Would you boycott a business owned by a Scientologist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:44:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Would you boycott a business owned by a Scientologist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you boycott a business owned by a Scientologist?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Would you boycott a business owned by a Scientologist?  (Read 6530 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:02:38 PM »

Yes.

In addition if I found out my kid had a Scientologist teacher I would call the school and demand that my kid be removed from that class and lead a campaign to have the teacher fired.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »

of course not. Their religious views, however dumb and misguided, don't deserve a boycott.

Keep in mind that by giving them money you're giving them more money to give back to your cult. So you are funding Scientology in a way.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 02:33:06 AM »

Only if that individual was also involved in the church's more unscrupulous activities. If he was simply a member of the rank and file people who were gulled into it, then no. My beef with the Church of Scientology is how it treats its members and its critics - if they cleaned up their act like the Free Zone practitioners of Scientology they'd just be another group of religious people who follow something that was made up.

BRTD, the type of bigotry you endorse is harmful to the movement against Scientology. It gives them the ability to legitimately claim their religion, and not their organization and its practices, is being discriminated against.

But like I said, if you give money to a Scientologist, you are indirectly funding the organization. I don't want a penny of mine eventually finding its way back to that cult. That's the reason why. As for my kid being taught by a Scientologist, I don't want my kid's head being filled with that garbage.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »

If I'm bigoted then what's Germany? The government there monitors Scientology similar to minotoring of the mob and terrorist groups and might ban it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »

Current German government != Nazi regime
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length