Wow, I almost feel sorry for Hillary in Texas.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:18:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Wow, I almost feel sorry for Hillary in Texas.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Wow, I almost feel sorry for Hillary in Texas.  (Read 5737 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:14 AM »

Don't worry.  I probably will never get to that point.  Talk about getting outgunned.  Obama must have more money than God.  I watch a lot of television.  The last two nights I've watched the local network affiliate news at 6 and 10.  Two different Obama commercials during the 6:00 news.  Two more during the 10 newscast.  We watched a rerun of Two and a Half Men on an independent Houston station 10:30 - 11.  Three more Obama ads and two of them were the full minute long ads.  Was watching the Today show this morning and you guessed it - first commercial break - a new one minute Obama ad that I haven't seen yet.  Total Hillary ads during the same periods - zero.

I'm a political junkie and notice the political ads during election cycles.  I've never in my life seen anything like this kind of saturation by a single political candidate.  Crap, no wonder this guy surges at the last minute in Virginia, wisconsin, and as the election nears here in Texas.  LOL.  This must be what it used to be like during election time during the Hussein reign in Iraq.  Haha.  Uh, it's like a nonstop propaganda campaign.   I've heard it said that Hillary is being outspent 3 or 4 to 1.  I'm here to tell you that's not even close.  Try 10 to 1 or more.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:26:20 AM »

Thats one of the reasons I live in Connecticut. There wasnt many adds on TV for any candidate, and now we get to relax till the GE.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 10:30:53 AM »

I'll be surprised if more people don't join me in a backlash against this kind of inescapable propaganda.  I'm not switching on my TV again until after Tuesday.  Then I can enjoy the respite until the ads start bloating up my screen again exponentially later this year.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:08:12 AM »

Ha.  That's another reason I've enjoyed living in Texas.  During presidential GE campaigns over the last 3 or 4 elections we haven't had to endure any presidential ads from either side.  Must be brytal if you live in Ohio or say Wisconsin.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »

Ha.  That's another reason I've enjoyed living in Texas.  During presidential GE campaigns over the last 3 or 4 elections we haven't had to endure any presidential ads from either side.  Must be brytal if you live in Ohio or say Wisconsin.

Four years ago I tolerated it until around early October, and then stopped watching TV or listening to the radio until the following month.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »

I don't blame you.  I fear with Obama's millions, he'll probably run ads in Texas just to get his total popular vote total up.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 11:59:29 AM »

I don't blame you.  I fear with Obama's millions, he'll probably run ads in Texas just to get his total popular vote total up.

Apparently hes getting ready to buy 2 full minute ads for each state set to air monday [I think] right before the primaries.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »

Minnesota never had that much, although they were all Obama's and I never saw even one of Hillary's.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »

Yeah, he has probably raised 60 million +. I wouldn't be surprised.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 06:09:12 PM »

I don't know, it's pretty exciting to have people care about us for once. I rarely see campaign commercials here in Texas, and to blanketed in them is certainly a nice change of pace.

Also, Obama has apparently paid for 2 minute ads in Texas and Ohio. Let's hope he doesn't waste all his money before the general. Tongue
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 06:24:25 PM »

I don't know, it's pretty exciting to have people care about us for once. I rarely see campaign commercials here in Texas, and to blanketed in them is certainly a nice change of pace.

Also, Obama has apparently paid for 2 minute ads in Texas and Ohio. Let's hope he doesn't waste all his money before the general. Tongue

Yeah, I would have figured you guys would like all the attention you're getting for once. Bascially Texas has the opportunity to end Hillary for good and hand the nomination to Obama. So a lot is riding on Texas. You guys have a chance to be good for the Democratic party for once.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 07:23:53 PM »

Shouldn't be a problem. He's on track to $60 million in February while McCain is on track to $12 million (of which he might only be able to spend $5 million anyway).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 10:19:39 PM »

Rush Limbaugh is urging Republicans to vote for Hillary in both Texas and Ohio to keep the race going. He might be a great ally of hers.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 10:21:28 PM »

Rush Limbaugh is urging Republicans to vote for Hillary in both Texas and Ohio to keep the race going. He might be a great ally of hers.

Won't work. Rush Limbaugh is irrelevant. Just like his tirades against McCain.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 12:07:42 AM »

You have no idea.  During October you rarely see a commercial for any kinds of goods or services.  Its all campaign ads all the time ranging from county commissioner all the way up to president.  Its practically unbearable.  Lucky for me this year I have DVR to protect me. Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 11:00:55 AM »

Oh wow, remember when he urged his listeners to vote for Romney and Romney overwhelmingly won Super Tuesday, crushing that liberal John McCain and propelling the Mittster to the nomination? Obama is totally screwed.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 12:38:58 PM »

The Obama saturation of the airways continues.  Barack Obama all day every day.  Radio waves are constant Obama.  Television?  Obama nonstop.  I live in the Houston market.  Haven't heard a Hillary commercial on television or radio in a week.  Obama commercials - probably 50 or so - 6 television ads on prime time last night alone just while I was watching 6 to 10.  Another 5 that I counted on the local news and the independent station I watched 10:30 to 11.  That's two nights in a row.

I keep hearing how impressive it is that Obama's numbers go up dramatically when he actually starts campaigning in a state before a primary.  Hell, I've seen first hand here in Texas exactly why.  Total ad blitz by Obama beyond anything I've ever seen.  Hillary's response to her do or die primary here in the state?  Total and complete silence on the airwaves. 

The woman is completely and totally out of money I don't care how much she claims to have raised.  You don't go silent on the airwaves when you are in a do or die election unless you are flat out broke.  She is and she's finished.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »

DON'T feel sorry for her. That's when she stabs you in the back.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 09:33:16 PM »

The Obama saturation of the airways continues.  Barack Obama all day every day.  Radio waves are constant Obama.  Television?  Obama nonstop.  I live in the Houston market.  Haven't heard a Hillary commercial on television or radio in a week.  Obama commercials - probably 50 or so - 6 television ads on prime time last night alone just while I was watching 6 to 10.  Another 5 that I counted on the local news and the independent station I watched 10:30 to 11.  That's two nights in a row.

I keep hearing how impressive it is that Obama's numbers go up dramatically when he actually starts campaigning in a state before a primary.  Hell, I've seen first hand here in Texas exactly why.  Total ad blitz by Obama beyond anything I've ever seen.  Hillary's response to her do or die primary here in the state?  Total and complete silence on the airwaves. 

The woman is completely and totally out of money I don't care how much she claims to have raised.  You don't go silent on the airwaves when you are in a do or die election unless you are flat out broke.  She is and she's finished.

But do you think the overexposure could hurt Obama? Like, that people are so sick of hearing about him they'll vote for the other guy... er, gal?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 01:35:46 PM »

Exactly the same story here in Ohio. TV and radio ads for Obama at nearly every commercial break (prime time is less saturated). Someone came by our apartment complex and threw a sign on our doorknob reminding people to vote for Obama on Tuesday. I have encountered no ads or active campaigning for Clinton.

At this point Obama's numbers seem to be only able to go up. If he can close the gap even further in Texas and Ohio (indeed he already has in Texas some polls say), Clinton's basically finished.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »

Oh wow, remember when he urged his listeners to vote for Romney and Romney overwhelmingly won Super Tuesday, crushing that liberal John McCain and propelling the Mittster to the nomination? Obama is totally screwed.

That's the thing: I think a lot of ppl view Rush as an entertainer, plus a good portion of his listeners are liberals who listen to get riled up.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 09:49:54 AM »

Given the polls today, I'm starting to believe maybe the airways were oversatuated.  Not that Obama may not win Texas, I have no idea.  Just doesn't seem to be adding anything at this point to Obama momentum.  That appears to be stalled.

When you see the same thing every hour on the hour I'm sure you get oblivious to it.  Particularly after 6 weeks of it.  I mean, who are these ads reaching that they haven't already reached?  If you watched a lick of television you couldn't help but have seen each ad a zillion times.
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.13

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 11:18:21 PM »

Two reasons for me to not worry about watching a lot of campaign ads:

I live in Washington state. 
I don't watch much television.

In this sense it must be awesome to live in Massachusetts, Vermont, Alaska, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana or any other non-competitive states in the general.  I haven't seen one primary ad in my state.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 11:20:09 PM »

Thats one of the reasons I live in Connecticut. There wasnt many adds on TV for any candidate, and now we get to relax till the GE.

I got a direct caller ad from the Obama camp. His voice doesn't travel well on the telephone.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 11:58:30 PM »

Hillary feels sorry for you.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies