Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:24:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
Author Topic: Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic  (Read 56142 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: March 05, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »

39% in 56-44
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #826 on: March 05, 2008, 04:09:33 PM »

My extrapolation from the repored Senate districts results in:

Obama 53,605 (55%)
Clinton 44,089 (45%)
Uncommitted 103
Other 9
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #827 on: March 05, 2008, 07:03:19 PM »

My extrapolation from the repored Senate districts results in:

Obama 53,605 (55%)
Clinton 44,089 (45%)
Uncommitted 103
Other 9
How did you extrapolate?

Each election precinct was entitled to 1 county delegate for each 15 votes for the Democratic gubernatorial candidate in 2006 (Chris Bell).  So that the sum of the delegates in the left column is the total number of county delegates (88,074).

To get the projected number of county delegates for each candidate for each senate district, you should take the current known delegate totals in the district, and project those over the total number of county delegates for each senate district. 

The percentage of precincts reporting is meaningless, expect perhaps as an indication of distributional bias - if you have relative more small precincts reporting, then the percentage of small precincts reporting will be higher than the percentage of delegates selected.

For example, SD 1 has 2665 county delegates.  Currently there are 474 Obamaniacs and 324 Clintonians, and 1 uncommitted (799 total).  So the projected number of Obamaniacs for SD 1 is (2665*474/799) or 1580, and 1080 Clintonians.

Based on that method, I get a 59-41% statewide split, assuming that the distribution of county delegates within each SD does not change.

At the county conventions, state delegates will be chosen - but they will be chosen by election precinct or groups of election precincts, with one state delegate for each 180 Bell votes fractions truncated.  The allocation of state delegates will be based on the sign-in vote at the precinct conventions.  So the state delegates should be roughly proportional to the county delegates - subject to some pretty severe truncation errors.  If I understand the allocation of delegates for precincts, then in Harris County, 1 precinct will have 6 state delegates, 1 will hav 5, 5 will have 4, 34 will have 3, 125 will have 2, 202 will have 1, and the remaining precincts will share 391 delegates.

Delegates to the national convention will be based on shares of delegates at the state convention.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #828 on: March 05, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »

I just extrapolated the given SD counts based on the % reporting.  That is, I divided the current SD count by the percent reporting.  My intent was way more simplistic than you think, I'm afraid.  Tongue
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #829 on: March 05, 2008, 10:33:51 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2008, 10:36:40 PM by jimrtex »

I just extrapolated the given SD counts based on the % reporting.  That is, I divided the current SD count by the percent reporting.  My intent was way more simplistic than you think, I'm afraid.  Tongue
You should have divided the current SD counts by the percentage actually allocated.

Anyhow, I miscalculated the percentages.

Updated results: 

Obama 48,718 delegates, 55.3%, 37 national delegates.
Clinton 39,261 delegates, 44.6%, 30 national delegates.

Results are coming in very slow, maybe 0-5 precincts per SD over 3 hours.  And in a few cases there were decreases in the number of precincts reported.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #830 on: March 07, 2008, 05:45:28 PM »

My current delegate projection by the way are Obama +6 in Wyoming, Obama +9 in Mississippi and Hillary +9 in Pennsylvania.

If Clinton wins Pennsylvania by 9 points, this probably is going to the convention after all.

She's winning PA by at least nine.

I agree, and your governor is behind her too.

All the polls I have seen recently have her way out ahead.  I don't expect that to change either.  The Democrat electorate in PA are the kind of old school grizzled types who don't know the New Deal Coalition died 20 years ago (at least).  They'll come out for Hillary in droves.  Plus with the Rendell turnout machine on her side, she can't lose.

Even after all of this Hillary is still gonna win... unless she get blown out everywhere else, which I doubt.  Obama has no clue how to engage in the kinda backdoor, cloak and dagger stuff that is going to happen before the convention... the Clinton's are Hall-of-Famers.  And if Obama hires that people he will need to take out Clinton, then it will irreparably tar his image.  He can't win.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #831 on: March 09, 2008, 01:20:37 AM »

Anecdotal report:  My parents, both Obama supporters for now (my father switches back and forth) report from a 70-75% Hispanic precinct in the middle of Houston's East End (a little bit more upperclass than most).  150-25 Clinton.  Obama barely reaches viability.  Maybe through their showing up.

This afternoon, my father drove his car up the driveway to their home.  Someone had smashed a watermelon all over the concrete on the driveway.  It wasn't a seedless watermelon.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I NEED SOME ANSWERS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #832 on: March 09, 2008, 01:23:15 AM »

Anecdotal report:  My parents, both Obama supporters for now (my father switches back and forth) report from a 70-75% Hispanic precinct in the middle of Houston's East End (a little bit more upperclass than most).  150-25 Clinton.  Obama barely reaches viability.  Maybe through their showing up.

This afternoon, my father drove his car up the driveway to their home.  Someone had smashed a watermelon all over the concrete on the driveway.  It wasn't a seedless watermelon.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I NEED SOME ANSWERS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

1. Black people like watermelon
2. Smashed watermelon represents Obama getting smashed in Texas
3. Your father was an Obama supporter so if he supports Obama again he will in turn get smashed- watermelon style
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies