Where is the anger over this!? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:43:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Where is the anger over this!? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where is the anger over this!?  (Read 8595 times)
stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
« on: August 17, 2004, 07:33:24 AM »

Nobody has said that they're going to kill Bush.  

I can show that this statement is false.

They're saying:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now the word "Gonna" is (according to dictionary.com) informal usage and is a contract of "going to."    The word "President" (again according to dictionary.com) can mean "The chief executive of the United States, serving as both chief of state and chief political executive. "  I know some people don't keep up with these things, but the current President's name is Bush.

So...as far as I can tell what is being said is that they're going to kill Bush.  

Now I do agree that Bush is the problem, but we should not defend these people by telling everyone that they're not saying what they're really saying.  
stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 07:27:54 PM »

Well, the whole premise is that we are living in a place like East Germany in the 1960' and 70's.  Really!?  Does anyone who has any sense fell "oppressed" by this Administration?

These people don't know what oppression is if they think we are being oppressed by Bush.

We want to make sure we don't end up like East Germany in the 60's and 70's.  No we're not there yet, but our government is bigger and more oppressive now than when Bush came  to power.  Every one of these steps must be fought and reversed.  Just because we're more free than any other country doesn't mean we have the amount of freedom we should have.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies