Do Republicans still post here?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:25:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Do Republicans still post here?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do Republicans still post here?  (Read 5789 times)
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 04:30:41 AM »

Is the libertarian ex-wing of the GOP welcome back under the tent?  If so, I guess I'm a Republican; but so far it seems that Focus on the Family trumps the Club for Growth whenever there is a disagreement, so I'm technically registered as an independent.  Although, if I'm not doing anything next Tuesday, I might go to the primary election here in Ohio and either vote for Ron Paul or against Hillary Clinton, which would make me an actual registered Republican or Democrat respectively (by voting in a party primary in OH, you formally register as a member of that party).
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 10:12:14 AM »

Which is why I'm grateful to this day to Howard Dean.  More than anything, he made me proud to be a Democrat again.  The GOP needs a firebreather, not a dessicated fossil they're running.

Howard Dean is pretty much the least important reason for the Democratic revival over the past few years.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 01:27:55 PM »

Here you can do same-day, and you register with either the Republican or Democrat party to vote in the caucus.  Since I like Paul, I registered as a Republican.  (Hence the avatar.)  However, since I'm strongly opposed to same-day registration, I actually went out of my way to register in person at the county seat at least a month before the caucus.  If the election were yet to come in my state, and I'm already knowing who the eventual nominee of one party is, but not who the nominee of the other will be, I might take a page from your book and register as a Democrat and vote specifically against Clinton.  Luckily it didn't work out that way, because I don't fancy the red avatars.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »

Do the Republicans here still consider me a Republican? If so, Hello!
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 03:59:21 PM »

What we might need is some sort of Atlas census - we would take it every year and it would be a comprehensive questionaire on partisan ID, ideology, issues, etc... then we would know the answer to this question.  I nominate Al and Alcon to be the census bureau Smiley

That's a really good idea, hopefully it might come to something eventually? 
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »

What we might need is some sort of Atlas census - we would take it every year and it would be a comprehensive questionaire on partisan ID, ideology, issues, etc... then we would know the answer to this question.  I nominate Al and Alcon to be the census bureau Smiley

That's a great idea.
The Hack Hater
AloneinOregon
Virgin Islands, British

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 07:18:12 PM »

Well, Paul's ideas are a bit too radical for me, besides Oregon holds their primary on May 20, too late to make any difference more than likely.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 07:50:59 PM »

That's a great idea.

Ditto -and I strongly encourage Al and Alcon to start working on it.  Think of it as a more comprehensive version of the Political Matrix and Political Compass quizzes. 
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2008, 07:44:18 AM »

Seems like we all want this census. 
Whacker77

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 12:59:52 PM »

I'm glad to see there are still some Republicans here.  I was afraid the Democrats had taken over and made this there own site.  I'm not trying to rally the troops, but McCain win.  It may not work, but let's see how the voting public views Obama after his positions and voting record are better known.

What happened to Vorlon?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2008, 10:10:46 PM »

Yeah, I miss Vorlon.  That guy knows his sh**t.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2008, 12:20:06 AM »

Another Republican checking in. I can't say that I'm a typical Republican by any stretch of the imagination but I am registered in the party and indentify with it and will most likely be voting Republican for all national races, President, Senator, Representative, that I will be voting in in 2008.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2008, 05:08:51 PM »

im still here (occasionally) but im hardly the typical Republican lately (and despite being Republican, im part of the Obama "cult" as many of you call it, as i dont care for either Hillary or McCain)
jacob_101

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2008, 06:43:53 PM »

Hello there!  Still Republican but not on here much anymore.  Life is busy!  I am sure I will be visiting more often though as the election nears.
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2008, 07:53:22 PM »

Another Republican, just joined recently though.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies