Where is the anger over this!? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:43:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Where is the anger over this!? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where is the anger over this!?  (Read 8603 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: August 16, 2004, 03:24:38 PM »

I'm Going to Kill the President the Play is all the rage among Liberals in NYC.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/10/92740.shtml

Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2004 9:25 a.m. EDT
NYC Welcomes GOP With 'Kill the President' Play

In advance of the GOP convention at the end of this month, New York City is being plastered with stickers that read "I'm Gonna Kill the President" - supposedly an advertisement for a new off-Broadway play staged by the anti-war protest group United for Peace and Justice.

"It's the name of a new comedy to run in the East Village during the Republican Convention," WABC Radio's George Weber reported Tuesday morning.

Weber called the box office to find out what could be funny about the murder of an American president, and got this recorded response:
"Howdy," chirped a spokesman. "You've reached the information and instruction hotline for 'I'm Gonna Kill the President - a Federal Offense."

The unidentified voice goes on to explain that the play is the story of a young man's plot to kidnap the president in hopes of sparking a revolution that installs a puppet Democracy - featuring real puppets.

The play also includes an audience participation segment where theater-goers are supposed to crank call the White House to demand that President Bush end the war in Iraq.

"If you're some kind of law enforcement agent or official, hang up now," the information hotline concludes. "There's nothing illegal happening here. Just some old-fashioned, constitutionally sanctioned fun."

After Weber's report, WABC's "Curtis & Kuby Show" was deluged with callers outraged over the radical thespian stunt.

Even Communist lawyer-turned-commentator Ron Kuby sounded irked, explaining, "Generally speaking, you cannot directly threaten the president's life." While the play might be "on the proper side of the First Amendment," he said, "it's not by much."

---------------------------

Before anyone says anything, who gives a crap if it is reported by NewsMax?  It is still true.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 02:09:24 AM »

Tell me where it says "I'm going to kill Bush" where it can be interpreted at all seriously.

Conservatives are so predictable, which makes arguing even more fruitless

The play is about two guys sitting around talking about what would be the best way to assassinate Bush.  And the they mention Bush by name several times.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 02:10:14 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2004, 02:14:04 AM by Vice-President Supersoulty »

Yes, it's in poor taste, but it's obviously a satire looking for shock value, which is exactly what it got.  Nobody has said that they're going to kill Bush.  "I'm Gonna Kill the President" is the title of the play.

I find it amazing how conservatives always accuse liberals of being against free speech but then want this charged as an act of sedition.

Check comment above.

I'm certain that if the play were about two guys sitting around talking about how to assassinate Clinton or Chirac, we would never here the end of it from the Left.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 02:24:53 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2004, 02:25:13 AM by Vice-President Supersoulty »

Then we also have this site:

http://www.nymetro.com/nymetro/news/people/columns/intelligencer/9552/

And this one:

http://jossip.com/dailyj/2003/10/29/seeing_the_play_mission_accomplished.php

Are there any sane people left on the Left?  Anyone want to comdem this behavior?  Funny how you will attack decorated Vietnam vets, but you can't bring yourselves to critizes this.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 02:26:26 AM »

Tell me where it says "I'm going to kill Bush" where it can be interpreted at all seriously.

Conservatives are so predictable, which makes arguing even more fruitless

The play is about two guys sitting around talking about what would be the best way to assassinate Bush.  And the they mention Bush by name several times.

I apologize, that is acctually the plot of a book coming out next month, not this play.  Sorry, I get my Left wing hate-rants confused.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 01:41:43 PM »

Well, the whole premise is that we are living in a place like East Germany in the 1960' and 70's.  Really!?  Does anyone who has any sense fell "oppressed" by this Administration?

These people don't know what oppression is if they think we are being oppressed by Bush.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies