Opinon of Benazir Bhutto?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:47:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinon of Benazir Bhutto?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Opinon of Benazir Bhutto?  (Read 1088 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2008, 02:04:51 PM »

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 04:51:22 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2008, 04:57:52 PM by Preston »

HP, in practicality she'll be a force for everything she's spoken against.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »

HP, in practicality she'll be a force for everything she speaks against.

Why the present tense? She's dead.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »

HP, in practicality she'll be a force for everything she speaks against.

Why the present tense? She's dead.
Don't know what I was thinking, corected...but indeed the full effects of her life and assasination are yet to be seen.
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:17:39 PM »

horrible, horrible, horrible. Devious, decietful, corrupt, nepotistic woman. The only thing I give her credit for was how gobsmackingly brazen she was in inventing a persona for herself to the Western press and getting away with it. That takes some nerve.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 12:32:58 AM »

I give her credit despite all the corruption for leading a nearly fundamentalist Islamic country. Plus, I can't hate the least worst of the options in Pakistan.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:34:21 AM »

HP

More corrupt than anything out of Bangladesh.

And that's saying an unbelievable amount.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »

FF

I know she wasn't a saint. But all I've heard, here and in the press, is that she was "corrupt", but no one ever says why she was corrupt. Until then, she is a FF for being a secular female leader of a large Muslim country, and being the least bad option, as someone above said.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 05:41:19 PM »

FF

I know she wasn't a saint. But all I've heard, here and in the press, is that she was "corrupt", but no one ever says why she was corrupt. Until then, she is a FF for being a secular female leader of a large Muslim country, and being the least bad option, as someone above said.
Well, you only need to go to Bhutto's Wikipedia for "why she was corrupt". It's pretty well sourced. There are literally hundreds of documents relating to Bhutto's corruption as primer minister, but she has managed to fool many in the West and has cast an image of herself as the only one who can bring democracy to Pakistan.

This New York Post article summarizes by position on Bhutto quite well. In death, thourgh which she became a martyr of democracy, she will be more useful to Pakistan than she ever was while she was alive.

In summary, HP.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »

FF

Well, you only need to go to Bhutto's Wikipedia for "why she was corrupt". It's pretty well sourced. There are literally hundreds of documents relating to Bhutto's corruption as primer minister, but she has managed to fool many in the West and has cast an image of herself as the only one who can bring democracy to Pakistan.

This New York Post article summarizes by position on Bhutto quite well. In death, thourgh which she became a martyr of democracy, she will be more useful to Pakistan than she ever was while she was alive.

In summary, HP.

Except for the incident involving her brother, which remains unsolved, all of the charges involve money (i.e. bribes). There has probably been corruption like that in every national government that ever existed. So everyone here is way over-reacting to what she did. This is the same reason my former governor John Rowland was driven from office, people are so high and mighty they can't even begin to consider the thought that somewhere at sometime, something wrong was done. Its called politics and no one said it was ever perfect.

Nawaz Sharif and Al Zia wanted Sharia law as national law, and enabled the Taliban. They were far worse than Bhutto. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 06:54:32 PM »

But all I've heard, here and in the press, is that she was "corrupt", but no one ever says why she was corrupt.

A very easy question to answer actually. She used to be the Prime Minister of Pakistan. There. Simple really. What more proof could you need?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies