MSNBC Debate - The Showdown
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:18:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  MSNBC Debate - The Showdown
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: MSNBC Debate - The Showdown  (Read 9353 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2008, 12:30:41 PM »

Tonight at 9 on MSNBC. This is Hillary's last stand. Make or break tonight, kid.

I have a feeling something big is going to happen tonight. This one won't be the civil debate we saw last week.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 12:31:47 PM »

Considering Hillary's tone as of late, Hillary will probably nail Obama hard. Let's see if he can hold his own.
NHPolitico

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 12:39:48 PM »

I predict sometime during the debate, Hillary will shiv Obama in the throat.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »

Brian Williams will be moderating, but I'm beginning to think that Jerry Springer would have been more appropriate.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 12:50:10 PM »

Predictions ....

Obama's opening will contain 25 uh's.  He will talk about change a lot without specifically saying how he'll make change happen and will remind everyone that he "didn't vote to authorize the use of force in Iraq".

Clinton's opening will sound a lot like a John Edwards opening.  She will also throw in comments about experience and the importance of this election to "the future of America".  She will also have her standard robotic voice.

As usual Clinton will have a better command of the issues but Obama will do a better job with the slogans.  The difference in their actual policy positions on most issues will be negligible.  Clinton will directly attack Obama but none of the shots will land as she really can't attack him without attacking herself.

At the end of the day this debate will matter about as much as Mike Gravel's candidacy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:51:12 PM »

At the end of the day this debate will matter about as much as Mike Gravel's candidacy.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 01:43:19 PM »

i also have a feeling hillary will try something big tonight.  hopefully it wont backfire.

im glad this isnt a campbell brown moderated debate.  jeez.  it is high school journalism time when she is around.  i was half expecting her to ask the candidates what their cat's name was..
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »

It'll be interesting, hopefully she does say something that backfires on her, there's already been plenty of things that should have.
M

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 01:54:29 PM »

Predictions ....

Obama's opening will contain 25 uh's.

He doesn't start with uh's. The uh's come after he gets hit.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »

Predictions ....

During the last debate his opening contained 30 uh's.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 02:15:03 PM »

Predictions ....

During the last debate his opening contained 30 uh's.

he isnt a particularly good debater.

he is much better reading a speech full of platitudes from a teleprompter.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 03:16:22 PM »

Every time we expect these debates to be really contentious they never are... I'm not going to hold my breath
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 03:24:51 PM »

Every time we expect these debates to be really contentious they never are... I'm not going to hold my breath
Besides, the preference of those that watched the last debate shows that even in her normal strong point, debating, Hillary cant win these days. This wont matter a bit. Its like trying to plug up the Titanic with a wine cork.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »

Tonight at 9 on MSNBC. This is Hillary's last stand. Make or break tonight, kid.

I have a feeling something big is going to happen tonight. This one won't be the civil debate we saw last week.

Phil, I'll be shocked if she can piss Obama off to the point he loses it or hurts himself.  Agree?  Disagree?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 06:31:53 PM »

Phil, I'll be shocked if she can piss Obama off to the point he loses it or hurts himself.  Agree?  Disagree?

He might not completely lose it but I think she's really going to irritate him tonight. I'm expecting a real zinger from her, too.  Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 06:34:09 PM »

He might not completely lose it but I think she's really going to irritate him tonight. I'm expecting a real zinger from her, too.  Smiley

Does it even matter? I hear even if she wins every single delegate left...she's pretty much toast.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 06:36:50 PM »

Does it even matter? I hear even if she wins every single delegate left...she's pretty much toast.

No one will get the necessary amount of delegates before the convention. It's a fight for momentum.
Angel of Death
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 06:47:58 PM »

Like "change you can xerox"? Yeah, that went well(!)
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »

What happens if a candidate sneezes during a debate?  Not once have I ever seen one of the candidates sneeze.  They must suppress it or something.

What if one of the candidates sneezes and everyone says bless you?  What then?  How awkward would that be?
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 07:43:48 PM »

What if one of the candidates sneezes and everyone says bless you?  What then?  How awkward would that be?

The candidate would simply thank the blessers and move on.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »

What happens if a candidate sneezes during a debate?  Not once have I ever seen one of the candidates sneeze.  They must suppress it or something.

I'm pretty sure Bill Richardson cut a huge and nasty fart during the New Hampshire debate.  Hillary must have been sitting downwind, because she screwed her face up like a cat's anus at one point.  Moreso than usual.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure Bill Richardson cut a huge and nasty fart during the New Hampshire debate.  Hillary must have been sitting downwind, because she screwed her face up like a cat's anus at one point.  Moreso than usual.

Someone should have called doorknob.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 08:00:20 PM »

Ugh...I'm watching local television and I've seen three Obama ads in 10 minutes. "We can end the war and have diplomacy" what a sissy whimp conflict-afraid argument. Obama needs to quit the liberalism if he wants a shot in November.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 08:04:09 PM »

Ugh...I'm watching local television and I've seen three Obama ads in 10 minutes. "We can end the war and have diplomacy" what a sissy whimp conflict-afraid argument. Obama needs to quit the liberalism if he wants a shot in November.
YEAH. PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT DIPLOMACY ARE SISSIES. LET'S JUST NUKE ALL THOSE DAMN MUSLIMS.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 08:04:28 PM »

YEAH. PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT DIPLOMACY ARE SISSIES. LET'S JUST NUKE ALL THOSE DAMN MUSLIMS.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies