The Green Party of Antillia [HQ]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:46:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Green Party of Antillia [HQ]
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Green Party of Antillia [HQ]  (Read 5062 times)
perdedor

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:42:40 AM »
« edited: March 03, 2008, 12:28:05 PM by arnold layne »

Green Party of Antillia

Party History:
The Green Party of Antillia was founded in 1967 by Elliott Barrett and the now deceased Bryan Lampard, who was captured and executed by the secret police under orders of the former dictatorship that ruled Antillia. The Party was formed illegally, in defiance to the dictatorship, operating mainly by pinning up flyers in the midst of the night and holding underground get togethers that consisted of music and stump speeches. Today, the Green Party is still a functioning unit within the Left Bloc.

Party Objectives:

1) To effectively raise the issue of environmental conservation and global warming, and to help enact policies that function to promote environmentally friendly actions among the people of Antillia.

2) To influence the government and enact economic policies that function to benefit the Antillian people as a collective unit. Such policies include a progressive tax, a strong foundation of social programs for the economically disadvantaged, and a single payer universal health care system that ensures that no Antillian be forced to pay a pretty penny for what this party believes is a basic human right.

3) To establish a government who's foreign policy is rooted in diplomacy and the desire for peace. This party will fight against any unnecessary military aggression, imperialist nation building, and arms races. This party supports the establishment of a small, efficiently funded military and a Department of Peace.

4) To ensure that the personal lives of the Antillian people are as deregulated as possible. This party supports a woman's right to choose, same-sex marriages, the separation of church and state, and the right to do with ones body what one pleases.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »

Considering this is 1990, the Greens might have very limited support unless they are similar to German Greens or French Greens (who took over 10% in 1993 but no seats). Good luck, though Smiley
perdedor

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 03:11:56 AM »

Considering this is 1990, the Greens might have very limited support unless they are similar to German Greens or French Greens (who took over 10% in 1993 but no seats). Good luck, though Smiley

When was this established? I'm having a hard time finding it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »

The game has a 17-year lag. It's actually February 1991 right now.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 01:25:49 PM »

If it's any consolation I think the 17 year lag is a bad idea.
perdedor

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »

Indeed. That seems like an awfully pointless amount of time to go backwards. That wasn't era that was exactly politically interesting. Oh well, there's always that horrid Gulf War to oppose. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 06:54:17 PM »

Indeed. That seems like an awfully pointless amount of time to go backwards. That wasn't era that was exactly politically interesting. Oh well, there's always that horrid Gulf War to oppose. Tongue

I wanted 35 years. Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 01:26:40 PM »

I wanted something like that too
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 04:48:28 PM »

I wanted something like that too

Either would have worked, historically, 35 would have put you at the begining of the "third wave" of democratization, along with Greece, Portugal, and Spain. 17 years puts you in the middle of the third wave, with Chile, Brazil, Eastern Europe, South Korea, and Taiwan.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 09:08:27 PM »

The Social Credit Party of Antillia is currently in the middle of overhauling its platforms. (I shamelessly cribbed the platform of Social Credit Party of Alberta to use as a starting point and have been overhauling it to make it fit 1991 and Antillia, as well as my own predilictions.)  The SCP/RCA is currently examining its environment platform and while I won't guarantee adoption of any ideas the Greens might wish to offer the SCP for consideration, I would like input from our fellow Left Bloc party.
perdedor

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »

The Social Credit Party of Antillia is currently in the middle of overhauling its platforms. (I shamelessly cribbed the platform of Social Credit Party of Alberta to use as a starting point and have been overhauling it to make it fit 1991 and Antillia, as well as my own predilictions.)  The SCP/RCA is currently examining its environment platform and while I won't guarantee adoption of any ideas the Greens might wish to offer the SCP for consideration, I would like input from our fellow Left Bloc party.

Certainly. The basis of the GP's environmental policy is conservation. We are of the belief that through conservation, a good deal of strain will be lifted from our enviornment. The party calls for government programs, at both the regional and national level, that will encourage conservation among businesses and consumers a like with the ultimate goal being a 25% reduction in energy consumption within the next 10-15 years. In addition to this, we strongly oppose any deregulation of energy utilities.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »

A friendly note to the Green Party:

Support for such policies isn't at the front of the national debate, the dictatorship having recently fallen. Therefore, I invite the GP to join the SDP. Due to our bloc system, an environmental wing could quite possibly have more power in Atlasia than a separate party.

S.A. Khan
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 08:33:30 PM »

On the other hand if you wish to consider merger, you may wish to consider a party that is more green than red.

Douglas Horden

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 09:09:12 AM »

Fax from M. Denoix.

I would urge the Green Party to remain independent for the benefit of Antillia and the green movement
perdedor

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 11:42:50 AM »

Dear Constituents of the Left Bloc,

While we at the Green Party look forward to cooperating with our fellow left bloc members, it is my job as chairman to inform you that Green Party will be remaining an independent entity.

Chairman,
Green Party of Antillia
Elliott Barrett
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies