Congrats to Obama. Hillary is finished. The house fell on her last night
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:41:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Congrats to Obama. Hillary is finished. The house fell on her last night
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congrats to Obama. Hillary is finished. The house fell on her last night  (Read 3560 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2008, 09:53:17 AM »

My wife and I had intended to vote for Obama in the primary and then attend the caucuses.  That's not necessary any longer.  Her poll numbers will now collapse in Texas.  There are some Republican down ballot races I wanted to vote on which which I was willing to forego.  I can now vote in the Republican Primary afterall confident that the witch is dead and is not coming back.

No Clinton restoration.  The Clinton copresidency is done.  Congrats Dems.  You are free at last and along with you, so is the country.  Clintons RIP.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:57:16 AM »

I would still urge you and your wife to vote for Obama. The polls may be not correct after all -> see California.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »

I would still urge you and your wife to vote for Obama. The polls may be not correct after all -> see California.

NEVER count the Clintons out.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:16:31 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2008, 10:18:45 AM by agcatter »

She's done guys. 

The next phase is for her to go completely negative and her PI people to try to dig up dirt on the guy.  I know what the Clintons are capable of and all when it comes to getting and keeping power.  However, anything they do this late only looks like desperation and will backfire.

My compliments to the Obama campaign.  I never in my wildest dreams believed he could take these people out.  Brilliant campaign.  It's over.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:20:57 AM »

My compliments to the Obama campaign.  I never in my wildest dreams believed he could take these people on and defeat them.  Brilliant campaign.  It's over.

You have to remember that there has always been a very strong anti-Clinton segment among Democratic primary voters. I'd estimate that segment around 50%. Early on Obama, Edwards and Richardson were splitting the anti-Hillary vote and after Richardson and Edwards dropped out that segment coalesced around Obama. And then Obama started getting a good amount of soft Clinton supporters to switch over once they saw how strong his campaign was.

And another truth is that Obama is just an extremely good candidate, very sincere and very charismatic. The best public speaker of any presidential candidate of our lifetimes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 10:23:40 AM »

If she still wins the big three, she'll find some way...
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 10:28:02 AM »

Look, I don't agree with more than 5% of what Obama says about issues.  However, it's hard to dislike him like it is with Hillary.  I suspect that is why he's a tougher opponent in November than Hillary would ever be.

Hillary RIP.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 10:49:51 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2008, 10:52:05 AM by auburntiger »

Likewise. I like Obama personally, but don't agree with him on alot of the issues, hence I voted for McCain in the primary, and will vote for him in the GE. But I am glad that we won't have to see Hillary's face for a possible 4 or 8 years in the WH. What are the chances though that the Michigan and Florida delegates will be seated at the DNC?

Actually, everyone might want to wait until Texas. If Obama takes TX, then yes she will have reached the point of no return
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 10:59:16 AM »

The game isn't over yet, though it is always nice to see Killary get the short-end of the stick.  As long as the two of them are close going into the convention... that's all I want to see.  It will make it even sweeter when the Superdelegates tell her to take a hike and she starts to throw a fit.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 11:08:10 AM »

I guess we will now see more red faced Bill Clinton moments of him blowing his stack.

It would be really entertaining if we could finally see one of the real Hillary's famous tantrums she throws in private out in the open in public.  Probably won't happen, but wouldn't that be delicious?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »

I guess we will now see more red faced Bill Clinton moments of him blowing his stack.

It would be really entertaining if we could finally see one of the real Hillary's famous tantrums she throws in private out in the open in public.  Probably won't happen, but wouldn't that be delicious?

I bet she dropped more F bombs in the last 24 hours than there were bombs dropped on D-day Wink
Jacobtm

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 04:03:58 PM »

A net loss of like 22 delegates burried Clinton last night?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »

It's definitely not over. If Clinton wins Texas and Ohio, then we are going at least until Pennsylvania on April 22. And of course, if Clinton wins Texas and Ohio, she'll probably win Pennsylvania too.

However if Obama wins one of the two (much more likely that'd be Texas than Ohio) the party brass will pressure Clinton to drop out big time.

Obama's momentum and the fact that recently he's been performing better on election day than the polls reflect however should be troubling to Clinton. Obama won the white vote in Wisconsin and managed to break even among those without a college degree and with incomes below 50k/year.

The big wildcard is how many Republicans and Independents vote in both states; both are open primaries.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2008, 04:43:53 PM by agcatter »

No, 22 delegates didn't bury Hill.  Losses 9 & 10 in a row and by huge margins did her in.

BTW, she could win 60% of Texas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania delegates (even the most optimistic Clintonians don't believe that), 2/3 of the delegates in Kentucky and W. Va, and get a draw in states he's favored in (NC, Alabama, Mississippi, and Oregon) plus win 50+1% in Indiana and she'd still trail slightly in committed delegates.

Obama's only problem is that Clinton Inc is in a corner now and they are going to come after him with everything they've got.  He will be bloodied some before the convention and thus he's at his peak in popularity  now - 8 months before the GE.  She'll wound him.  How much, we'll have to see.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 01:24:52 AM »

Obama's only problem is that Clinton Inc is in a corner now and they are going to come after him with everything they've got.  He will be bloodied some before the convention and thus he's at his peak in popularity  now - 8 months before the GE.  She'll wound him.  How much, we'll have to see.

But what can she throw at him that she hasn't already? She and Bill played the race card and it backfired, they spread rumors that he was a Muslim and did  everything short of calling him "Barack Muhammad Hussein Obama" to drive home the point. They went progressively more negative and it backfired. She sent Bill out to campaign for the black vote and it failed. The flipside of Obama's relative lack of experience in elected office is that he has few or no scandals: the Rezko thing is flimsy at best and nobody cares that he did drugs when he was a teenager.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »

You are right, she's about out of ammo.  I have no doubt their army of private eyes have been digging for months and if they find anything they'll use it.  That's just the way the Clintons work.  They'll use their flunkies to spread any dirt they can without it coming directly from their own mouths.

Of course, they may not have anything new.  The old stuff like drugs and the Muslim stuff won't work in a primary made up overwhelming of liberals.  No one cares about past drug use.  I sure don't.  He could be vulnerable in the general election due to the fact that he's tracked further and further left.  Nothing that helps Hillary in the primary however.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 08:56:36 PM »

His ability to be reasonable in the GE will be his key to victory. If he can do that, he will win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies