes to guard against ethnic ghettos and inner city slums.

Finance

A PC government would take steps to eliminate the deficit and would include tax cuts in yearly budgets if the budget or the current financial state of the country allows for it. A PC government would also lower the business tax. We oppose any tax on water. In the eventuality of a surplus, extra funs would be directed to health care and education.

The PRD support a root to branch overhaul of the state sector and a programme of immediate de-nationalisation and deregulation. We support income tax reduction and low flat rate business taxes to encourage growth and investment. We support the creation of private telecommunications companies and will support investment in our communications infrastructure.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »

It is important we set up some degree of structure in the Right Bloc to ensure we are equipped to stand our ground against the left. While we are aware that the diversity within economic policy and between social policy within the parties of the left creates a fragile alliance we cannot take dissent for granted.

I propose we nominate a 'Bloc Leader'
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 03:59:23 AM »

I put forth the nomination of Alexandre Macdonald Denoix.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »

I would accept the nomination if the bloc chooses.

On other matters it may be necessary to establish spokemen to both confront or work with the left and stand up for the electorate. I would propose the following portfolios;

Finance Spokesman (Economy, budget, finance)
Home Affairs Spokesman (Crime, law and order, national security)
Foreign Affairs Spokesman (Diplomacy, International relations, defence)
Welfare Spokesman (Health, education, Francophone rights etc)

These can be combined or split as time progresses.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »

Seconded
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 10:36:09 PM »

I support Alexandre Macdonald Denoix and seeing that both PC members do so, the PC officially supports him.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 10:46:51 PM »

I would accept the nomination if the bloc chooses.

On other matters it may be necessary to establish spokemen to both confront or work with the left and stand up for the electorate. I would propose the following portfolios;

Finance Spokesman (Economy, budget, finance)
Home Affairs Spokesman (Crime, law and order, national security)
Foreign Affairs Spokesman (Diplomacy, International relations, defence)
Welfare Spokesman (Health, education, Francophone rights etc)

These can be combined or split as time progresses.

I reckon this makes sense.  I wouldn't mind a spell as Home Affairs Spokesman, myself.

-Davey
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 11:12:39 PM »

I'd like Bertie Flynn's name put forth for the position of Welfare Spokesman. I would put my name forth for the Foreign Spokesmanship, but I won't because we have many quality candidates to would fill the position better than myself Smiley.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 11:19:09 PM »

I put my name out for Foreign Affairs.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 03:44:11 AM »

I'd like to compete for the foreign position.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 05:17:14 AM »

Ii will accept the position of bloc leader if there are no objections. If none are recieved I propose the following shadow cabinet structure

Mr Alexandre Denoix (PRD) - Leader
Mr William Tudor (ACP) - Deputy Leader and Financial Affairs
Mr Jack Cooke (PC) - Foreign Affairs
Mr Davey Jones (ACP) - Home Affairs
Mr Bertie Flynn (PC) - Welfare Affairs

I have judged each individual on their political strengths. I have also strived to reach a balance in party representation. Naturally this is a streamlined shadow cabinet, but I expect it to grow, with roles being created as we progress and to oppose any front bench within left bloc (particularly if the Left Bloc splt Welfare into seperate Health and Education portfolios). I can see scope for a Trade and Industry post, should we embark on a mission do de-nationalise and de-regulate state owned industries and a post for Constitutional and Minority affairs in the near future. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Each portfolio is that individuals responsibility to research and hopefully implement. Every shadow cabinet member is encouraged to recruit junior secretaries to work within each shadow ministry to develop policy. We are a Bloc not a Party. You have free reign to develop, to contribute and to criticise and that I believe to be a strength.

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 12:16:41 PM »

Trade is not my strength but I will agree to this, I enjoy the appeasement of Deputy leader Smiley

I'm more interested in the lack of a Chancellor, will we not be having one of those?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 05:06:10 PM »

Trade is not my strength but I will agree to this, I enjoy the appeasement of Deputy leader Smiley

I'm more interested in the lack of a Chancellor, will we not be having one of those?

The finance portfolio is pretty much the same as the Chancellor.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »

Ii will accept the position of bloc leader if there are no objections. If none are recieved I propose the following shadow cabinet structure

Mr Alexandre Denoix (PRD) - Leader
Mr William Tudor (ACP) - Deputy Leader and Financial Affairs
Mr Jack Cooke (PC) - Foreign Affairs
Mr Davey Jones (ACP) - Home Affairs
Mr Bertie Flynn (PC) - Welfare Affairs

I have no objection to that what-so-ever.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 12:41:22 AM »

Chancellor sounds so much cooler
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 12:43:48 AM »

Chancellor sounds so much cooler

I must admit, Chancellor sounds better than the plain old Finance Secretary or Minister.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 11:44:22 AM »

Should there be no onjections I would like to organise a meeting of the Shadow Cabinet this coming week.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 05:47:02 PM »

I plan to attend, Mon-surr Den-wah.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 03:03:46 PM »

First Shadow Cabinet Meeting

Secretaries, bloc supporters. It is my pleasure as bloc leader to announce the first meeting of the shadow cabinet. Let us be truthful; leftist politics will likely dominate the first new government. It is our duty to both oppose it where we must and work with it where we are able. Remember we worked together to remove the autocracy behind us. We must ensure that we do not construct bureaucracy ahead of us.

This first task of any right bloc and of all parties within it is to roll back the State. We have to be brutal about it. We are not proposing anything radical, but simply reconstructing our national economy to encourage the free market and economic liberalism and resulting growth that our friends on both sides of the Atlantic take for granted. We must also ensure that the liberties of the people are also secured.

In order to do so I feel that there is a need to propose a radical tax package. This is likely to result in tax reductions that we would be uncomfortable with in times of normalcy. Unfortunately these are not normal times and we must both restructure taxation and reduce the tax burden on business. We must also seek the de-nationalisation of state owend businesses. State owned utilities are another matter and would have to judge these on a case by case basis. I don't believe there are many of us, myself included who wish to hawk off public infrastructure at this stage. Neither do we want the Left to pretend to the public that we seek the dismantlement of the welfare state. We want a welfare state that is mean, lean and healthy but we also want an economy that is competative.

The shadow cabinet is welcome at this stage to discuss this further and raise objection. Those rights will be extended at every meeting so take it as go.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 10:16:03 PM »

I believe I would like to be called Shadow Chancellor if it pleases the group.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 12:23:02 AM »

I believe I would like to be called Shadow Chancellor if it pleases the group.

Aye to that and to the plan put forth by our leader.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies