Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:13:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
Author Topic: Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic  (Read 56028 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: March 05, 2008, 01:09:05 AM »

What is "pulling a Henry Cuellar"?

What's with Obama only leading by 2% Cuyahoga?

Getting ridiculously high turnout from Webb County in a low-turnout election.  See, e.g. 2002 midterms, 2004 and 2006 Dem primaries.

I thought you were a Kossack and would remember this.  Cheesy
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #751 on: March 05, 2008, 01:09:35 AM »

No, but it might hold down an Obama lead.
jesmo

« Reply #752 on: March 05, 2008, 01:10:55 AM »

Wyoming is safe Obama.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #753 on: March 05, 2008, 01:12:27 AM »

Chuck Todd on MSNBC is saying that even if Clinton's 2 point lead in TX holds up, his best guess (because of the particular districts where each candidate won) is that Obama nets about 3-4 delegates just from the *primary* contest in TX....this doesn't count what happens in the TX caucus, which we don't know about yet.
The SoS is showing Clinton up 64-62 on the primary delegates.  She is also up 55%:44% in election day voting.  You have people who voted early two weeks ago, who you're going to try to get to come back on a cold night to a different place than where they voted the first time.  Those who voted late on election day can just stick around for the caucus.

Not actually true, as the caucuses were in different locations from the primaries. And I was under the impression (haven't checked myself) that it was Obama who led 64-62 in delegates.
It is now Clinton 65:61 on delegates.

The caucuses were at the same location as the polling places (which is not necessarily the same for both parties).  Early voting was at centralized locations.  For example, Harris County had 36 early voting locations, and you can vote at any one.  On election day, you have to vote in your election precinct's polling place.  There are 874 precincts, though there were only about 400 polling places for each party.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #754 on: March 05, 2008, 01:13:13 AM »

If 11 straight wins couldn't deliver Texas or Ohio, how the HELL is Mississippi and Wyoming going to help deliver PA, a closed primary??
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #755 on: March 05, 2008, 01:13:44 AM »

If 11 straight wins couldn't deliver Texas or Ohio, how the HELL is Mississippi and Wyoming going to help deliver PA, a closed primary??

It's not, but it could cancel out the delegates.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #756 on: March 05, 2008, 01:13:59 AM »

I'm going to laugh heartily when Obama wins Texas

I don't know about you but I'm certainly enjoying a good laugh.

Yea, yea, yea - I thought about phrasing it so I could weasel out if I was wrong, but oh well, I'll eat my crow
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #757 on: March 05, 2008, 01:14:50 AM »

My current delegate projection by the way are Obama +6 in Wyoming, Obama +9 in Mississippi and Hillary +9 in Pennsylvania.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #758 on: March 05, 2008, 01:16:26 AM »

Hillary is not going to drop out after winning PA... This is going to go all the way to the convention. The Democrats are in serious trouble.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #759 on: March 05, 2008, 01:17:08 AM »

My primary vote (I'll register in Oregon before I move to Texas) may actually matter this year! Yay!
jesmo

« Reply #760 on: March 05, 2008, 01:17:21 AM »

Hillary is not going to drop out after winning PA... This is going to go all the way to the convention. The Democrats are in serious trouble.

I have no facts to back this up, but I have a feeling it will be Obama who drops out. Not now, of course, but in a matter of weeks.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #761 on: March 05, 2008, 01:18:20 AM »

Republicans voting for the most Republican candidate in the Democratic primary in Texas.

I have no facts to back this up, but I have a feeling it will be Obama who drops out. Not now, of course, but in a matter of weeks.

Maybe you should short him on InTrade. He's at 73.5%.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #762 on: March 05, 2008, 01:18:52 AM »

They won't. But after them, Clinton would have that much a tougher job catching up in delegates. Early on, momentum is everything. You don't care about NH delegates - you care about NH. Later, that's simply not the case: every delegate starts counting. And when PA comes, Obama will be able to afford loosing it narrowly - Clinton won't.

Still, once again, let me make clear: today is Clinton's day. She did what she had to. It might not be enough, but she is still in.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #763 on: March 05, 2008, 01:19:06 AM »

My current delegate projection by the way are Obama +6 in Wyoming, Obama +9 in Mississippi and Hillary +9 in Pennsylvania.

If Clinton wins Pennsylvania by 9 points, this probably is going to the convention after all.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #764 on: March 05, 2008, 01:19:16 AM »

Obama's not going to drop out as long as he has a delegate lead. That'd be just ridiculous.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #765 on: March 05, 2008, 01:19:45 AM »

Republicans voting for the most Republican candidate in the Democratic primary in Texas.

This is sig material.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #766 on: March 05, 2008, 01:20:52 AM »

If Clinton wins Pennsylvania by 9 points, this probably is going to the convention after all.

She's winning PA by at least nine.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #767 on: March 05, 2008, 01:21:25 AM »

This is sig material.
Cuellar was the only Democrat in a contested primary who won the Club for Growth's endorsement...
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #768 on: March 05, 2008, 01:22:12 AM »

I agree, and your governor is behind her too.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #769 on: March 05, 2008, 01:22:51 AM »

While we were talking, the bulk of Harris Co. reported - and it didn't do anything for Obama (his absolute lead in the county remained at 50 thousand). Looks like Clinton will, actually, hold something like her current lead - 80 thousand, +- a bit.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #770 on: March 05, 2008, 01:25:10 AM »

This is sig material.
Cuellar was the only Democrat in a contested primary who won the Club for Growth's endorsement...

Look, the Kossacks never understood that area.  Looks like the Obamamites still don't understand it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #771 on: March 05, 2008, 01:26:24 AM »

Rasmussen disagrees.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #772 on: March 05, 2008, 01:27:09 AM »

Rasmussen disagrees.

Isn't ARG the new gold standard?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #773 on: March 05, 2008, 01:28:09 AM »

Rasmussen disagrees.

LOL

Ok. Want me to name the other polls that had her up over ten points? By the way, those polls with Obama closing in mean nothing now. Easy win in OH = easy win in PA.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #774 on: March 05, 2008, 01:28:56 AM »

Rasmussen disagrees.

LOL

Ok. Want me to name the other polls that had her up over ten points? By the way, those polls with Obama closing in mean nothing now. Easy win in OH = easy win in PA.

You mean a bunch of uni polls? Yeah sure.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies