CA-11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:52:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-11
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: CA-11  (Read 13144 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 11:06:20 PM »

Yeah seriously the district is more suburban bay area than it seems. Brentwood, Tracy,Mountain house are all suburban and will probably vote similar to the tri-valley region. Andal was probably selected by the crazies that are all over the place in the valley. Even the exurbs of the bay area are not that extreme. If the republicans were smart they would pick some GOP moderate from the suburbs. Anyways Andal cant swim against the wave that is coming for the GOP.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2008, 06:51:58 PM »

Yeah seriously the district is more suburban bay area than it seems. Brentwood, Tracy,Mountain house are all suburban and will probably vote similar to the tri-valley region. Andal was probably selected by the crazies that are all over the place in the valley. Even the exurbs of the bay area are not that extreme. If the republicans were smart they would pick some GOP moderate from the suburbs. Anyways Andal cant swim against the wave that is coming for the GOP.

I'm surprised they can't win this one. Pombo almost held onto his seat, so any other Republican should be able to take it. But it is not to be.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2008, 07:03:25 PM »

I'm surprised they can't win this one. Pombo almost held onto his seat, so any other Republican should be able to take it. But it is not to be.
To reiterate earlier comments, it's safe to say that CA-11 is trending left. As long as McNerney doesn't alienate the more rural parts of this district, he'll be pretty safe till redistricting*.

*Of course, he could be a victim in 2010 if Obama become President.
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2008, 12:06:40 AM »

To reiterate earlier comments, it's safe to say that CA-11 is trending left. As long as McNerney doesn't alienate the more rural parts of this district, he'll be pretty safe till redistricting*.

I won't say safe until I see this year's result.  There are a lot of dynamics that could change things one way or another.

On the other hand, I'm worried about the 15th Assembly District following CA-11 leftward. Sad
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2008, 12:19:41 AM »

I won't say safe until I see this year's result.  There are a lot of dynamics that could change things one way or another.

On the other hand, I'm worried about the 15th Assembly District following CA-11 leftward. Sad

Primary vote totals seem to be nearly even between Dems and GOP.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2008, 01:42:36 AM »

Primary vote totals seem to be nearly even between Dems and GOP.

Yes there are too many rural and non hispanic towns in the CD. The suburbs of Stockton obviously do not help. I think Mcnerney is safe for this year but if Obama does not meet expectations, he could be in trouble in 2010. It is so frustrating considering it borders one of the most liberal CD's in the country and another one whose representative is an open atheist and considered one of the most liberal members of the congress.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2008, 01:48:59 AM »

Growth in the I-680 corridor is probably making the district gradually more liberal. A second BART station in the district is under construction.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2008, 01:55:50 AM »

I recently read on this forum that dublin,ca was one of the fastest growing cities in california. Most of this growth is townhomes and smaller, more eco friendly housing. Many of them are close to the BART and have shopping facilities right below the apartments. It has that urban feel and I think they will vote accordingly. This will definitely help him.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2008, 07:53:34 AM »

Yes there are too many rural and non hispanic towns in the CD. The suburbs of Stockton obviously do not help.

What are the suburbs of Stockton like these days? Any better than the suburbs of Merced and other boom-bust Central Valley housing markets?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2008, 08:38:37 AM »

Yes there are too many rural and non hispanic towns in the CD. The suburbs of Stockton obviously do not help.

What are the suburbs of Stockton like these days? Any better than the suburbs of Merced and other boom-bust Central Valley housing markets?

Those areas are not doing well at all right now as the housing crisis has hit those areas much worse than the actual bay area. That is one of the reasons why I think Mcnerney is safe for this year.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2008, 05:49:45 PM by Attorney General Xahar »

Well, it wasn't even close in the end...

Map:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies