Left Bloc HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:59:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Left Bloc HQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Left Bloc HQ  (Read 30246 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »

OOC:

I think (though I could be very wrong) that the problem here is that Hugh is working on this basis:

All parties, please align yourselves to the Left or Rght in this thread.

Both blocs shall have 20 gauranteed members of parliament, with the other 10 being determined proportionally by the size of each bloc-so if 60% of members are aligned to the Left bloc, they get 6/10 seats, for example.

While Andrew isn't.

OOC -

That's not really too much of an issue. Its more about the idea of forming an administration without an 'election' beforehand. It seems ludicrous that after a dictatorship any democrat on either bloc would be presumtive about which bloc forms a government simply because one has more members than the other. I don't think the outside world would take too kindly to that either. We should either have a short period of 'unity' government before an election or not form a government until one is held.

I agree with Mister Denoix.  Before we can have a true national government we must prove to the people we will not become worse than the dictatorship we overthrew.  We must show them that we as a government can be trusted to have their best interests at heart and to work together to set up our initial government.  After all the first government will be to set up the government as a whole, therefore I doubt the debate will be down bloc lines but rather by individuals personal consciences.  After the first government I think it is all well and good to go at eachother along bloc or party lines but not before then.  We must not misuse the people's trust now or ever!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2008, 10:29:48 PM »

I have a better idea. There must be an interim government in place right now. Let's get to work on a Constitution, get it approved and then hold elections, but not form a government before then.

-S.A. Khan
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »

AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

The conversion of Dockers House into our hq is basically complete. All members of all member parties should register here: http://aewatson.proboards53.com/index.cgi

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2008, 11:50:15 AM »

I have been called upon to present my personal opinion. I do so reluctantly as I do not wish to prejudice the vote on the proposal put forward by M. Denoix, but as there has been a distinct lack of voting so far I will risk doing so.

Whoever forms the first government of this new era in Antillia will represent an oligarchy, a powerful elite who will shape the future of Antillia for the years to come and into the new century.

That oligarchy will be lead either by the members of this bloc alone or with those of the Right bloc. M. Denoix's support for a cross-bloc cabinet in our meeting is understandable; it is a good ideal to hear all voices in the early days of our cabinet discussions.

That said, cabinet will be of remarkably litytle importance in the opening days, but rather parliament as a whole shall determine critical issues, as it should be. The first critical issue is to set up a system for a free and fair election, and to do that, we need a constitution.

The left dominates Antillian politics. Political activism is higher on our side, and polls suggest that as a whole we are more popular than our Right-wing counterparts. We have a legitimate claim to assume power whilst a vacuum exists, and yet to do so would be at the least reminiscent of the dictatorship[ we are so recently free of.

I support a cabinet of national unity. I ask the bloc to do so too. I assure you that if our bloc supports such a move, nothing shall be undertaken except the creation of a constitution and an implementation of elections in the near future, including decisions needed to get such processes underway. If there is an emergency of national significance, I will work with M. Denoix and all our fellow parliamentarians to resolve it in a rapid and complete manner, and I will protect the nation from right-wing policies that would be harmful to our new democracy.

In short, I ask the members of the left bloc to trust my leadership and M. Denoix's capacity to be truly non-partisan. I also azsk for your support in moving towards elections as soon as possible, and that will mean a few days and weeks of increased activity.

If and when I take on the role of Prime Minister, the first of this era, I hope to do so with the support of my party, my bloc, my parliament and my country. If I cannot do so, I will not do so. I will absolutely not be a dictator; but I absolutely will be true to my moral, political and national obligations and I will not compromise to M. Denoix or anyone if it would be harmful.

I request the Left bloc to support the cross-bloc cabinet proposal.
perdedor

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2008, 12:11:36 PM »

*official statement on behalf of the Left Bloc*

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, people of Antillia and the world;

Four hours ago our nation first learned that Mr. Thurston Jones, aged 6, and a prominent member of the Antillian political scene, passed away.

We mourn his loss and commend him on his life of service. We sympathise with his family and friends, many of whom have signed this message today.

A sweet passage awaits.

x Vijay Prabhusanjil

(Please sign below)

X Elliott Barrett
perdedor

« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »

I must say that I am not very aroused by such absolutism in regards to the Left Bloc's symbolism. The logo for the Left Bloc should be one of unity and cooperation. I'm no visual artist, so any contribution I would add would be laughable at best. However, regardless of what our official color is, I do not see why our logo should be dominated by said color and devoid of other colors.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »

Strategic discussion is going on at Dockers House. I encourage one and all to come and join. The link is at the beginning of the thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies