If Barack leads by 100 delegates at convention time would you Dems be ok if (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:03:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  If Barack leads by 100 delegates at convention time would you Dems be ok if (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Barack leads by 100 delegates at convention time would you Dems be ok if  (Read 3236 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 06, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »

Hillary is put over the top by super delegates PROVIDING:

Hillary comes on strong winning Pennsylvania, Kentucky, W. Virginia, and Indiana by large margins negating smaller wins by Barack and WINNING the overall primary POPULAR VOTE.

For now, forego the debate on whether that's doable because I for one accept the premise that she would only win by a small bargain.  Could the Democratic Party faithful accept that decision and be ok with that?

I think that if Obama leads by 100 delegates after FL/MI are settled, it's over for Hillary.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 11:03:45 PM »

The supers will be looking at the polls and who is viable, and what has happened in the news, and about the candidates, since the voting stopped.

They won't overlook the fact that Obama leads in pledged delegates. That would be hanging over their heads for the entirety.

And once Michigan revotes with Obama actually on the ballot he will lead including Florida and Michigan, so shut up J. J. before you copy and paste that again for the 268th time.

If it does.  Even if there is a revote, that adds 250-310 elected delegates into the mix.  If you ignore it, it won't go away.

This nastiness, aka, the Democratic nomination process, continues.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 08:52:06 AM »

Which is precisely why I was hoping there would not be a long and divisive primary. For what it's worth, my mom, who has voted Democratic since 2000 and voted straight Democrat in 2006, said to me last week that she would campaign actively for McCain just because she "hates Obama". I'll work on her, but this thing will be quite a challenge, the higher the emotions run and the more negative things get the more craptacular the Democratic meltdown will be. What kills me the most is that it's basically a slow grind.

I've heard the same thing, from a Clinton supporter.  So did Chris Mathews on Hardball last night.

I've been saying two things, both of which are true: 

1.  FL/MI will matter.

2.  Obama is over-hyped.

The Democrats are about to pay the price for not realizing both.

I think one solution is putting both on the ticket.  I doubt if either is willing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies